• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A strange conspiracy theory or more to it?

Ted

I'd say it's not that any one single person or entity has it in for the mariners, it's more probable that us being the 'new team on the scene' are generally despised equally by officials and opponents alike.....

Margaret Thatcher

off topic but another conspiracy, how about ALL of australias attacking players (bar 1) coming down "sick" or "injured" before tonights world cup qualifier

LFCMariners

Of course player lapses are out of control, but refereeing decisions could be influenced like the non penalty near the end. That's the point I was getting at, that perhaps one side was being looked upon favourably. We also know that Griffiths is constantly yellow carded but never given marching orders.

serious14

As you're all aware, I love a great conspiracy as much as the next person - and whilst I do have feelings that the result of the Grand Final was somewhat........... arranged, I'm not too sure this one was fixed as such.  Probably just a quiet word in the ear of Shields: "ummmm Mark, if you have a chance to not let the Coast win, take it". 

You'd be positively mad to run around fixing the GRAND FINAL of your League - it's under too much public scrutiny and all the rest of it to take the risk.  Better to concentrate on regular season games y'know??

*cough3-2awaytoSydneycough*

Atomic

marinermick said:
Atomic said:
This theory, while it may make you sleep better at night, is not true for the following reason...

Con's Parklea Gaol Markets is a direct competetor with Westfields Parramatta. There is no way that Shylock Lowy would give a chump like Con any breaks when it came to the business of making money.

I rest my case, Your Honour  :tophat:

parklea markets is a mosquito bite on the big arse that is westfields

lowy would not give a shit about some big barn selling $2 trinkets and overseas t-shirt rip offs

And that's why he's worth millions and you're not. Ever heard the pharse "death by a thousand cuts"? Con might only be a mosquito, but if there are a thousand other guys like him, then perhaps it may be more competition than you think. Anyway, it's a moot point. Excuse me now, I have to get back to working on earning my first million (they say it's the hardest).

P

Pete

marinermick said:
Atomic said:
This theory, while it may make you sleep better at night, is not true for the following reason...

Con's Parklea Gaol Markets is a direct competetor with Westfields Parramatta. There is no way that Shylock Lowy would give a chump like Con any breaks when it came to the business of making money.

I rest my case, Your Honour  :tophat:

parklea markets is a mosquito bite on the big arse that is westfields

lowy would not give a shit about some big barn selling $2 trinkets and overseas t-shirt rip offs

Funny though Dibo, that when Con was trying to get an extension to Parklea's hours and rezoning to Retail, Westfield ended up being implicated in 'sponsoring' a challenge.

Old Sunday program story link here.... :naughty:

http://sunday.ninemsn.com.au/sunday/cover_stories/transcript_437.asp

I'm still surprised, given the heavy Lowy influence at the start of the FFA and their past murky dealings with each other, that Con even got a chance to lodge a franchise tender for the Newcastle HAL licence.

Wombat

1. Vidmar made a flukish mistake...1.0 down.

2. We effectively play with 10 men for 70 mins (as Owens does less than nothing)...so the game remains 1.0.

3. Shields is a terrible ref, who sees very little during a game....misses a blatant penalty...robbing us of the chance to take then game into extra time with our two most creative middies now on the park.

We choked on the day and Shields is uesless....thats the real fact.

BTW if Griffiths played in yellow he would have been sent off several times this season and yes he is definately a front bottom!

dibo

Wombat said:
2. We effectively play with 10 men for 70 mins (as Owens does less than nothing)...so the game remains 1.0.

wouldn't want those gumps coloured glasses put a tint on your view would you?

Wombat

dibo said:
Wombat said:

Blind Freddy could see that Lawrie's decision was flawed at best.

dibo

Wombat said:
dibo said:
Wombat said:

well there's an argument to rest your case on. ::)

SNOWMARINER

I a
Wombat said:
dibo said:
Wombat said:

Agree and would still like an explaination as to why the match unfit and barely used useless Owens was put in on the biggest day of the year ahead of Gumps who in the weeks before including the best game of our year in the second semi was sidelined.

Big mistake and only serves to ensure the rumours are not going to go away.

"Please Explain" Lawrie?

By far the worst decision by our manager in three years and makes you wonder who really decides who will start.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred