• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Mariners vs Nix

Michael

I feel a lot of the hate directed his way is unfairly maligned tbh.
Kid is a 2-3 year project - and he is just a kid. Hasn’t single-handedly cost us anything, but has been hung out to dry as a scapegoat - case in point, not even involved today and yet!
Kid did well enough for us against vuck away, and Macarthur away when he came on the other week!
Is he ready? Shit no. Will he get there? Absolutely.
Very well said! Totally agree.
Another scenario where some have inflated expectations after Nectar.
If any comparison should be made, perhaps it should be with Kye. Or none at all.

Big Al

Can the clowns that wrote him off put their hands up please. :) It was most of you from memory lol.
🤡 🤚🏻 pretty sure they threatened him with paying for the damages to the score board if he kept shooting like he was.

He is temperamental like a loose cord in a phone charger.

He always defended hard and had flair but goals no way. He was more likely to hit the drifters roof than back of the net.

How he turned it around I don’t know but it’s been fantastic to watch and without him we would be fighting for the 6

Archie

One of my favourite nights at Gosford in a long time, just under 10k crowd with an electric atmosphere all throughout the game. Never seen such limbs at our ground in a long time like the ones from every Mariners fan in that moment when Doka scored, plus the chorus of "we are champions" being belted out by members all over. 2-1 is a huge understatement to our boys as we could've easily had 3 or 4 but credit to wellington as they were organised with their defence dropping to a back 5 whenever we had possesion. Still despite the Nix finding a pretty good goal back the boys believed and fought their way back for a deserved match winner and continued the pressure on them all the way till the fulltime whistle despite having the lead. The Sydney and City games were a wake up call for us and they sure responded, easily one of, if not our best perfomances of this season imo. Premiers Plate is in our hands now and we just gotta continue and win 3 games that we should be winning. COYY

pjennings

Very well said! Totally agree.
Another scenario where some have inflated expectations after Nectar.
If any comparison should be made, perhaps it should be with Kye. Or none at all.
I don't think the comparison to Kye is right. I see a guy that has lost confidence and is questioning himself and his managers belief in him. Kye was stronger personality.

Danny and Matty both made mistakes as youngsters but didn't question their own ability.

Is this terminal - no. But it will require a lot of work and a lot of patience.

Will the club and the manager have that?

Last edited:

Huddo

I don't think the comparison to Kye is right. I see a guy that has lost confidence and is questioning himself and his managers belief in him. Kye was stronger personality.

Danny and Matty both made mistakes as youngsters but didn't question their own ability.

Is this terminal - no. But it will require a lot of work and a lot of patience.

Will the club and the manager have that?

Kye went 28 games straight in the league without a win. If that doesn't get you questioning your ability nothing will.

Last edited:

style_cafe

I feel a lot of the hate directed his way is unfairly maligned tbh.
Kid is a 2-3 year project - and he is just a kid. Hasn’t single-handedly cost us anything, but has been hung out to dry as a scapegoat - case in point, not even involved today and yet!
Kid did well enough for us against vuck away, and Macarthur away when he came on the other week!
Is he ready? Shit no. Will he get there? Absolutely.

Do I miss Cammy Windust? Look… yes 😢
Sainsbury got a pasting when he first came into the side too … he turned out ok

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred