• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A-League Transfers and Rumours

Tevor

This is being negotiated by DRT? The guy who couldnt get rewind on P+? They guy who was going to get answers on the Shaun Evans debacle?
That guy?
This is sheer bollocks aimed at the non football public for publicity
Yeah doesn't fill you with any confidence he could manage to pull it off. I really couldn't care less and you are right it is only there to try and peak non A League watchers interests. Hope he isn't another Sturridge.

The MLS will have a better chance if he wants to leave Europe. The US seems to have more allure than OZ to the big names.

StensnessGOAT

The whole idea of governing bodies subsidising players for certain clubs is just so wrong.
Literally. It really should be the clubs go after whoever you choose to go after and you pay for it with the money you have. It's a bit of a farce that the A-League targets players to come to the A-League and then plants them at a club, but that's how it works.

So just like every other marquee ever except like Emile Heskey and Luis Garcia, Melbourne Victory or Sydney FC? ?

StensnessGOAT

I understand it from a marketing perspective but it is disgusting from a fairness and integrity perspective. That goes for anyone but it’s even worse that they inevitably go to the biggest population centres which are home to the biggest clubs.
Yeah, the Big Bash do that and it's a piss take as well and takes away from the integrity of the league, but it's the Big Bash and the whole thing is a piss take and just designed to entertain kids over school holidays. I'm more of a cricket fan than soccer/football but I'd like to think the A-League is a bit better than that...

StensnessGOAT

Doesn't Ronaldo's grandparents live in Perth though? If the A-League paid him to go to Perth I'd at least appreciate it's not a Sydney or Melbourne big club.

Tevor

Patrick Kisnorbo being looked at by Troyes (Ligue 1) and part of CFG who have sacked their manager in the last 2 weeks
Not surprised as he has finally got City playing to their potential so would be noticed by the CFG, would be very tempting for him you feel.

StensnessGOAT

Feels like Ange deserves to be the guy to be the first Aussie to coach in the top 5 leagues, but good luck to PK if he can secure the role. Australian football is making waves in Europe lately, and we are a big part responsible for that.

Who'd coach City after that? They'd be well advised to throw big money at Monty but I can't see him leaving us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred