• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Any tips for driving to the game

shipwreck

If someone was planning on parking in fox studios on the day, what time do u think you would need to be there by before it was completely full?
Would 10am Sunday morning leave spaces???

Jimmy

shipwreck said:
If someone was planning on parking in fox studios on the day, what time do u think you would need to be there by before it was completely full?

Wouldnt it be an hour only parking zone?

gunners

what i usually do living in sydney is get train to central then catch the football buses to the sfs

tomoro cos i have football i gotta park at sydenham then catch train in then bus and vise versa coming back

COYM

Gav...

shipwreck said:

Dont forget the cricket is on and the get there early to get drunk before the game might have a bit of trouble...

Blackadder

Nearest to Central apart from the streets would be, Goulburn St car park or Haymarket (Paddys Market/Ent Centre)

Wheresdadspants?

Try parking around surry hills/waterloo area. only a 30 minute walk and won't cost to park and a few pubs along the way eg: moore park view hotel and the bat and ball hotel. Had to go to the coast for training this afternoon and a tip for those driving, look at the overpasses as you drive as there are about 3 mariners banners. Whoever did those good effort people!

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

What  do you reckon the bridge will be like?

I don't have an etag, so that rules out the tunnel.  I reckon bridge will be a nightmare due to the ships (mainly the streets off the bridge that you have to go through) - worth risking the bridge, or find another way?

Wheresdadspants?

Dunno mate. The bridge was good tonight and the queen whatever was berthed. The QE2 is being berthed at Garden Island at 10am so won't have an effect. I travel to the coast and back 3 times a week for training and don't have an E tag yet so if you go the bridge you get back on the tunnels and can take the Randwick exit and end up at Moore Park straight away. Will obviously be a little busier but just give yourself a little extra time. I suggest maybe 30 - 45 mins jus in case. Randwick race course is being opend for parking and can hold a lot. Should be no probs getting in just getting out.

cruiser

I think a bit too much is being made of the potential traffic nightmare. The last time the QE2 was in Sydney, along with the QM, it was a week day and the trafiic chaos happened during evening peak hour - bad at any time. Today is Sunday. That also means that a lot more street parking will be available. If you leave early enough, you wont have a problem.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
here's a tip...catch the train....the media are calling it sardine sunday, I reckon you would have had to been at the SFS an hour ago to not be stuck in a traffic jam

marinermick

RECKY said:
here's a tip...catch the train....the media are calling it sardine sunday, I reckon you would have had to been at the SFS an hour ago to not be stuck in a traffic jam

on my way down to the train station as well

see you at the KB

cruiser

I was home by 8.30 after an easy drive. Years of practice with going to watch the Swans at the SCG and knowing the best places to park for an easy getaway. After that crap game I just wanted to get home ASAP.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I went to Kensington via Anzac bridge, easy enough.  Heaps of parking there.

Freeway was fun, honking at the busses and other supporter's cars.  At one stage my car and 2 others had a Jets van boxed in, all honking and yelling and cheering :D

marconigirl

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
I went to Kensington via Anzac bridge, easy enough.  Heaps of parking there.

Freeway was fun, honking at the busses and other supporter's cars.  At one stage my car and 2 others had a Jets van boxed in, all honking and yelling and cheering :D
lol, sounds like fun...
On the train we had a singing match with some Jets supporters much to the dismay of other people around us... funny thing was though that when the cityrail/railcorp people came, they stayed up with the Jets supporters and one guy came down to see us and we sang to them, then they followed back upstairs to where the Jets supporters were...

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Not as fun as the season 1 grand final - there was a traffic jam in the tunnel, traffic was dead still.  There were a few carloads of Mariners supporters in that area though, so we all wound down our windows and started singing our various songs from our cars, together.  THAT was a moment :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred