• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Any tips for driving to the game

john_kowolski

Hi all,

I'm totally pumped for the GF. Got my tix and am ready to go.  :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy:

We're driving down and planning to get there early morning to park in the back streets of a nearby suburb (Paddington, Darlinghurst, Kensington etc.), to get a bus to go somewhere for the morning and back, within walking distance to SFS.

My question to those who know eastern suburbs/city well is what would be the best route to get out of the city quickly to get back up to the coast? I don't mind using tollways (got the e-tag), I know the CBD is pretty much shut-down, so any shortcuts/ideas would be appreciated.

GO THE MARINERS!!

Enjoy the game

cruiser

Do as I'm doing and park in Surry Hills or Redfern down near Bourke/Cleveland Streets. It's a short drive from there onto the Eastern Distributor after the game to get back to the Coast quickly to celebrate. It's also a short walk across Moore Park to the SFS. Make sure you get your park early (by midday) due to the cricket starting at 2pm.

midfielder

Don't drive or drive to one of the North Shore stations, Gordon, Chatswood, St Lennoards park and catch the teain.

kepo

Recomend not to drive but if must,
then park away from SFS and walk or catch shuttle from central...
Park in Sydney boys High directly behind the stadium car park.
Much quicker to get out... alot

rhys100

I'd like some tips on gettings a parking spot at gosford station.. :D
Most mariners supporters will properly jump on a gosford train, and where are they meant to all park?? It's gonna be one long walk to the train station :(

rhys100

DOH! This is one expensive day :(
$25 ticket
$20 morre pare ticket
$5 bus fare
$140 worth of merch

=$190
= Ouch
=FUN!  :vhappy:

rosko

Ahhhh.. One of the bonuses of working in Sydney! There had to be one! I get to park at work, have one of the on-shift boys drop me at the gate, then stagger back after the game stopping at some 'singing halls' on the way...  :piralaugh: :pirashoot: :piralaugh:

FFC Mariner

Having made the mistake of parking at the SCG at an Ashes test and then waiting 1.5 hours to get out, I have made it a rule to NEVER EVER park at the ground again.

For normal games I will park in S Hills on the street but tomorrow its Gordon for me.

P

Pete

There's the possibility of chaos on the Sydney Harbour Bridge & Tunnel due to the two Cruise ships in Circular Quay & traffic closures, so I'd recommend parking the car north of the harbour - preferably at one of the train stations - and then going into the city and out by train.

From Central there will be a bus service (might have to pay & you can get a return ticket) to get you up the hill to the SFS, quite a number of buses will have wheelchair access if that's an issue.

Check out all the road closures here:

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/newsevents/cruise_ship_visit.html

Timmah

F*cking FFA are F*king knobs. Who schedules ANOTHER major event when there's already three taking place.

The decision to have it at SFS instead of ANZ will long be remembered as a complete and utter farce after tomorrow.

Blackadder

For those not wanting to drive to the City, a suggestion would be go to Hornsby and park there then catch up with the Yellow Army express from there.

Andy

rhys100 said:
DOH! This is one expensive day :(
$25 ticket
$20 morre pare ticket
$5 bus fare
$140 worth of merch

=$190
= Ouch
=FUN!  :vhappy:

Seeing the Mariners thump the jets 3-0 in a GF = Priceless!!

I'll get my coat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred