• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

All time favourite Mariner

style_cafe

As the off season slowly grinds along I thought it might be interesting to ask members who their all time favourite Mariner`s player is & why?

For mine it would have to be Dutchy.
As a player he put the steel in our defence.
He had so many positives:- strong , fearless, uncomprimising just to name a few.
I also liked the way he mentored the younger players too.
Guys like Wilko, Sainsbury & Rosey were immense with Patrick alongside them.
It was a sad day when he retired.

Wombat

As the off season slowly grinds along I thought it might be interesting to ask members who their all time favourite Mariner`s player is & why?

For mine it would have to be Dutchy.
As a player he put the steel in our defence.
He had so many positives:- strong , fearless, uncomprimising just to name a few.
I also liked the way he mentored the younger players too.
Guys like Wilko, Sainsbury & Rosey were immense with Patrick alongside them.
It was a sad day when he retired.

Could score better than our strikers as well.

JoyfulPenguin

I'm a fairly new Mariner so you will have to forgive me, a tie between Jacob
Poscoliero and Alistair Bray for me. Poscoliero because he bleeds for the club and works his arse off and Bray for the Heart connection :p (he also signed my jumper and had a chat when he was Heart's NYL goalkeeper). My girlfriend loves Roy O'Donovan for elbowing Manny Muscat in the head!

dibo

I think all of our captains have made contributions - they've all been captain (or co-captain) for a reason: Spencer, Wilko, Hutch, Patrick, Monty.

Of those, I think I'd lean on Hutch.

He's a bloke who's played almost everywhere for us, he did his knee while filling in at striker for us, he came back and fought for his position again, and wound up settling at DM. In that time, he turned down an offer at Sydney for more money.

When we signed Rostyn and Arnie wanted to flush him, he chose to come back and fight for his spot, and he's unquestionably been the core of the squad's culture.

He's not the best player in that list, he's certainly not the best player who's ever pulled on the shirt. But the club's service award is named after him for a reason.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
lets see...Shane Huke, Nicky Travis and Malik Mane...KIDDING!!!.......in reality Dutchy, Gumps, Matty Ryan with Stuey Petrie and Tommy Ponders....hmm, not many of the modern era is there?

Rowdy

Alex Wilkinson for Mrs Rowdy.

But too many great players for mine to narrow down just the one, which I think is pretty darn awesome for a little Yellow Club.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred