• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM/ALW R12 "Unite Round" - 12-14 January

Allreet?

I normally agree with you but you have a soft spot for Arzani - who is undoubtedly talented - but he wasn't that good and definitely not MoM imo. Faz had him wrapped up, Arzani fouled him 6 or 7 times and should have been yellow carded. He scored his pen but otherwise didn't create or achieve much.
Honestly, watch the game again. Many of the quality moments were Arzani - who went walkabout a few times to avoid Fazz. His dead balls (mostly) were lethal - unlike Goodwin's last night.

I wouldn't normally play the P+ card, but they agreed with me. Arzani was excellent last night once the yellow tinted glasses are removed.

pjennings

Honestly, watch the game again. Many of the quality moments were Arzani - who went walkabout a few times to avoid Fazz. His dead balls (mostly) were lethal - unlike Goodwin's last night.

I wouldn't normally play the P+ card, but they agreed with me. Arzani was excellent last night once the yellow tinted glasses are removed.
He played well - but Faz owned him. But his constant fouling would get him in trouble with AFC ref's.

Big Al

Harsh comparison. There is a great player in there. I truly believe he was always excelled and done exactly as he wanted in the juniors.....the sort of player that dribbles past half the team while scoring his 5th goal of the game. Just needs to be deconstructed a tad.

Also, while not a fan of Wilson, he actually went a bit better today imho.
I think Jacko is mid deconstruction. Can see Theo trying not to do his usual tricks and it’s affecting his game but better for the team. Also playing on the right really exposed his inability with his right foot. Needs to at least be able to control a dribble on it.

Has skill and will be interesting to see if Jacko fixes him or just confuses him.

Either way we desperately need a proper right winger

Ads

Perth has had many high scoring thrillers lately.

If they fix defence or defending from front a bit they would making some progress

Ozhammer

I have held back so far commenting on Wilson this season. With the number of chances he has been given I figured those in the know could see more in him than I could. He is enthusiastic, but seems to have no awareness of the play around him and an inability to put in an effective pass. Maybe in the future with some time with the Academy, but at the moment I do not consider him a bench player. It is almost as if the game at this level is just that bit to quick for him. I would have like to see Di Pizio get a run as #10 last night. Maybe next time.
I am still not convinced by Theo he just does not seem to get his head up and look for support, jars the flowing attack. Having said that Torres did not have much success running at better players as he has had in the past.
Good to get a draw against the table leaders with a very disrupted lineup.

3 points - Fazz
2 points - Brian
1 point shared by Nizz and Storm.
In fairness he hasn’t been the same since he switched to corn rows, maybe he should go back to having a mighty boosh? :headbounce:

Last edited:

Corsair

Well-

Stayed back for the second game because my mate (who got the tickets) and his missus are SFC fans. My other mate (who I'll call Homer, because he's like Homer Simpson if Homer didn't have a wife + 3 kids and rented a place in Chatswood) had his old Mariners jersey on and wanted to stand in the Cove for the second game. Got kicked out of the Cove by secco's because he didn't have a Cove ticket and "they didn't want people starting trouble because he's got that jersey on". This despite the fact absolutely nobody in the Cove had or the surrounding bays had a problem with Homer up until then. So Homer moves across to sit in the first seat of the next row across from the Cove. I had a casual t-shirt on and my CCM Champions cap so got away with remaining in the Cove until later, when one of the secco's bothered to look at my cap then check my ticket and so I also had to vacate the bay...

Wandered up to the Adelaide bay and could've stayed there the rest of the game, no security making a fuss about anything and saw some of our Yellow Army regulars there also. Headed back down to the Cove end where my mates were with just under 10 minutes to go, when I got back Homer had snuck across into the Cove bay again and was getting his second warning from two of the secco's. We'd had a few drinks by this stage and Homer was indignant about being hassled when there were literally 2 minutes left of the game, but I managed to defuse the situation and lead him away, up to the bar at the back for a late drink. Missed the final SFC goal as a result and still haven't seen it.

Kicked on post-match and lost my SFC mate and his missus in the crowd somewhere along Foveux St. Ended up following Homer into some Mexican-themed bar where he got us top-up pints and went straight over to a table where there were three older blokes. When Homer drinks he gets quite loud, and I could tell one of the blokes was getting bored as Homer yakked on about the A-League/ football in general. The guys left after they finished their drinks (surprise surprise) and it was getting late + Homer wanted to kick on elsewhere...

I could've got into a couple of nearby bars, but the bouncers took one look at Homer and he was no chance. He said we could get in at his local back in Chatswood because they all know him there. Got the train to Wynyard then had to change for the bus to North Sydney because of weekend track work. Homer got on the bus ranting loudly about how pissed off he was with the track work disruption, using the kind of language that'd pass in the active bay but would draw plenty of disdainful looks/ comments if they were uttered in the family section. I was seriously worried he'd get us kicked off the bus but I managed to calm him down and away we went to North Sydney...

Hopping off the bus at North Sydney station, Homer sees an establishment open and wants to go in for a drink. He would've gotten away with it too, if (after going up the stairs) he hadn't turned around and made this comment to the bouncer about coming up and playing a round of pool with us. The bouncer called him back and then it was all over. If Homer could've just kept his mouth shut the 10 seconds it took to walk up the stairs and out of sight, we'd have been fine. Anyway...

We hop on the train to Chatswood after all, arrive there and lo and behold get in fine at Homer's local watering hole. While sitting out front with our beers, these teenage punks vandalise an information board just over in the pedestrian mall, taking turns to kick it down and bash it with one of those fluro pedestrian bollards. Homer starts going off at them and I shush him while recording the whole thing, telling him we'll go to the Police when we leave here. It gets to closing time and Homer's making conversation with one of the bartenders, the manager is closing up the till and basically tells Homer "go home, you're drunk". We leave the venue, walk down the pedestrian mall and by this stage Homer is weaving like Nigel Mansell after his blowout in Adelaide, but in slow motion. He was going to lead us to the Police station but I ended up having to find it on my phone because he took us down a dead end. Got into the station, Homer sat down while I showed the officer on night duty my footage, he said the railway station staff would have footage on their CCTV so he could notify them.

Had to drag Homer out of the station because he was taking his time drunkenly babbling on to the officer and I was low-key concerned he'd get us put in the lock-up for the night! Thankfully was only a short walk from there back to Homer's place, he sat down on the grass of his front lawn then lay back, slurring incoherently about something or other. Had to pull him up to his feet, at which point he started yelling "CCMFC!" at the top of his lungs, and by now we're into the a.m. I managed to shush him again and (at last) get him inside the house, where I immediately retired to the couch in the living room and slumbered until opening my eyes this morning to see it was 11:30 already! So glad I had the obligatory two glasses of water before I went to bed, felt a bit dusty (because my consumption wasn't far off Homer's, even if I managed to resemble a normal person the whole time) but otherwise alright.

Got the train back to North Sydney from Chatswood. Walked over the bridge because I figured some fresh air and exercise was just what I needed. Hopped on the light rail near Wynyard, late lunch at Broadway KFC waiting for the next train from Central and literally got home less than an hour ago.

As a random girl on the bus last night said to me, I am a good friend.

And (in the words of a well-known long time member of our active support): I am never drinking again.
D'oh!

Allreet?

Well-

Stayed back for the second game because my mate (who got the tickets) and his missus are SFC fans. My other mate (who I'll call Homer, because he's like Homer Simpson if Homer didn't have a wife + 3 kids and rented a place in Chatswood) had his old Mariners jersey on and wanted to stand in the Cove for the second game. Got kicked out of the Cove by secco's because he didn't have a Cove ticket and "they didn't want people starting trouble because he's got that jersey on". This despite the fact absolutely nobody in the Cove had or the surrounding bays had a problem with Homer up until then. So Homer moves across to sit in the first seat of the next row across from the Cove. I had a casual t-shirt on and my CCM Champions cap so got away with remaining in the Cove until later, when one of the secco's bothered to look at my cap then check my ticket and so I also had to vacate the bay...

Wandered up to the Adelaide bay and could've stayed there the rest of the game, no security making a fuss about anything and saw some of our Yellow Army regulars there also. Headed back down to the Cove end where my mates were with just under 10 minutes to go, when I got back Homer had snuck across into the Cove bay again and was getting his second warning from two of the secco's. We'd had a few drinks by this stage and Homer was indignant about being hassled when there were literally 2 minutes left of the game, but I managed to defuse the situation and lead him away, up to the bar at the back for a late drink. Missed the final SFC goal as a result and still haven't seen it.

Kicked on post-match and lost my SFC mate and his missus in the crowd somewhere along Foveux St. Ended up following Homer into some Mexican-themed bar where he got us top-up pints and went straight over to a table where there were three older blokes. When Homer drinks he gets quite loud, and I could tell one of the blokes was getting bored as Homer yakked on about the A-League/ football in general. The guys left after they finished their drinks (surprise surprise) and it was getting late + Homer wanted to kick on elsewhere...

I could've got into a couple of nearby bars, but the bouncers took one look at Homer and he was no chance. He said we could get in at his local back in Chatswood because they all know him there. Got the train to Wynyard then had to change for the bus to North Sydney because of weekend track work. Homer got on the bus ranting loudly about how pissed off he was with the track work disruption, using the kind of language that'd pass in the active bay but would draw plenty of disdainful looks/ comments if they were uttered in the family section. I was seriously worried he'd get us kicked off the bus but I managed to calm him down and away we went to North Sydney...

Hopping off the bus at North Sydney station, Homer sees an establishment open and wants to go in for a drink. He would've gotten away with it too, if (after going up the stairs) he hadn't turned around and made this comment to the bouncer about coming up and playing a round of pool with us. The bouncer called him back and then it was all over. If Homer could've just kept his mouth shut the 10 seconds it took to walk up the stairs and out of sight, we'd have been fine. Anyway...

We hop on the train to Chatswood after all, arrive there and lo and behold get in fine at Homer's local watering hole. While sitting out front with our beers, these teenage punks vandalise an information board just over in the pedestrian mall, taking turns to kick it down and bash it with one of those fluro pedestrian bollards. Homer starts going off at them and I shush him while recording the whole thing, telling him we'll go to the Police when we leave here. It gets to closing time and Homer's making conversation with one of the bartenders, the manager is closing up the till and basically tells Homer "go home, you're drunk". We leave the venue, walk down the pedestrian mall and by this stage Homer is weaving like Nigel Mansell after his blowout in Adelaide, but in slow motion. He was going to lead us to the Police station but I ended up having to find it on my phone because he took us down a dead end. Got into the station, Homer sat down while I showed the officer on night duty my footage, he said the railway station staff would have footage on their CCTV so he could notify them.

Had to drag Homer out of the station because he was taking his time drunkenly babbling on to the officer and I was low-key concerned he'd get us put in the lock-up for the night! Thankfully was only a short walk from there back to Homer's place, he sat down on the grass of his front lawn then lay back, slurring incoherently about something or other. Had to pull him up to his feet, at which point he started yelling "CCMFC!" at the top of his lungs, and by now we're into the a.m. I managed to shush him again and (at last) get him inside the house, where I immediately retired to the couch in the living room and slumbered until opening my eyes this morning to see it was 11:30 already! So glad I had the obligatory two glasses of water before I went to bed, felt a bit dusty (because my consumption wasn't far off Homer's, even if I managed to resemble a normal person the whole time) but otherwise alright.

Got the train back to North Sydney from Chatswood. Walked over the bridge because I figured some fresh air and exercise was just what I needed. Hopped on the light rail near Wynyard, late lunch at Broadway KFC waiting for the next train from Central and literally got home less than an hour ago.

As a random girl on the bus last night said to me, I am a good friend.

And (in the words of a well-known long time member of our active support): I am never drinking again.
Hey! I write the novels round here. Stay off my corner!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred