• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ACL 09 - the who, the what, the where.

samurai

Blair=$$$$ said:
samurai said:
I am a Japanese and lived in Wyee for 2 years so I am really excited about Mariners coming to Japan next year. Kashima, Kawasaki and Nagoya are entitled to qualify ACL and on January 1, our emperor cup final takes place. the winner automatically qualify ACL so 4 Japanese teams take part in the ACL. It means Mariners have to be a same group stage with one of 4 Japanese teams.
From Sydney, Qantas has direct flights to Narita(Tokyo) and From Gold Coast, Jet star has direct flights to Tokyo and Osaka. I think Jet star is cheaper than Qantas. Kawasaki is next to Tokyo so no problem but Kashima is quite far from Narita( takes 4 hours) as well as Nagoya.
Anyway I look forward to seeing Marinators in Japan.
I visited to Australia 5 times a year and this year, I watched F3 Derby and a game in Sydney on September 1.
Great to see we have international friends but WYEE you poor fella haveing to live there. I live in Morisset and Wyee is the joke of the whole area did you go to Morisset high?
I have not been to Wyee for more than 10years and studied at the Swansea high as an international student.

fedelta

samurai said:
Blair=$$$$ said:
samurai said:
I am a Japanese and lived in Wyee for 2 years so I am really excited about Mariners coming to Japan next year. Kashima, Kawasaki and Nagoya are entitled to qualify ACL and on January 1, our emperor cup final takes place. the winner automatically qualify ACL so 4 Japanese teams take part in the ACL. It means Mariners have to be a same group stage with one of 4 Japanese teams.
From Sydney, Qantas has direct flights to Narita(Tokyo) and From Gold Coast, Jet star has direct flights to Tokyo and Osaka. I think Jet star is cheaper than Qantas. Kawasaki is next to Tokyo so no problem but Kashima is quite far from Narita( takes 4 hours) as well as Nagoya.
I visited to Australia 5 times a year and this year, I watched F3 Derby and a game in Sydney on September 1.
Great to see we have international friends but WYEE you poor fella haveing to live there. I live in Morisset and Wyee is the joke of the whole area did you go to Morisset high?
I have not been to Wyee for more than 10years and studied at the Swansea high as an international student.

sorry about 'Blair=$$$$'
he's a bit rude

samurai

I went to Osaka in April to watch a match Melbourne Victory vs Gamba Osaka. About 20to30 Victory supporters came to Japan from Melbourne and other 50 people who just worked in Japan or Japanese who love Australia I thought they watched football game for the first time or something like that.
Anyway I can't wait for the draw for group stages in a month.

Blair

samurai said:
Blair=$$$$ said:
samurai said:
Your ok the i'll let you off.haha

greenlion

Pohang Steelers
nickname: Steelers
Fans group: Marines
Found: 1973 as POSCO
League Champions(4) 1986, 1988, 1992 & 2007
FA Cup Winners(2): 1996, 2008
League Cup winners(1): 1997
Asian Performance:
ACC 96/97: Champions
ACC 97/98: Champions
ACC 98/99: Quarter-Finals
ACL 2008: Group Stage
Stadium: Steelyard (Capacity: 25,000)
Average home attendance in K-League 2008: 11,811
pohang_yard1.jpg

pohang_yard2.jpg

MattSimon

Having been to a few K-League games (most notably the Seoul v Suwon derby, when I also saw a young chap named Song Jin-Hyung play) I'm hoping for Suwon in terms of atmosphere / fans etc. Easy access from Seoul and play out of a very nice stadium used for WC 2002. Would be a tough team to beat though.

Pohang is only on the map thanks to POSCO, and really is a pretty crappy city to visit. I wonder what the Adelaide fans thought of it.

dru

And the final team in is <insert drum roll>

Gamba Osaka who took out the Emperor's Cup

so we have
china:
Shandong Luneng   
Shanghai Shenhua   
Beijing Guoan
Tianjin Teda

Japan:
Kashima antlers
Nagoya Grmapus
Kawasaki Frontale
Gamba Osaka

South Korea:
Suwon Bluewings
Seoul
Ulsan Horang-i
Pohang Steelers.

Ideally where do we all want to go?

dru

Not anything more than it will be done in Abu Dhabi, UAE. The draw will be preceded by the unveiling of a new logo though.
Edit: I dare say the club would know more details as to time etc, might be something to ask on Saturday, and we would hope be putting prompt article on the website.

On a side note, while looking through the AFC site looking for details, stumbled across the stadia regulations. Will be interesting to see how we comply with this:

25. Visiting supporters
At least eight ( 8 ) percent of the total Stadia capacity must be available exclusively for visiting supporters in a segregated area of the Stadia.

Paolo

dru said:
On a side note, while looking through the AFC site looking for details, stumbled across the stadia regulations. Will be interesting to see how we comply with this:

25. Visiting supporters
At least eight ( 8 ) percent of the total Stadia capacity must be available exclusively for visiting supporters in a segregated area of the Stadia.
I would prefer they get two end bays and two upper end bays......rather then them getting 4 bays in a row

serious14

dru said:
Ideally where do we all want to go?

Two words my friend - SHANGHAI.  SHENHUA.

marinermick said:
does anyone have any details on the draw?

time, coverage etc

Draw is scheduled to start at 9.15pm AEDT on January 7th, takes place in Kuala Lumpur.  I know that the AFC website (www.the-afc.com) will have some sort of applet going, and the best bet for local coverage would be Fox Sports News crossing to it, as they did with the World and Asian Cup draws.

P.S.  Right now (2pm Friday), our game against Perth (and standard bottom-of-the-bay picture of the tifo) is the 4th news story on the front of the website.  8)

serious14

dru said:
25. Visiting supporters

Standard FIFA rules Druboy, 'tis the same the world over.  I'd be a bit worried if we hadn't thought of this before......

A.J.V

Does anyone know if you will be able to buy mariners champions league jerseys at rebel sport  ??? ??? ???

Mariner Girl

serious14 said:
Draw is scheduled to start at 9.15pm AEDT on January 7th, takes place in Kuala Lumpur.  I know that the AFC website (www.the-afc.com) will have some sort of applet going, and the best bet for local coverage would be Fox Sports News crossing to it, as they did with the World and Asian Cup draws.

P.S.  Right now (2pm Friday), our game against Perth (and standard bottom-of-the-bay picture of the tifo) is the 4th news story on the front of the website.  8)
Just saw the article on the ACL website - great advertisment for us.
Now, how do you say "We love you Palm Trees, we do" in Chinese?
:D ;)

dru

serious14 said:
dru said:
25. Visiting supporters

Standard FIFA rules Druboy, 'tis the same the world over.  I'd be a bit worried if we hadn't thought of this before......

Should then apply to the A-league as well. ;)

It's not the capacity it's the term segregated that has me intrigued as I doubt they would accept the situation that is now the case for domestic games with the away fans sitting under home fans seat in the eastern stand. I agree we probably need to do as keensy said (although I don't think 4 bays will be enough to reach the 8 percent will it?) and give the same amount below as above. will it end up being 2.5 bays lower, 2.5 bays upper with the other half bays ropped off to create the segregation?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred