• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A-League Transfers and Rumours

Big Al

Word has it that Graham Arnold has received offers to coach elsewhere, with talk Melbourne City could be his destination.

With only 8 months remaining on his current deal with SydFC & yet to be offered a new contract, Melb.City's cashed-up owners have apparently made enquires regarding his availability for next season.

I think if Arnie can take SydFC to the finals this year, he could name his price with the Plastics.

Being able to attract former players in Wilko, Simo, Bernie & Vuka from a club he won a Championship previously shows players respect the 'culture' that we had at CCM and that 'culture' I think contributed greatly towards Arnie ultimately winning the Championship that year.

Melb.City hoping GA can replicate that ' culture & success'
..... with an additional $HIT-LOAD OF CA$H !!!
Want some more random links

Was reading the rest of the Sunday paper today and in the real estate section is Graham Arnold selling his home at Drummoyne. Mentioned his sale at Wamberal when moving to SFC.

Just an innocent sale to bigger and better things or Melbourne?

Says Poppa lives at Lane Cove

Rowdy

Taylor Regan joins Adelaide United:
A-League-Rd-6-Newcastle-v-Brisbane.jpg

Adelaide United have announced the signing of former Newcastle Jet Taylor Regan on an injury replacement deal.

Pending a final medical, Regan will join the club for the 2016-17 season in place of Jordan Elsey.

The 27-year-old played 68 games for Newcastle before moving to Malaysia with Negeri Sembilan.

“This is a massive opportunity for me and for my family to come to Adelaide,” Regan said.

“The boys are nice and I’ve felt welcomed from the start with the guys, which is always good.

“I knew a few of the boys from my time with the Newcastle Jets, but also with my previous Club in Malaysia, where I played with Henrique for a little while.

“Adelaide was always a tough place to go when I was playing in the A-League previously and it’s known around the league as one of the best pitch to play on.

“The fans are always very vocal and the support is great, which I’m looking forward to being apart of.”

Manager Guillermo Amor praised Regan, saying he needed to add a player who was familiar with the A-League.

“It is very good that Taylor will be joining our team,” Amor said.

“He is a player with experience and he has played a lot of games before in the A-League, which is important.

“With Jordan’s injury, it is not likely he will be playing this season, so we needed to replace him with someone who knows this league.

“Taylor is someone who can play our style of football. This will help us a lot this season also in the Asian Champions League.”

Regan will wear Adelaide’s No.5 jersey.

Rowdy

Malaysia's Negeri Sembilan Coach, Aussie Gary Phillips must be pulling his hair out.

First he lost striker Andrew Nabbout, who was scoring goals as soon as he came in to the club - only for the club hierarchy to flick Nabboutso they could make a play for Henrique from Brisbane when the Roar couldn't meet Rique's greedy wage demand'$.

Nabbout goes to the Scummer's & THEN poor Henrique cries homesick for AUS
.... asks for a release .... and GETS IT !
........ THEN lands at Adelaide.

Reagan now landing in the exact same spot !

Rowdy

Phoenix are expected to confirm the signing of former Brisbane Roar youth player Ben Litfin on Thursday.

The 21-year-old attacking midfielder scored 19 goals in 22 matches for Gold Coast City in the Queensland NPL this season and impressed during the team's intra-squad match before the start of the season.

Wombat

Phoenix are expected to confirm the signing of former Brisbane Roar youth player Ben Litfin on Thursday.

The 21-year-old attacking midfielder scored 19 goals in 22 matches for Gold Coast City in the Queensland NPL this season and impressed during the team's intra-squad match before the start of the season.

Very impressive return for a midfield player!!

Rowdy

Topor-Stanley jets off to Dubai to join Hatta Club:
gettyimages-612344406.jpg

Western Sydney skipper Nikolai Topor-Stanley is heading to the UAE to join newly-promoted Hatta Club after being released from the final year of his Wanderers contract.

The 31-year-old has agreed terms for a one year deal, with an option for a second with the Dubai-based Arabian Gulf League club.

Sources in the Gulf have confirmed Topor-Stanley will jet to Dubai within 24 hours where he will tie up the deal brokered by Australian agent Ante Alilovic.

Alilovic was the man who took Tim Cahill to China for spells with Shanghai Shenhua and Hangzhou Greentown prior to his recent move to Melbourne City.

Topor-Stanley - somewhat fancifully linked with a $3 million February switch to Beijing Guoan - took little persuading to accept the money-spinning offer from the Gulf with Wanderers coach Tony Popovic, who has a surplus of defenders, declining to stand in his way.

The centre-back, who also had spells with Sydney FC, Perth Glory and Newcastle Jets, will join Socceroos mainstay Mark Milligan, of Baniyas, in the AGL.

Topor-Stanley has made123 appearances for the Wanderers in all competitions and was one of only two remaining foundation players at the club - the other is Shannon Cole.

He was suspended from Wanderers' 4-0 season-opening derby loss to Sydney FC.

His new club Hatta, who hold ambitions to become one of their region's most progressive clubs, have picked up one point from their opening two games of the new season.

JoyfulPenguin

Topor-Stanley jets off to Dubai to join Hatta Club:
gettyimages-612344406.jpg

Western Sydney skipper Nikolai Topor-Stanley is heading to the UAE to join newly-promoted Hatta Club after being released from the final year of his Wanderers contract.

The 31-year-old has agreed terms for a one year deal, with an option for a second with the Dubai-based Arabian Gulf League club.

Sources in the Gulf have confirmed Topor-Stanley will jet to Dubai within 24 hours where he will tie up the deal brokered by Australian agent Ante Alilovic.

Alilovic was the man who took Tim Cahill to China for spells with Shanghai Shenhua and Hangzhou Greentown prior to his recent move to Melbourne City.

Topor-Stanley - somewhat fancifully linked with a $3 million February switch to Beijing Guoan - took little persuading to accept the money-spinning offer from the Gulf with Wanderers coach Tony Popovic, who has a surplus of defenders, declining to stand in his way.

The centre-back, who also had spells with Sydney FC, Perth Glory and Newcastle Jets, will join Socceroos mainstay Mark Milligan, of Baniyas, in the AGL.

Topor-Stanley has made123 appearances for the Wanderers in all competitions and was one of only two remaining foundation players at the club - the other is Shannon Cole.

He was suspended from Wanderers' 4-0 season-opening derby loss to Sydney FC.

His new club Hatta, who hold ambitions to become one of their region's most progressive clubs, have picked up one point from their opening two games of the new season.
Looks a good move for all involved. Poppa gets rid of him and frees up a fair amount of salary cap I'd assume, Topor-Stanley sets himself up for retirement and Hatta Club get a very experienced, and in my opinion good, Asian centre back.

JoyfulPenguin

Matt Acton signs for Victory as an injury replacement for Alistair Bray. If Thomas goes down it will be interesting to see what level he is act considering he has been playing in the Philippines.

JoyfulPenguin

Shane Smeltz signs with the Phoenix.
This could make or break the Phoenix's season if Smeltz can't be a regular goalscorer for them then they're going to need some luck to make the finals.

Tevor

Shane Smeltz signs with the Phoenix.
This could make or break the Phoenix's season if Smeltz can't be a regular goalscorer for them then they're going to need some luck to make the finals.
No doubt they have also been missing McGlinchey and maybe Smeltz is an injury replacement. Or he wants the leading goal scorer trophy back.

Tevor

Will be interesting to see how the Rhys Williams rumours play out over the next few weeks. Not a happy camp Glory at the moment.

Wombat

Ray Gatt on Twitter saying Kerem Bulut was put on leave by Western Sydney and has played his last game for them.

Fully sick bro. Maybe Newcastle would be his only hope in Oz.
The bloke is obviously a flip but he is a decent player.
Get him away from the detritus that he usually mixes with and he could have a good career. I would suggest he move overseas and live and breath Football for a couple of seasons rather than trying to balance being a Gangster and Football player at the same time in Bankstown.

JoyfulPenguin

Fully sick bro. Maybe Newcastle would be his only hope in Oz.
The bloke is obviously a flip but he is a decent player.
Get him away from the detritus that he usually mixes with and he could have a good career. I would suggest he move overseas and live and breath Football for a couple of seasons rather than trying to balance being a Gangster and Football player at the same time in Bankstown.
I don't think he can ever do that though. I don't think he is actually good enough for a European team at least not without a good launchpad from the A-League. He's just full of himself and it seems like he won't take advice from anyone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred