• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM R14 v Brisbane Cant

Michael

If Doka struggles first half or runs out of gas as he’s abit prone to doing, Hally can slot in there and Paull into CB and the backline would then be defensively stable enough.
I’m expecting a good win, hopefully see what barcellos has to offer too.

turbo

This is FA not APL.
Tribunal would sit once a week like any other association.
He will do 2 games you watch
Where there is an appeal with a reasonable chance to rescind they absolutely should reconvene. My feeling is they'll drop him down to 1 match that he will serve tonight. The bar to get it completely rescinded is 'issue a Direct Player Red Card to a Player when no card was warranted' we haven't got an argument that storm could not have received a yellow for his involvement. We do have an argument that the red and 3 matches was excessive which we can look to reduce.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Where there is an appeal with a reasonable chance to rescind they absolutely should reconvene. My feeling is they'll drop him down to 1 match that he will serve tonight. The bar to get it completely rescinded is 'issue a Direct Player Red Card to a Player when no card was warranted' we haven't got an argument that storm could not have received a yellow for his involvement. We do have an argument that the red and 3 matches was excessive which we can look to reduce.
Yeah, but there have been some red cards overturned where I think that line is certainly very questionable.

I would say that the only reason we'd be able to say there's no argument at all for a red is if we made the argument that storm didn't pull him down, but that they just happened to fall. There's a lot in the video we can't really see - it looks to me like he pulls him down with an arm high over the shoulder (but not a hand on the throat - though that's disputable).

Pulling somebody to ground in a confrontation certainly opens one up to a red card - that there should have been other reds given isn't a consideration.

Surely anything more than 1 week is a farce.

It is a problem, because having a player out for 1 vs 3 weeks could potentially affect our squad decisions, but oh well.

As for tonight - we should take this one, but I wouldn't necessarily say I was confident. Coming off a few big clashes against a team that, on paper, should be an 'easy win' - well, that's just prime for us to play less than peak. All too often we've played well against top teams - even through our dark years - and poorly against the lower teams.

We should win this - but anything can happen in 90 minutes.

Ironbark

Yeah, but there have been some red cards overturned where I think that line is certainly very questionable.

I would say that the only reason we'd be able to say there's no argument at all for a red is if we made the argument that storm didn't pull him down, but that they just happened to fall. There's a lot in the video we can't really see - it looks to me like he pulls him down with an arm high over the shoulder (but not a hand on the throat - though that's disputable).

Pulling somebody to ground in a confrontation certainly opens one up to a red card - that there should have been other reds given isn't a consideration.

Surely anything more than 1 week is a farce.

It is a problem, because having a player out for 1 vs 3 weeks could potentially affect our squad decisions, but oh well.

As for tonight - we should take this one, but I wouldn't necessarily say I was confident. Coming off a few big clashes against a team that, on paper, should be an 'easy win' - well, that's just prime for us to play less than peak. All too often we've played well against top teams - even through our dark years - and poorly against the lower teams.

We should win this - but anything can happen in 90 minutes.
Completely agree about the game. MJ seems the switched on type though and I'm hoping he's had this same conversation with the team

Josho Howe

I understand some may have that slip up feeling but l think this should be a good win at home in front of a big crowd hopefully. They've conceded 33 goals already which makes them really vulnerable defensively. Use our pace against an out of form backline (especially Aldred who has been terrible) and there will be reward.

Also, O'Shea is a massive loss for them. Gives us a big leg up to dominate in the middle of the park.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred