• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM/ALW R12 "Unite Round" - 12-14 January

Huddo

I'm happy to take the draw after that performance.

The one main issues was transition - we were way to slow on the transition, and when we did move we were being fouled. We need a little urgency in the back line, MV/Popa are defence centric, so we needed to be alot more deliberate though the mid (or over it).

Because of our lack of deliberate movement forward or through them deliberately slowing the play, Popa flooded MV's defence, because he did we struggled to make runs in to the box.

Big Al

Two clubs playing well but both sort of neutralised each other through excellent defense. Was only going to be a few chances.

Great pass from Balard and great run and finish Jing.

Took Balard a bit to get going but he plays better as a duo with Niz than he does in the 3 man midfield

I think DWH could be good with his off the shoulder runs with Niz higher when we have the cattle.

FFC Mariner

I thought a draw was a good result given we played with NPL players like Wilson and DWH plus Theo and Torres were awful.
Absolutely honking.
Wilson gave us 100% you can't ask for more, he just isn't at this level.
Dumb challenge by Dan. Could a younger Danny have got down in time? Not a keeper so not for me to say.
Faz and Storm were outstanding. Niz very quiet for him.
Reec took his goal well which he failed to do against Wanderers. Go figure
The new striker cant get here fast enough
Bad day at the office and we didn't lose
Take that.

Big Al

Pete and commented that he actually set himself before before the dive and this made him slow to get down.

Funny enough this was a technique error rather than age and something you would not expect from a keeper as experienced as him.
Arzani did a little stutter (not as big as Tulio) but a little slow motion skip that made him hold because he watches the ball to see where it’s going. Was a good penalty based on what Tulio has been doing.

Stuartmcateer

Pete and commented that he actually set himself before before the dive and this made him slow to get down.

Funny enough this was a technique error rather than age and something you would not expect from a keeper as experienced as him.
Yep. Sets and then does the little 2 foot jump forward before diving.

marinermick

Arzani did a little stutter (not as big as Tulio) but a little slow motion skip that made him hold because he watches the ball to see where it’s going. Was a good penalty based on what Tulio has been doing.

Jane to be nimble and light footed in this situation not set yourself

Corsair

Two clubs playing well but both sort of neutralised each other through excellent defense. Was only going to be a few chances.

Great pass from Balard and great run and finish Jing.

Took Balard a bit to get going but he plays better as a duo with Niz than he does in the 3 man midfield

I think DWH could be good with his off the shoulder runs with Niz higher when we have the cattle.
What he does bring is much more predictable movement, but that results in him being marked out of games.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Really good result.

Even being down on players, I wouldn't say they were the better team on most of the field. However, I felt that their attack always just looked more dangerous, although Danny was only really tested on that one shot sailing past the corner. It took them a PK to draw, while we scored in open play.

Definitely missed Tulio, and I think our attack is missing that X factor at the moment. Victory were happy to sit back and let us come at them. Sometimes I was frustrated by a lack of off-the-ball movement, players standing still being marked. Wilson....god, that shot he took from the arc that went straight to the keeper...just....why?

Against a compressed defence from a well performing team, when you get chances they'll often only be split second chances. Something I felt was an issue for us this game is that we weren't prepared or willing to take those split second chances. Every time somebody had a moment of space and a brief angle in the box, they had to waste time taking 2-3 touches to control it, or putting it onto their right foot. I would have liked to have seen more risk-taking in attack (and no, not Wilson's edge-of-the-box shot, that's not risk taking).

Farrell gave it everything. A really good outcome and the team is gelling well together, so really happy with how tonight went. There's definitely room for improvement and a thin roster is certainly challenging.

But, on the plus side - our first game without our key striker, and we not only drew, but drew against the top team. Not only that, but they couldn't score in open play whereas we did. After losing our key striker.

That's very positive. MV should have buried us, but they stuck defensive while we pressed the attack. Not sure that was really the right play for them - I think they were just counting on too much individual brilliance up front.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred