• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A strange conspiracy theory or more to it?

Rowdy

SNOWMARINER said:
Big mistake and only serves to ensure the rumours are not going to go away.

"Please Explain" Lawrie?

By far the worst decision by our manager in three years and   makes you wonder who really decides who will start.

Snowblind? No way!

SnowMariner's cracked the code and is the Robert Langdon of this forum.

The Secret is out!..............
..........Joe Spiteri decides who does & doesn't play for the Mariners. Lawrie is just the stooge  8)

dibo

SNOWMARINER said:
can you see a reason other than club politics to field owens ahead of Gumps?

come off it - you're the one putting it forward that there's some sort of conspiracy going on, assuming that absolutely everyone agrees with your proposition that gumps should have been started and that there can be no reason other than shady backroom shenanigans behind him not playing.

unless you've got something other than 'but gumps is better!!!' then just give it up.

serious14

SNOWMARINER said:
can you see a reason other than club politics to field owens ahead of Gumps?\

Gumps is a hard worker, and yes, he is loved by most - but quite frankly, when he's not injured and/or playing at right back, Owens is the better player.  More of a game changing X-Factor, a superior shot on goal, and more pace around the field..... three things which quite often win a team an important cup/defining league game.

P

Pete

Hate to say it, as I love Gumps as a person, (he's been a great ambassador for the Mariners and the game when not wearing Nazi-ish Mad Monday uniforms) but Owens is less predictable in his general play than Gumps, has more speed around the field and has a lethal shot in his arsenal. Owens is more of a concern to opposing defenders, imho.

Wombat

Spud said:
Hate to say it, as I love Gumps as a person, (he's been a great ambassador for the Mariners and the game when not wearing Nazi-ish Mad Monday uniforms) but Owens is less predictable in his general play than Gumps, has more speed around the field and has a lethal shot in his arsenal. Owens is more of a concern to opposing defenders, imho.

I would have marked Owens out of the game in the GF! He offered us nothing. The only way he is superior to Gumps is probably his shooting.  You people scare me sometimes. :soapbox:

SNOWMARINER

It's funny how some think putting a player that was not match fit (and it definately showed) ahead of a player that contributed to a 3-0 win in the previous game was a good decision. Owens may be slightly better when at full fitness but he was'nt, had'nt had game time in the lead up and I still don't understand why.

I think those people who support Owens inclusion must be in the minority though because everyone around me considered it a really bad call.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred