• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Alcohol Sponsorship

P

Pete

Greenpoleffc said:
Simply more Rudd spin taken from the Blair/Iemma playbook.

Economy collapsing, Swan completely unable to cope and what do we get??

AFL and NRL players to be role models about anti drinking.

Even the NRL spruikers on 2UE dismissed it as a mere stunt.

Do you not think there's a problem with binge drinking and heavy intoxication amongst younger people, particularly on the weekends? Is that a political stunt too?

FFC Mariner

Spud said:
Greenpoleffc said:

Do you not think there's a problem with binge drinking and heavy intoxication amongst younger people, particularly on the weekends? Is that a political stunt too?

Obviously.

If they want to tackle it, how about fining drunks under 18 a minimum of $1,000 a time?? How about banning grog advertising?? How about cracking down on the bottlo at Lisarow plaza that happily sells to 15yo's?? How about banning sweet drinks that are purely designed to introduce kids to drink?? etc etc........

How about funding a class action on behalf of people with alcohol related deseases on the grounds that the grog company had a duty of care (clearly) and they breached it by not placing sufficient warnings on their packaging??

Cant piss off the grog lobby though can he??

P

Pete

1) If you have info about a Bottlo selling to underage - tell the cops. If you won't report the matter or don't have the first hand witness experience to back it up so the police will listen, why slur a business place in the community on a forum?

2) There's already action police can take against underage folks who are obviously intoxicated. But it's mostly duty of care stuff to make sure they get home in one piece. Also hard to enforce a $1000 fine on someone who is below the legal age.

3) There are restrictions in place for alcohol advertising. And a lot of do's and don'ts as to content.

4) Banning fizzy alcoholic drinks is on the agenda. If it hasn't happened yet, it's around the corner.

5) As for class actions, duty of care issues etc. that's going to happen sooner or later. Take the tobacco industry for example and you'll see that is how this all ends up.

6) With RSA Laws, and Licencing Laws that exist, there should NOT be a problem with heavily intoxicated folks. But there is. So who is giving minors and folks already drunk, the drinks? My guess is their buddies.

7) Do we need a heavier policing of existing laws, yes!

Jesus

Jesus
This whole thing is about stopping alcohol advertising, something you are giving rudd crap for, but saying that he should do?

Also they need bigger fines for people selling, supplying, and higher policing of it. Fining kids is hard to do, and a waste of time. Hell i never had 1000 when i was 15. I would have had to claim bankruptcy to avoid it, then struggle to qualify for a loan the rest of my life because i had a drink when i was 15. That would be nothing short of bullsh*t. Kids do stupid things, but this thing is reliant on adults allowing them. They are responsible for their actions.

midfielder

Greenpoleffc said:

Agree and well said

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
ummmm....when did we stop taking responsibility for our own actions...in this instance binge drinking....I dont know about anyone else but my young fella says he has had no compulsion to get roaring f'n pissed because he saw an add on the tube, same with all his friends that drop by....so is it a peer group issue or just un-disciplined little pricks being ratbags

coast

What would the banning of pre-mix drinks solve? nothing. It's not difficult to buy a bottle of hard liquor and mix your own. When i was coming up through highschool, this is how we use to prefer it. I think that way is more dangerous too, cos when you have a bunch of 15 y.o.'s mixing there own drinks, they tend to get f**ked up quick.

The point to my 2 postings in this thread is alot of the sulotions are just placebo's. Simply to give you peice of mind that you 'appear to make a difference' when in reality it wont change a thing.

The only way i can see to slowing the trend is to actually enforce the law. Fine supplier's and drinker's, i know after i copped a few train fines for not having ticket, after using the trains for 2 years and never buying on, i started getting them everytime. Kids need to see immidiate consequences.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred