• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

aloisi peaking

marinermick

got to say that JA was just awesome sunday night

his runs, holding the ball and passing was just sublime

it is a pity that he was so isolated

if we can get the combinations going with him (where tommy and owens come in) we will romp in the rest of the season and JA will get close to golden boot

bold prediction but he was just that good

skilbeck

him, tommy, owens and hutch are a good combination. it might be a stupid idea, but id rather use Aloisi as a lone forward rather than partner him with someone

uncleyellow

Totally agree, he looks alot more comfortable in the squad, and the squad look more comfortable with him. Even with limited support against QLD, he was causing lots of problems. Moore was all over him, scared to let him get too far away...

He is for sure a class above, and against a less experienced backline than QLD  he will be trouble, wether he is with Sasho or Simon...

P

Pete

True, the players are getting used to having Aloisi up front, and he's more aware of where Owens & co. are lurking. And he seems to be working well with Simon.

I'm impressed with the way he communicates to his other players onfield, and the way he offers encouragement and suggestions of where the ball should have gone etc. rather than abusing a player should they not pass the ball where he wanted it, or when a cross goes astray.

uncleyellow

Yes, if he played for another club, it would annoy me that he is such a good guy.
Would be very hard to be Anti Aloisi.
You can tell he has come to aus to play.. not to retire.

northernspirit

funny how sydney fans chant "what a waste of money" then on their forums in discussions about the a-league world cup XI Aloisi reguarly appears up front - ah the hipocracy lol

i have no doubt if he was with us from the start he would easily be the golden boot, he may still end up top goal scorer if we can get enough games in the finals series

Jeff (LouMacari)

marinermick said:
i really like how he always has a smile on his face and seems to enjoy his football
Thats a big one for me too Mick, must be happy to be in the situation he is. Enough to keep him here next season?????

Deej

marinermick said:
i really like how he always has a smile on his face and seems to enjoy his football

I mentioned that to Bek too, makes a nice change.

He is definitely getting better every game and with the players coming back from injury that we have we could see him becoming a regular scorer. 

If we stay injury free and boost our confidence we could see a very different Mariners side coming into the last few weeks.

Rowdy

What impresses me the most about JA is that whenever he is given a 'good ball' (& it doesn't have to be a 'great ball' I might add) he always turns and praises the player who gave it, or similarly made a run that he thought was a worthy one but not necessarily one that ended in 'something' you'll see him with a thumb-up or a little clap ,wave etc.

Sasho on the otherhand get's given 'pearler's' by the legend JA himself, fcuk's them over the byline and then stands there staring at the crowd like he's GOD & was unlucky, majority of the time he gives no recognition to any player that gives him 'something' to work with.

I know which one I'd rather be playing alongside.

skilbeck

One of the main things I like about John is that his presence is a massive motivating factor and I notice that he doesnt put himself above his team mates on or off the field, could you imagine Beckham for instance at LA Galaxy being like him at the mariners probably not

Rowdy

skilbeck said:
One of the main things I like about John is that his presence is a massive motivating factor and I notice that he doesnt put himself above his team mates on or off the field, could you imagine Beckham for instance at LA Galaxy being like him at the mariners probably not

Actually, I could. I don't find Beckham to be a pretentious player, in fact I think he & JA have very similar personality traits.

Mrs Beckham, well that's a different kettle of fish. 

fish

I'm with Rowdy I think Beckham has lifted that team from a very average team to a , um well average team. He is very inclusive when he plays similar to JA I guess it might come from playing at a top level for so long with world class players around you and being appreciative for the efforts of your team mates.

I think JA is just starting to settle and get back his club form of old not necessarily peaking as such.I say that in the hope his peak is unstoppable

uncleyellow

Lets just hope he "peaked" allready, and he blows his knee out or somehting...

Looking at my post above, i said it would be hard to hate him if he played for someone else..

I guess that was a lie!  I dont hate him, but im close, Im actually glad he isnt here, after seeing his dandruff ad...

FFC Mariner

Blows his knee out??

Wrong tense - blown is the word.

And SFC made it worse when Kossie sent his animals after him at Bluetongue.

marconigirl

'Had blown his knee out'.. Past tense...
'Has blown his knee out'... Present tense...
'Blows his knee out'.. Future tense...

You were correct uncleyellow

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred