• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM R16 vs ? shagger velcro gloves and wellies brigade

Big Al

Wide right is the last issue with the squad. Theo is way to narrow (i would say by design). Would be nice not to have to rely on Doka whose crosses corners and free kicks are not quite good enough

Ancient Mariner

I liked some of Edmo's runs. The team needs to learn to see them. I think that will come with time. Edmo needs a creative #10 (maybe Miggsy). It will take a little time for him to fit into the team and get used to this league. I see a bright future there.
I was impressed with Miggzy's run and would like to see more. I think if he does not play as our #10 he will soon have the rw spot. He is good.
I do want to see more of Ronald. He looks as though he could be an excitement machine.
We will always struggle against a team that can effectively close down our attacking space and channels. Wellington did that effectively.
Doka was forced to pass back often, as did Torres when he did not run into walls that did not collapse and Theo tried but regularly lost the ball.
A lot of other coaches (who haven't worked out how to play us) will learn from today's game. It is now up to Jacko to introduce some way through the parked buses I expect we will see in increasing numbers. Maybe wingers and fullbacks playing wide overlapping and taking it to the line and crossing or cutting back to big strikers, when the game calls for it.

true believer

I liked some of Edmo's runs. The team needs to learn to see them. I think that will come with time. Edmo needs a creative #10 (maybe Miggsy). It will take a little time for him to fit into the team and get used to this league. I see a bright future there.
I was impressed with Miggzy's run and would like to see more. I think if he does not play as our #10 he will soon have the rw spot. He is good.
I do want to see more of Ronald. He looks as though he could be an excitement machine.
We will always struggle against a team that can effectively close down our attacking space and channels. Wellington did that effectively.
Doka was forced to pass back often, as did Torres when he did not run into walls that did not collapse and Theo tried but regularly lost the ball.
A lot of other coaches (who haven't worked out how to play us) will learn from today's game. It is now up to Jacko to introduce some way through the parked buses I expect we will see in increasing numbers. Maybe wingers and fullbacks playing wide overlapping and taking it to the line and crossing or cutting back to big strikers, when the game calls for it.
the creative 10 is the ducks nuts

Michael

Totally agree
Eddy needs to be the focal point with a 10 behind him. We don’t play hoofball enough for him to be effective in a 2 man strike. He’ll show his worth soon enough, he wouldn’t have had a full 7 days training with the boys yet, he’s been thrown straight in to acclimatise quicker. He looks an intelligent player. Maybe miggs in the 10 until Tappy is back and then Niz in the 10. We also need to start hitting early crosses for Eddy to attack, adds a whole new dynamic to our attack.

Michael

I don’t want to comment on the performance too much (not that it was bad by any stretch) but given the tiny turn around and heavy legs that was a gritty away point that I’m happy to take. Definitely did enough to pinch it. But you could tell all the boys were on heavy legs, some more than others but it was a good solid dig deep performance. We flog them with fresh legs imo.

Wombat

I don’t want to comment on the performance too much (not that it was bad by any stretch) but given the tiny turn around and heavy legs that was a gritty away point that I’m happy to take. Definitely did enough to pinch it. But you could tell all the boys were on heavy legs, some more than others but it was a good solid dig deep performance. We flog them with fresh legs imo.
I don't think anyone is floggin Wellington this year. Super aggressive and very well organised.

Hello Sailor

Good result but I f**king hate watching games like that.
Agreed. I guess the heat was a factor being played in the daytime because the pace was slow for large parts. I think Nix were better on the counter, their defence was very compact, they didn't give away possession by passing to the opposition like we did, their midfield [for most part] didn't have holes like we did, and their guy [Ball?] up against Theo blew him into the weeds with his pace.
Very tough opponents and a fair result

Last edited:

turbo

A tired performance by our standards and a quick turnaround robbed the league of what could have been an absolute cracker of a game. I’d back us to break their press a bit more on a normal week of recovery, also back them to be a bit more dynamic too. Still it’s a point and not a loss. We seem to be through it in 1 piece and without suspensions.

Not using our subs a bit earlier was less than ideal but I’m sure MJ has his reasons.

Meerkat

Just watched the replay and we played a lot better than I was expecting, given the scoreline, fatigue etc.

Our attack was suffocated and we were definitely below what we could have been, however I’m satisfied we still gave it all we were capable of giving.

Pretty proud of that effort and Maxy came close(ish) to scoring us a winner.

Very happy though with a point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred