• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Round 17 v the Drive Bys, sans Rudan

Big Dog

There might be a reason
He may be difficult to work with or have unreasonable wage demands.
Wilson and Paull are also on the outer and that's what the coaches get paid for.
I would have kept Bayliss and McCarthy but we are 2nd after a terrible start so their judgement seems OK to me
I mentioned in another thread that by all reports his attitude is great and he is being very professional despite being clearly on the outer in terms of the matchday squad. You have ot at least give him credit for that as it must be very disillusioning. Similar for Wilson who you have mentioned. I'm hearing he works hard at training and even doing extras to try and get game time. Must also be difficult for him at 22? Signed by Monty, new coach who plays a different system which he needs to adapt to to play and then sees some strong versatile players ahead of him, and still 18mths to go on his contract.
Tough being a footballer sometimes

Tevor

I recall the same happened to us a season or two ago, one of our CB's was going to clear the ball and the opposition player jumped in front of them and contact was made and it was a pen. Same happened in this instance. The telling fact was WSW didn't carry on heaps and the VAR who wouldn't have done us any favours also didn't question it. So it has happened to us and it's one of those situations that happen and you have to cop it. I thought Ronnie did a great job of getting himself in front of Cleur.

Faz was lucky in that the Ref's have coped a bullocking about Red Cards lately, I'll call it Orange and if he got a straight red you couldn't argue. I liked how they were trying to bait him so much in the second half trying to get his second but he didn't let them get to him. They were stupidly more focused on that than trying to win the game for a 10 minute period. Brook was lucky to stay on the park and I loved when Theo crunched him good and hopefully corked his thigh. Also liked Brandtman giving Sculina a good kick as well.

Last edited:

Corsair

He has shown nothing apart from 2 goals against the Stallions and even in that game he was constantly offside. I expected alot more but i always felt he was overated tbh.

Di Piz and Brandtman have bright futures. Kuol and Reec fight and press aggressively.....DWH does not.
He's in an even worse situation now, Edmo can make better runs, finish better and is well ahead physically.

DWH has speed but not much on Kuol or Reec.

Still banking cheques and looks like he gets along well with the squaddies in the stands.

Basically we're overloaded with Strikers.

Quirky

Thoroughly enjoyed yesterday's game.

- Decent if not amazing showing by Di Piz and Brandtman - more to come I think
- Maxy was outstanding - as was Kaltak and Storm
- One game, two Faz flops - nice
- Kuol murdering Marcelo when he came on was a thing to behold... pure, filthball that was
- 100% penalty - Ronny looked lively when he came on
- 100% red for Faz - needs to stop that

And I'm nearly always right.

turbo

On the penalty. Very telling that no defenders protested.
100% pen all day in any game.
Mind you, the Faz tackle was a red so there you go.
I thought it was a little further down the foot (bit less ankle) live and via the big screen which is usually a yellow. Upon watching the replay that could have gone another way and we wouldnt have anything to complain about..

Penalty the right call though. Not a lot the defender can do differently but that doesnt matter. Good hunger and positioning, there's a lay off to Di Pizio for an easy chance available if he isnt fouled.

Hello Sailor

It looked to me like Barcellos got in front of the defender and placed his foot between the defender and the ball.

The defender then kicks Barcellos in the back of the leg and he falls down with the contact, Penalty any day of the week and if it had been given against us I wouldn't bat an eyelid...
No, It looks like Barcellos tackled him from behind. Barcellos got a leg in front, didnt get the ball and tripped the defender. Barcellos trip one pdf_compressed_page-0001.jpg

Attachments

• Barcellos trip pdf_compressed_page-0001.jpg
    Barcellos trip pdf_compressed_page-0001.jpg
    551.3 KB · Views: 21

Ironbark

It looked to me like Barcellos got in front of the defender and placed his foot between the defender and the ball.

The defender then kicks Barcellos in the back of the leg and he falls down with the contact, Penalty any day of the week and if it had been given against us I wouldn't bat an eyelid...
Saw it this way too. I thought it was a lucky pen until the replay - clear pen. Not to say the defender did anything truly wrong, he just didn't see Barcellos coming and got unlucky. But Barcellos got in front of the ball and had possession, the defender went through his leg. Unlucky pen for them but still fair.

dlanod

No, It looks like Barcellos tackled him from behind. Barcellos got a leg in front, didnt get the ball and tripped the defender. View attachment 3109
The live replay shows Barcellos wrapping his leg around the defender and getting a toe on the ball before the defender's leg comes into the back of his. It looked a bit ridiculous but the last touch was definitely Barcellos.

dlanod

The live replay shows Barcellos wrapping his leg around the defender and getting a toe on the ball before the defender's leg comes into the back of his. It looked a bit ridiculous but the last touch was definitely Barcellos.

2:13 shows a likely Barcellos touch, but 2:17 shows it completely clearly - Barcellos gets his foot in front and plays the ball while the defender plays at where the ball was and only gets Barcellos' foot as a result of Barcellos' touch.

Melange

A few of my favourite moments...
- Kaltak playing out to Kaltak
- Alou embarrassing Marcelo on more than one occasion
- Scicluna getting away with a blatant deliberate elbow to Brillante (there is a stigma! He should have seen red!)
- A couple of beautiful nutmegs by Brandtman
- winning without Angel

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred