• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ACL 09 - the who, the what, the where.

serious14

8% is 1640 seats...... 440 (or close enough) to a bay, thus 4 bays should be more than enough.

It really does depend on who we get.  Gamba/Urawa/Shanghai will bring up to and including 1000 (not forgetting those coming up from Sydney), but any others will only be in the order of a few hundred - not at all small potatoes, but a lot easier to manage.

greenlion

Gamba Osaka
nickname: Gamba
Fans Group: Gambino & Brigate Neroazzurre
Found: 1980 as Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd
League Champions(1) 2005
Emperor's Cup Winners(2): 1990, 2008
League Cup winners(1): 2007
Pan Pacofoc Championship Champions(1): 2008
Asian Performance:
ACL 2006: Group Stage
ACL 2008: Champions
Stadium: Osaka Expo '70 Stadium (Capacity: 21,000)
Average home attendance in J-League 2008: 17,439
pict3.jpg

expos.jpg

greenlion

do you think this fact is unfair?

at the same Period of ACL group stage, A-League clubs plays only 1 official matches in 15 days, while other East Asian Clubs have to play 5 official matches in two weeks

Jorome Alexander Bennett

greenlion said:
do you think this fact is unfair?

at the same Period of ACL group stage, A-League clubs plays only 1 official matches in 15 days, while other East Asian Clubs have to play 5 official matches in two weeks

The different competitions can set their schedules however they like.
We don't have many games.
Not many teams.
Other clubs in Asia have many games. More practice, match fitness, teamwork. Is that unfair?
The competitions are just different.

Greenlion, when does the CSL begin in 2009?

Redline

I think that might be somethign to do with why new teams are getting fast tracked..more games for all.

scottmac

Suspended
Countryhick said:
I think that might be somethign to do with why new teams are getting fast tracked..more games for all.

also a reason why the season should start at the same time and extend further into the year.

greenlion

Jorome Alexander Bennett said:
The different competitions can set their schedules however they like.
We don't have many games.
Not many teams.
Other clubs in Asia have many games. More practice, match fitness, teamwork. Is that unfair?
The competitions are just different.

Greenlion, when does the CSL begin in 2009?

CSL season starts in March

Jorome Alexander Bennett

CC Mariners should get Wang Song, ChengDu Blades' captain and top goalscorer, on loan for the ACL group stage.
So many benefits. For us and them, unless he gets injured or falls in love with coast life, defects to become, like his wife, an Australian citizen.
He's been in the PR China squad 5 times in the last 12 months, he's 25, he would bring sweet hype to us in China and his form (17 goals in around 30 matches) suggests that he would bring the goods on the pitch.

georgemladenov

dru said:
And the final team in is <insert drum roll>

Gamba Osaka who took out the Emperor's Cup

so we have
china:
Shandong Luneng   
Shanghai Shenhua   
Beijing Guoan
Tianjin Teda

Japan:
Kashima antlers
Nagoya Grmapus
Kawasaki Frontale
Gamba Osaka

South Korea:
Suwon Bluewings
Seoul
Ulsan Horang-i
Pohang Steelers.

Ideally where do we all want to go?

Clearly no matter who we're going to face, no group will be 'easy', and it will be a significant milestone for the club to progress to the Rnd16.

Option A - Group that will suit our style of football

CSL - Beijing Guoan
J-L - Kashima Antlers
K - Pohang Steelers
A-L - CC Mariners

Option B - Group of death

CSL - Shandong Luneng
J-L - Gamba Osaka
K-L - Suwon Samsung
A-L - CC Mariners

Option C - Group of 'hype' (i.e. big budget teams with travelling fans)

CSL - Shanghai Shenhua
J-L - Kawasaki Frontale
K-L - FC Seoul
A-L - CC Mariners

bulldogmariner

* On Wednesday, 7 January, the draw for the AFC Champions League 2009 will be conducted in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates, at approximately 6pm AEDT. Correspondence regarding this process and the media opportunities that will arise thereafter will be distributed to all media closer to the date.

serious14

Now that's certainly a change from the usual - normally anything AFC related is done in Kuala Lumpur......

cant wait for the draw, its on like the 7th of jan or somthing, as a utd fan, us guys were lucky we qualified two yrs in a row. Gd luck with ur acl this yr, hope u guys go all the way

serious14

FFC Mariner said:
serious14 said:
Now that's certainly a change from the usual - normally anything AFC related is done in Kuala Lumpur......

I wonder who has the most money..................

Mate, we've discussed this before - this is no place for logic and reason.

serious14

P.S.  According to www.the-afc.com, the draw (as of 11.45pm our time) is in 2 days, 21 hours and 30 minutes. My maths says to me that equals 9.15pm our time on Wednesday night.

bulldogmariner

serious14 said:
P.S.   According to www.the-afc.com, the draw (as of 11.45pm our time) is in 2 days, 21 hours and 30 minutes. My maths says to me that equals 9.15pm our time on Wednesday night.
My info was press release from Mariners so we will see.

serious14

bulldogmariner said:
serious14 said:
P.S.   According to www.the-afc.com, the draw (as of 11.45pm our time) is in 2 days, 21 hours and 30 minutes. My maths says to me that equals 9.15pm our time on Wednesday night.
My info was press release from Mariners so we will see.

The earlier the better!!!  ;D

greenlion

Beijing Guo'an moved back to Workers Stadium. due to the Olympics Beijing has to play their home matches in the star city of Fengtai since 2006, Beijing has a glory history in Workers Stadium, winnning the FA cup 3 times, and has a home concecutive unbeaten of 29 matches, the club usually have a 30,000+ average home attendance in workers stadium, after the renovate in 2007, the stadium have a capacity of 64,000
Img214073452.jpg

Img214073454.jpg

Alicia

Central Coast Mariners
Media Alert
Tuesday, 6 January

Mariners to learn AFC Champions League fate

The Central Coast Mariners will tomorrow (Wednesday, 7 January), learn of their opponents for the group stage of their maiden AFC Champions League campaign, with the draw for the latest installment of Asias premier club competition set to take place in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates, from 6pm AEDT.

Representing the Mariners at the draw will be Football Manager Lawrie McKinna, who will be made available via teleconference from Dubai shortly after the draw at 7.30pm AEDT tomorrow night, along with Newcastle Jets counterpart Gary van Egmond who will lead the Jets throughout their inaugural AFC Champions League tilt.

The Mariners and the Jets will each be grouped with one club side from China, Japan and the Korea Republic in the East Asian side of the AFC Champions League 2009 draw.

Qualified from China are recently crowned Chinese Super League (CSL) Champions Shandong Luneng Taishan, Runners-Up Shanghai Shenhua, along with Beijing Guoan and Tianjin Teda, who finished in third and fourth place in the 2008 CSL respectively.

Representing Japan are reigning AFC Champions League winners and Adelaide United adversaries Gamba Osaka, who qualified after claiming the Emperors Cup, along with J.League Champions Kashima Antlers, Runners-Up Kawasaki Frontale and Nagoya Grampus, who finished third.

From the Korea Republics K-League are Champions Suwon Bluewings, Runners-Up FC Seoul, third place getters Ulsan Horang-i and Korean FA Cup winners Pohang Steelers, who are another team to have met Adelaide United on their march to the AFC Champions League 2008 final.

The Mariners AFC Champions League 2009 group stage campaign will begin with a match on Wednesday, 11 March and continue through to Wednesday, 20 May.

The draw ceremony will be broadcast live and exclusively on Fox Sports News from 6pm AEDT tomorrow (Wednesday, 7 January), with the actual draw component of the ceremony set to take place at approximately 6.22pm AEDT.

McKinna will speak on Fox Sports News at 7pm AEDT before being made available with van Egmond via teleconference from 7.30pm AEDT.

Event Details

Who Central Coast Mariners Football Manager Lawrie McKinna & Newcastle Jets Coach Gary van Egmond.
When Wednesday, 7 January. 7.30pm AEDT.
Where Teleconference live from Dubai, the United Arab Emirates.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred