• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A-league Trivia

Kareem

I just thought we could maybe start a thread with all these stats about the A-league. And not the usual stats (top scorers, most appearances etc.) but other things.
I will start off...except I will give a chance to answer these!

1. Who was the first player in HAL history to score against all other clubs (ie. 7 other clubs) in the 1st two seasons (when NZ Knights existed and Nix didnt)?
I know the answer
2. Who are the other 2 in V1 and V2? (Once I answer this I will tell you interesting stat about this player!!!!)

3. Who was the first player in HAL history to score against all other clubs apart from his own (ie. 8 other clubs including Knights and Nix) (as of V3)?

4. Who are other 2 (as of V3)?

Prize question!!!

5. Who are the only two players to score against all 9 clubs in HAL? (and which one was first?)

I would like people to throw around guesses maybe?
will answer tomorro or day after!

Also- I have a question?
Who has played for the most clubs in HAL?
I am guessing Mori (Perth, Mariners, QLD???)
and other contenders?

Also who has scored most own goals in HAL???
I dunno there! (Ognevski may have scored 2 i think...not sure)

Which club has used the most players?

First player to change clubs in HAL?

Feel free to ask stats quesitons or post up stats that are interesting (and not typical ones!)

Hagar the Horrible

Jonas Salley has played for 3 clubs (Knights and Sydney FC in v2, Adelaide in v3)

Tando Velaphi has played for 2 clubs (Roar in v2, Perth in v3) and was on the bench for a few matches with a third (Jets in v2)

I believe that the first player to change clubs in the A-League was Danny Hay who left the Knights midway through v1 and then played with Perth.

I would not be surprised if New Zealand Knights is top in regards to having used the most players despite playing 1 less season. They released more than half of their squad after v1, and then used more than 30 players in v2.

Hagar the Horrible

I checked the stats on own goals. There have been a total of 20 own goals, and only 1 player has scored 2.

Curiously, no player has scored an own goal while playing for Perth or either of the NZ-based clubs. On the other end of the scale, there are 3 clubs with 5 own goals each.

Guess which player has scored 2.

Kareem

For different clubs...i specified in HAL (ie. the league). I was under the impression that Salley only played for sydney in ACL?
SO i think Mori seems to be only player.
But would he qualify as he was only temporary player (not fully contracted). Any fully qualifed players?
(eg. Caceres would qualify after next season)

I am suprised about NZ Knights...although sounds realistic enough. (with most players used...)

No one has touched the first 4 questions?

Hagar the Horrible

Kareem said:
For different clubs...i specified in HAL (ie. the league). I was under the impression that Salley only played for sydney in ACL?
Salley played for Sydney in the second leg of the 3v4 tie against the Jets in v2.

Hagar the Horrible

Kareem said:
I am suprised about NZ Knights...although sounds realistic enough. (with most players used...)
I've just gone through match stats for the 3 seasons so far. They've been pushed into second by Perth.

The list I have (which may be wrong) is as follows

Perth Glory 49
NZ Knights 47
Newcastle 46
Queensland 46
Sydney FC 43
Melbourne 41
Adelaide 39
Central Coast 34
Wellington 23

quest 1&2 - Id guess in this order:

Archie Thompson, Bobby Despotovski, Dwight Yorke, Carl Veart or Ante Milishit (if its not one of them i got no idea)

Kareem

I shall answer questions
Kareem said:
1. Who was the first player in HAL history to score against all other clubs (ie. 7 other clubs) in the 1st two seasons (when NZ Knights existed and Nix didnt)?
2. Who are the other 2 in V1 and V2? (Once I answer this I will tell you interesting stat about this player!!!!)
None other then our beloved Petrie!!!
Snatched this record in round 14 of V2!

2nd was Allsopp in round 15 ( 1 round later).
3rd was Thompson in the Grand Final....
interesting stat was before the grand final Thompson just need to score against Adelaide to complete the 7 club scoring record (ie. he had never scored against Adelaide b4).
Then he scored 5 goals...weird huh?

Kareem said:
3. Who was the first player in HAL history to score against all other clubs apart from his own (ie. 8 other clubs including Knights and Nix) (as of V3)?
4. Who are other 2 (as of V3)?
1st was Allsopp
2nd was Griffiths
3rd was our Kwasnik!!!

Kareem said:
Prize question!!!

5. Who are the only two players to score against all 9 clubs in HAL? (and which one was first?)

skilbeck said:
5: I think would be Sasho Petrovski and Alex Brosque first wouldve been Brosque
Close...
Petrovski was 1st (round 11) and then Brosque (round 21)!!!

Andy

Here's a new one. Name the 10 Mariners players, past and present to have mae a senior International appearance.

thomas477

10?

Well after research:

M.Beauchamp 12 apps, 1 goal
T.Pondeljak 4 apps
N.Mrdja 1 app
D.Mori 45 apps 29 goals
T.Vidmar 76 apps 3 goals
S.Petrovski 2 apps 1 goal
J.Aloi$i 55 apps 27 goals
I.Ferguson 9 apps
M.Jedinak 1 app

Jocwa08

Andy said:
Here's a new one. Name the 10 Mariners players, past and present to have mae a senior International appearance.

Aloisi
Beauchamp
Heffernan
Vidmar
Mrdja
A.Elrich
Jedinak
Mori
Petrovski
Pondeljak

NON AUSTRALIAN INTERNATIONALS
Ferguson

Andy

Jocwa08 said:
Andy said:

Aloi$i
Beauchamp
Heffernan
Vidmar
Mrdja
A.Elrich
Jedinak
Mori
Petrovski
Pondeljak

Ferguson

I don't think Heff has actually played.

I didn't count Ahmad becuase he hasn't played for us yet. He would be 11.

Still 2 more.

Jocwa08

Andy said:
Jocwa08 said:
Andy said:

Aloi$i
Beauchamp
Heffernan
Vidmar
Mrdja
A.Elrich
Jedinak
Mori
Petrovski
Pondeljak

Ferguson

I don't think Heff has actually played.

I didn't count Ahmad becuase he hasn't played for us yet. He would be 11.

Still 2 more.

my mistake according to wikipedia heffernan is yet to play.

Kareem

i dont know if I want to count Holland on the basis of whether I recognise him as a human being!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred