• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Mariners vs Nix

pjennings

With our usual recycling DWH may well go up the pecking order after the season end. Always seemed an angry young man when I saw him with Brisbane. However, in person, he is completely different. I hope he gets a decent run to prove his worth at some stage.

Tevor

or cant get a better offer elsewhere and is content to soak up a wage
That is what I think, I have no doubt he looked around in the window however for this league the Jan window was very quiet in my opinion. Clubs reining in the spending a bit I assume as the APL $$$ were down on previous years. Is his contract up at the end of the season or is there another year?

Stuartmcateer

We literally just fell asleep.
They did nothing different at all, we just switched off.
Watching it again this is so true.

When Kosta gets the ball on halfway in behind tapp (after he misses the tackle on Payne), Faz is high and inside and way out of position and not remotely near van hattum.
Kaltak gets sucked out to the ball.

It looks like doka passes old onto hall as he makes a sprint to get in front but then slows down just before the cross - loses him for a second. Bit of a poor communication between the two of them.

It's not really on anyone but it's on everyone. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Big Dog

or cant get a better offer elsewhere and is content to soak up a wage
I have no issues with this.

He signed in good faith. As long as he is being professional and training hard and meeting all his community obligations he is entitled to the wage. It's not his choice that he isn't playing.

I'm going to defend the guy. To suggest he is just sitting around and soaking up a wage is a pretty poor accusation imo.
Agree with Stuart here. He was signed under Monty and has no control over who the Coach wants to play. I get to watch trainings now and then and have spoken to a number of the Coaching staff during that time. Regarding DWH they have all remarked how they can't fault his professionalism. They've commend his attitude and his example to the younger players of how to conduct yourself when things aren't going your way.
He has another 12mths on his contract I believe.

FFC Mariner

I'm going to defend the guy. To suggest he is just sitting around and soaking up a wage is a pretty poor accusation imo.
Agree with Stuart here. He was signed under Monty and has no control over who the Coach wants to play. I get to watch trainings now and then and have spoken to a number of the Coaching staff during that time. Regarding DWH they have all remarked how they can't fault his professionalism. They've commend his attitude and his example to the younger players of how to conduct yourself when things aren't going your way.
He has another 12mths on his contract I believe.
No one is even remotely suggesting that he is sitting around bludging. Just that he may prefer to not play and get a better wage than on offer elsewhere.
For example, he walks into the Jets 1st team but I doubt they would pay very well.

Reactions: adz

Stuartmcateer

For example, he walks into the Jets 1st team but I doubt they would pay very well.
I'm not sure he does walk into other teams.

I can't think of a single striker that you would say yep he is an absolute moral to replace (although I would love to see him with some of the chances in front of goal that Jing has had).

Not to say he is a bad player, just that the systems most teams are playing now don't really suit his strengths.

pjennings

I'm not sure he does walk into other teams.

I can't think of a single striker that you would say yep he is an absolute moral to replace (although I would love to see him with some of the chances in front of goal that Jing has had).

Not to say he is a bad player, just that the systems most teams are playing now don't really suit his strengths.
I'd love to see him teamed with Edmondson. Hopefully we get a big away win in the next away AFC cup gain and we can try that at home. Ryan seems to be able to hold up play and that would suit DWH well you would think.

Stuartmcateer

I'd love to see him teamed with Edmondson. Hopefully we get a big away win in the next away AFC cup gain and we can try that at home. Ryan seems to be able to hold up play and that would suit DWH well you would think.
Agree he is suited to a big man little man combo.

Just there aren't many teams that run little and large anymore.

I get the feeling monty saw him in a cumdog type role, dropping into the hole in rotation with Tulio or making little runs off the shoulder of the defender (which he did a little in the early AFC games but was offside a lot).

Big Dog

He moved his life and partner to another state to play for the Mariners... as did Will Wilson. Things changed and that's football, but both still have 12mths on their contract and ambitions to play A-league football. It's not as simple as "well I'll just walk into another club" or even do what some seem to be the honourable thing and cancel your contract and go and play NPL so you're not soaking up a wage. No one was making noises about Dan Hall soaking up a wage last season when he was in exactly the same position, but he stayed, trained hard and waited for his opportunity.
Not all A-league clubs will release players either. Maxim was told he could look for another club but chose to stay and fight for a place, others aren't given the same option. When Monty went after Wilson, Victory refused to release him even after telling him he wasn't going to get game time. It became a bun fight in the background for them to change their position.

I don't believe any player prefers not to play so they can take a wage... not at the Mariners anyway.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred