• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Asian Champions League 2009

dru

Goldenboy said:
dru said:
Somehow Goldenboy I think the ones able to afford these trips are the ones that will be open to the culture of the places. We will be drunk and rowdy on game day though.

I will probably do Japan away, especially if it is our first away game in Asia. If it happens and people want some suggestions of what to do while over there let me know.

I don't like the suggested correlation between disposable income and cultural appreciation.

I'm sure you're not suggesting that those who cannot afford an indulgent overseas trip, in a time when economic prudence is the wisest option,  give little esteem to culture.

But it seems you are implying the converse. Money implies an enlightened mind? Simply absurd.

Yeah point taken that that was not written well. My point is more that those going will, due to the amount of time and money taken to plan and do these trips will actually be keen to experience the country they choose to stay in out of a desire to not waste the opportunity.

Alternatively anybody that is just going to get drunk and rowdy will probably just forget about the match or connecting flights anyway. ;)

As for the money thing, I can't see how anybody that stays in five star resorts will experience the real country they are visiting and that money at times actually indicates a fairly closed view of the world. Backpackers and students that homestay are the ones that get the real view of the culture of the country they are in by being right in the heart of it.

Lets be realistic though less than 1% of the mariners fanbase will even consider a trip like the one serious14 is suggesting or others going purely to the host countries are planning. None of these are a Melbourne or Brisbane trip and are actually a lot more of a trip than a NZ, Adelaide or Perth that only about 20-30 of us here have actually done any of them.

I wonder if we can organise home stays through our sister club in China for the Game over there. Would be a wonderful way to actually experience China.

RADINHO

serious14 said:
RADINHO said:
thats gay i wanted to watch West Asian oppostion play against us.

Well el Kareemo in disguise, if we make it out of the group, you just might be lucky enough.

lol im not Kareem and i hope we get even further than out of our group.

Sean

Btw I think it has gone unnoticed on the forum but Josh Kennedy scored the winner in Nagoya Grampus' quarter final against Kawasaki Frontale.

Nagoya were down after the first First Leg 1:2 and came back to progress 4:3!

http://asianchampionsleague.com.au/nagoya-31-kawasaki-43/

Nagoya 3:1 Kawasaki (4:3)
30 September 2009

Australia striker Josh Kennedy struck with two minutes remaining as Nagoya Grampus downed J. League counterparts Kawasaki Frontale 3-1 on Wednesday to secure a place in the AFC Champions League semi-finals after edging through 4-3 on aggregate.

Following Kawasakis 2-1 home win in last weeks first leg, Yoshizumi Ogawa and Maya Yoshida scored in the first half for Nagoya before Jong Tae-se hit back for the visitors before half-time.

But with the tie looking to be heading for extra-time, Kennedy netted from close range as Nagoya ended a 10 match winless streak against Kawasaki.

At a wet Mizuho Track and Field Stadium, Kawasaki started brightly but the home side soon settled with right-back Hayuma Tanaka pushing forward and Kennedys height causing problems for the visitors.

And the home side were rewarded after 27 minutes as Nagoya midfielder Ogawa fired a fine strike into the top right corner past a diving Eiji Kawashima in the Kawasaki goal following a surging solo run from midfield.

Nagoya continued to dominate and doubled their lead 10 minutes before the break as summer signing Alessandro Santos delivered a pin-point free-kick for Yoshida to head home.

But Kawasaki responded three minutes later as Renatinho found Jong and the DPR Korea striker fired home from inside the area to level the tie on aggregate.

After the break, Kawasaki started to control possession but it was Nagoya who came closest to scoring as Kennedy was twice denied by Kawashima in quick succession just before the hour mark as the Australian forward connected with Magnums cross before seeing his close range strike saved.

As the half progressed, the home side continued to dominate while Kawasaki were restricted to counter-attacks which were comfortably dealt with by Santos.

Midfielder Naoshi Nakamura fired over for Nagoya a minute before the hour mark while Kennedy again threatened the Kawasaki goal six minutes later before Ogawa failed to find the target from outside the area.

But after Nagoya coach Dragan Stojkovic introduced Montenegrin midfielder Igor Burzanovic in place of Santos with 17 minutes remaining, the home side were rewarded as Kennedy reacted after Magnums effort was saved to convert from close range.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred