• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

APL watch

Big Al

Call me old but cops should be respected and not abused and when they are wrong they are right. The way the community and especially those pushing the limits speak to them is totally disrespectful.

They deal with the shit while coping shit.

If someone including management stuff up you can still calmly explain the situation and more likely you get common sense prevail when you aren’t antagonistic towards them.

The RBB might have in the right technically but they know how to throw a tantrum and now boycotting hurts there team not the cops or management. I also think the boycott thing is now well over done.

Flare lighting is fairly harmless but technically still illegal so it is a cops job to stop it. Football is not an excuse for it to be ok.

That said active support is definitely misunderstood and possibly deliberately but you need to be smarter if the cops are targeting you to get a reaction but teenagers have never been told no before.

Tevor

From what I had heard Security had told them to go back to the Active Support area and when they tried to the Police stopped them and the altercations occurred.
It was the Venues NSW marshals that wouldn’t let them back to the active area and when the members of the RBB including the Cappo couldn’t get back they lost it and then the Police became involved. This is what has come out of the investigation and is on multiple pods. A lot of false info being spread around about unauthorised tifo’s etc. it was the RBB losing the plot that triggered the Police.

Huddo

From what I had heard Security had told them to go back to the Active Support area and when they tried to the Police stopped them and the altercations occurred.

I Dunno the jist of what happened as there is alot of hearsay. But I will say this, escalation came from confrontation, without the confrontation there is no escalation, especially noting no arrests were made on the night, its not a good look for the police.

Tevor

Call me old but cops should be respected and not abused and when they are wrong they are right. The way the community and especially those pushing the limits speak to them is totally disrespectful.

They deal with the shit while coping shit.

If someone including management stuff up you can still calmly explain the situation and more likely you get common sense prevail when you aren’t antagonistic towards them.

The RBB might have in the right technically but they know how to throw a tantrum and now boycotting hurts there team not the cops or management. I also think the boycott thing is now well over done.

Flare lighting is fairly harmless but technically still illegal so it is a cops job to stop it. Football is not an excuse for it to be ok.

That said active support is definitely misunderstood and possibly deliberately but you need to be smarter if the cops are targeting you to get a reaction but teenagers have never been told no before.
Also has come out that multiple RBB members were caught and dealt with for having flares on them. They are illegal so if you are caught with one you deserve what you get. I don’t like how the RBB continue to cause problems impacting us all in the end. Sadly I don’t think the RBB will ever get it together and I’ll leave that there.

Tevor

I Dunno the jist of what happened as there is alot of hearsay. But I will say this, escalation came from confrontation, without the confrontation there is no escalation, especially noting no arrests were made on the night, it’s not a good look for the police.
Don’t be swayed by the views of the RBB about the cops. I think what happened in Brisbane was definitely the cops but no so much at the Derby. These are the people trying to justify throwing projectiles at players after they score because their celebrations are offensive. How do you deal with that mentality.

Huddo

Don’t be swayed by the views of the RBB about the cops. I think what happened in Brisbane was definitely the cops but no so much at the Derby. These are the people trying to justify throwing projectiles at players after they score because their celebrations are offensive. How do you deal with that mentality.

I'm not swayed by the RBB, I'm swayed by my own dealings with them. They used heavy coercion to manipulate my position (it's a common tactic, just sit in a court for a couple of days, you'll see it).

The police only deserve the respect that they afford to others in the community. Just have a look a the respect they've shown the LGBTQI+ community to see the respect these pricks should be given.

To add, the raptor squad had no reason to be there. Just look at the damage officers like Raptor 13 did to the police

Huddo

Also has come out that multiple RBB members were caught and dealt with for having flares on them. They are illegal so if you are caught with one you deserve what you get. I don’t like how the RBB continue to cause problems impacting us all in the end. Sadly I don’t think the RBB will ever get it together and I’ll leave that there.

Wheres the arrest, I mean isn't it illegal to be in possession of the flare?

style_cafe

I Dunno the jist of what happened as there is alot of hearsay. But I will say this, escalation came from confrontation, without the confrontation there is no escalation, especially noting no arrests were made on the night, its not a good look for the police.
There was a flare ignited a few weeks ago at Industree.
The police did nothing,the fans continued to watch the game and nothing more was said or done.
I don`t condone flares but isn`t the violence worse?... :popcorn:

Ironbark

I've been overseas when moderately aggressive protest has occurred. In these cases there is typically something of meaning to protest, that needs change, and there's a level of frustration or desperation.

What is the RBBs reason for their repeated BS? What meaningful problems do they have that they can't possibly behave in any other way to solve?
The one common denominator in these problems - the RBB themselves.
There's no excuse. It's primitive, tryhard, and immature at best.
It's a choice to behave this way and in the context of a football game in Australia is simply unacceptable.

Huddo

I'm with alot of you that disagree with the RBB's past indiscretion, and agree they do seem to be a common denominator.

My issue is the way in which the issue is being dealt with in an immediate and confrontational manner. What do the police expect when they started down this course of action?

The choice of how to act this time was taken out of WS hands.

To think that the Raptor Squad would be pleasent and just let the entitled back to their seats negates the actions of Raptor squad in the past.

The final question I'll put forward again, if the RBB was so in the wrong, and the Police so in the right, where are the charges? And where is the video footage all coppers wear to back in their position, ? it's an easy way to show themselves to be the right, but there's been no charges laid, and no footage presented from their side.

P.s I would also expect the WSW to attempt to obtain this footage through a GIPA if they feel aggrieved.

Last edited:

Hello Sailor

The final question I'll put forward again, if the RBB was so in the wrong, and the Police so in the right, where are the charges?
You say you worked in a similar role to the police. So did I.
I dont understand your anti police position. You damn them for responding immediately and being confrontational. I dont blame them, these shitbags have form. Idiots feel braver when they are in a crowd of like minded morons hell bent on disruption. The police would be hammered if things got out of hand because they were soft at the start. I dont know the details of this incident but even if it was escalated by the police, every one in the mob has a choice, to comply with a lawful directive of a police officer or to defy it. Had they complied it sounds like things would have been OK.

You and I probably would also not charge anyone if you were vastly outnumbered by an aggressive mob, all dressed identically and easily hidden within that crowd. Yes, diplomacy, bluff and turning a blind eye to minor behavioural problems would be the smart move, but once things get out of hand they aren't much of an option. The alternative would be to escalate matters by calling for back up. Personally wouldnt have an issue if the TRG or dog squad gave them an attitude adjustment. Instead of questioning the lack of charges as a criticism, exactly how would YOU separate the trouble makers from a mob like this, arrest them and not make matters worse?

Huddo

I dont understand your anti police position. You damn them for responding immediately and being confrontational. I dont blame them, these shitbags have form. Idiots feel braver when they are in a crowd of like minded morons hell bent on disruption. The police would be hammered if things got out of hand because they were soft at the start. I dont know the details of this incident but even if it was escalated by the police, every one in the mob has a choice, to comply with a lawful directive of a police officer or to defy it. Had they complied it sounds like things would have been OK.

So 14 year olds, pensioners and families have form? You seem to be tarring the whole supporter group with a negative brush. You talk about things getting out of hand, this wasn't out of hand until the police arrived. Having 50 odd police on the concourse for what was initially a minor disagreement is going to take things out of hand.

You speak of compliance with the police direction, what if the RBB member had a ticket to the area, does that not count for something? A valid ticket holder was manhandled to the ground because he was turned away from where he was meant to be! And then 50 cops rock up! How couldn't this have been handled at a lower level?

The reason for my position on police as I've already said, I've seen what lazy officers do when they have alot of power and little responsibility. Where is the accountability of the police in determining whether the actions they took on the night were justified? I mean there were no charges for the night so how is the actions justified? There's no open investigation, so they are just justified in doing the same thing again. They manhandled children, they tackled pensioners. The RBB may be f**kwits, but without any accountability from the law enforcement, you remove our basic right to equality before the law.

You and I probably would also not charge anyone if you were vastly outnumbered by an aggressive mob, all dressed identically and easily hidden within that crowd. Yes, diplomacy, bluff and turning a blind eye to minor behavioural problems would be the smart move, but once things get out of hand they aren't much of an option. The alternative would be to escalate matters by calling for back up. Personally wouldnt have an issue if the TRG or dog squad gave them an attitude adjustment. Instead of questioning the lack of charges as a criticism, exactly how would YOU separate the trouble makers from a mob like this, arrest them and not make matters worse?

So whats the legitimate ticket holders recourse? Stand his ground and get attacked by a dog? Or leave, miss the game you legitimately have a ticket for, and write a letter?

If a marshal was there and given the respect of the stadium staff to engage in consultation, there and then, how the f**k does it escalate?

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

NSW Police "generally" hate football fans - the 2 overweight ones who wheeze there way to the top of bay 16 would be hopeless faced by anyone stronger than a 91yo dementia patient :)

If they saw real, genuine,trouble they would bottle it for sure and certain, their ability to Police crowds is laughable. I dont consider anything the RBB do "real" trouble, excited kids being idiots mainly

As one said to Rowdy during a civilised chat (no it really was) - "NRL fans arent like you, they dont riot" he just laughed at the bloke. What can you do against such stupidity?

They are slaves to their prejudices and that is institutional. They need to be accountable to non Police for the way they carry on - investigating themselves doesnt work.

Nothing will happen here - until the next time

Tevor

NSW Police "generally" hate football fans - the 2 overweight ones who wheeze there way to the top of bay 16 would be hopeless faced by anyone stronger than a 91yo dementia patient :)

If they saw real, genuine,trouble they would bottle it for sure and certain, their ability to Police crowds is laughable. I dont consider anything the RBB do "real" trouble, excited kids being idiots mainly

As one said to Rowdy during a civilised chat (no it really was) - "NRL fans arent like you, they dont riot" he just laughed at the bloke. What can you do against such stupidity?

They are slaves to their prejudices and that is institutional. They need to be accountable to non Police for the way they carry on - investigating themselves doesnt work.

Nothing will happen here - until the next time
Yep the conclusion from everyone including the APL is this is an institutional problem involving the press, venue management, security and the Police. Long term education is the only answer but who knows if that will eventually work. Agree nothing will happen or change in the short term and probably not in the long term either.

The RBB going off like they do and now with their social media agenda is probably making it worst to be honest. If we can't have grown up conversations with these institutions then nothing will ever change. The term grown up is not in any RBB vocabulary.

Tevor

So 14 year olds, pensioners and families have form? You seem to be tarring the whole supporter group with a negative brush. You talk about things getting out of hand, this wasn't out of hand until the police arrived. Having 50 odd police on the concourse for what was initially a minor disagreement is going to take things out of hand.

You speak of compliance with the police direction, what if the RBB member had a ticket to the area, does that not count for something? A valid ticket holder was manhandled to the ground because he was turned away from where he was meant to be! And then 50 cops rock up! How couldn't this have been handled at a lower level?

The reason for my position on police as I've already said, I've seen what lazy officers do when they have alot of power and little responsibility. Where is the accountability of the police in determining whether the actions they took on the night were justified? I mean there were no charges for the night so how is the actions justified? There's no open investigation, so they are just justified in doing the same thing again. They manhandled children, they tackled pensioners. The RBB may be f**kwits, but without any accountability from the law enforcement, you remove our basic right to equality before the law.

So whats the legitimate ticket holders recourse? Stand his ground and get attacked by a dog? Or leave, miss the game you legitimately have a ticket for, and write a letter?

If a marshal was there and given the respect of the stadium staff to engage in consultation, there and then, how the f**k does it escalate?
It is probably good the Police had enough sense not to arrest anyone and you seem really fixated on this aspect. Pretty sure the standard is remove them from the Stadium and let the League decide if they get banned. Unless of course it is significant criminal offence.

My Son said he seen what looked like 10 year olds wearing WSW shirts calling the Police dogs etc. well before anything started. I said it before, the WSW fans create a hostile environment in the stadium and concourse then complain when there is an over reaction. I swear Rudan has made it worst fueling the fire of the world is against them with his ridiculous and unfounded comments a month ago. The fans have really embraced it unfortunately.

Huddo

It is probably good the Police had enough sense not to arrest anyone and you seem really fixated on this aspect. Pretty sure the standard is remove them from the Stadium and let the League decide if they get banned. Unless of course it is significant criminal offence.

My Son said he seen what looked like 10 year olds wearing WSW shirts calling the Police dogs etc. well before anything started. I said it before, the WSW fans create a hostile environment in the stadium and concourse then complain when there is an over reaction. I swear Rudan has made it worst fueling the fire of the world is against them with his ridiculous and unfounded comments a month ago. The fans have really embraced it unfortunately.

Police went hands on and took down multiple people, how is it justified without charges?

As I said it doesn't matter what the environment is like, police should be acting in a professional manner. If there is a hostile environment deal with it, if they can't communicate effectively with a group find an intermediary, if they still can't after that point throw restrictions on them. Throwing 50 police in the mix is going to incite the situation.

Last edited:

Hello Sailor

The RBB has tarred ITSELF with a negative brush of being problematic and it sounds like the police reacted to the initial issue based on that. You said that you worked in a similar role- if YOU were confronted by a mob, would you prefer more or fewer colleagues to support you? Obviously more.
I dont understand why responsible parents would take children with them to the RBB, let alone allow them to abuse police.

As for the legitimate ticket holders, I would walk away, and ask the venue staff to either place me in my correct seat [when they had sorted it out with the cops] or one of similar cost, NOT confront police officers over this trivial matter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred