• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

APL watch

sydmariner

true believer

FFC Mariner

not buying this at all
Sigh. Written by the coims team, designed to say nothing.
Seen enough of these to know that when the reception is measured the marketing tools are shocked that their message got slammed.
Meaningless drivel

Melange

It may not be for the APL, but I wonder if Wellington's eligibility for Asian competitions has been sorted. I know only a couple of seasons ago they still hadn't confirmed of they would be allowed in if they qualified.

This season with us winning the premiership that won't qualify them. But when we beat them in the grand final I think it will technically give them a spot as the best placed 3rd A-league team.

sydmariner

It may not be for the APL, but I wonder if Wellington's eligibility for Asian competitions has been sorted. I know only a couple of seasons ago they still hadn't confirmed of they would be allowed in if they qualified.
They play their home games south east of Dubbo.

Hello Sailor

RBB need to be eradicated from our game.
We don't have these issues, nor do Sydney. Same NSW Police.
Wonder why?
If I am an accident prone driver I expect to pay more for my insurance.

Some sort of risk assessment should dictate what level of police presence is needed at our home games.
In all of the years attending bluetonge I have not seen a policeman caution, let alone arrest someone.
When dickheads with a history and high probability of being disruptive like Wanderers visit THEY should be forking out to police their mob.

Tevor

Listened to the A League off air pod as they had some interesting info and points on last weekends issues and I tend to agree with them that institutions need to change in Australia and that includes the press, venue managers, security and police. Wasn't aware of the stat that Football in Aus has less incidents than any other main stream sport which includes NRL, AFL, Horse Racing and Cricket. Institutions need to be educated that active fans singing and moving together in large groups does not constitute a riot.

They seemed to think it was Venues NSW whom have only recently become the manager of Combank (Jan 2024) started the whole clash as they were not totally across what was happening with the tifo and supporters moving around. If Venues NSW staff had been fully up to speed the whole situation would have been avoided. If this is true then Venues NSW has a strong case to answer.

Still agree with FFC,the RBB always seem to be at the heart of everything, my Son was at the game and half an hour before kick off and well before the tifo he seen two Police just doing a routine walk around and all he could hear was people from a distance yelling abuse at the Police calling them dogs etc. So when the RBB says the Police over reacted it probably stems from all the abuse they have been coping well before the incident and no wonder they were on edge as they no doubt feel they are in a hostile environment.

You look at our two recent home games against SFC and WSW, the travelling active are very different and bring a whole different dimension to the atmosphere. WSW active trying to intimidate young family's and throwing projectiles not to mention a flare being let off about 10 minutes after Pete's ground announcement that flares are prohibited shows their mentality unfortunately. From what I've seen on socials the majority of non WSW supports are not feeling very sorry for them. They are the quintessential "boy who cried wolf".

Huddo

Still agree with FFC,the RBB always seem to be at the heart of everything, my Son was at the game and half an hour before kick off and well before the tifo he seen two Police just doing a routine walk around and all he could hear was people from a distance yelling abuse at the Police calling them dogs etc. So when the RBB says the Police over reacted it probably stems from all the abuse they have been coping well before the incident and no wonder they were on edge as they no doubt feel they are in a hostile environment.

If police can't handle the abuse in a professional manner maybe they need to seriously consider a change in career. I work in a similar environment if I was working with people that took it personally I'd tell em to pull there heads in.

This issue is easily fixed, give more responsibility to their marshals, but if the marshals can't maintain a level of control over the supporters, the clubs and supporters get penalized.

Flares, active shut down for a time, fighting, active shut down for a time, noncompliance with police direction, active shut down for a time. Give the club the responsibility, but slap em, when they negate the responsibility.

There was no need for the escalation we saw on the weekend with involvement of juveniles, seniors and families.

pjennings

If police can't handle the abuse in a professional manner maybe they need to seriously consider a change in career. I work in a similar environment if I was working with people that took it personally I'd tell em to pull there heads in.

This issue is easily fixed, give more responsibility to their marshals, but if the marshals can't maintain a level of control over the supporters, the clubs and supporters get penalized.

Flares, active shut down for a time, fighting, active shut down for a time, noncompliance with police direction, active shut down for a time. Give the club the responsibility, but slap em, when they negate the responsibility.

There was no need for the escalation we saw on the weekend with involvement of juveniles, seniors and families.
From what I had heard Security had told them to go back to the Active Support area and when they tried to the Police stopped them and the altercations occurred.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred