• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A-League Transfers and Rumours

Rowdy

Also looks like they're intending to deploy Trosi as a CAM.
Yeah with Delpierre & Archie now gone, it only leaves Captain Valeri joined by Broxham/Berisha/BKF as the core of their leadership group.

As for Troisi, Muscat is fond of the
4-2-2-2, with heavy rotation amongst the front 4, so can see him up as the front 2 subbing with Rojas most likely.

The players Kev has for the front 4 positions, they're all very similar in type
- compact, pacey, inclined to attack and all very good technically on the ball
..... except Austin.

He may tweak it a bit when he's on as he suits hugging the sideline and getting in behind/crossing. Jai Ingham likewise but he's not as one dimensional as the Judas. ;)

Rowdy

Henrique joins Adelaide:
20151227001214172908-original.jpg

Adelaide United have signed former Brisbane Roar attacking midfielder Henrique

Henrique departed the Roar at the end of last season after playing 136 times for the three-time Champions over eight seasons, helping the Roar clinch A-League Championships in 2010-2011, 2011-2012, and 2013-2014.

Scoring 39 goals for the Roar during his time in Queensland, Henrique was twice the difference for Brisbane when it mattered most, netting the winners in the 2011 and 2014 Grand Finals.

31-year-old Henrique joins the Reds ahead of the 2016-2017 with a wealth of experience in the A-League.

Henrique said he is excited to join the reigning A-League Champions and is looking forward to the hard work that comes with mounting a Championship defence.

“I feel great to have signed for Adelaide United and I’m very excited for this new challenge,” Henrique said. “It’s such a great club who have just become Champions of the A-League.

“The coaching staff and the players are all great and I’m really looking forward to joining up with my new teammates in Malaysia and getting ready for the new season.

“I’ve been part of a Championship winning team before (with Brisbane Roar) and I know how hard it is to defend that title. So I know we will need to work hard to keep up a standard where we can push to go back-to-back.

“When I was with Brisbane, I remember that it was always very difficult to play against Adelaide, especially at Coopers Stadium with all the great support from the fans.

“Now I am excited for all the supporters to be supporting me for a change, and of course the team as well.

“I have a fair bit of experience in the A-League so I think that can be helpful with the team and some of the younger players.

“But on a personal level, I am here to score as many goals as I can and to be better than I was last season.”

Adelaide United Coach, Guillermo Amor, said he was delighted to add another experienced forward to his squad.

“Henrique is a very good player and someone we think can add very good things to our team,” Amor said.

“He has played in the A-League for many years and knows the competition in and out.

“As a forward he can score lots of goals and he has proved to be a very dangerous player against many teams.

“I am sure he will fit in well to our team and he will help improve our football.”

Henrique will link-up with his new teammates on Adelaide United’s pre-season trip to Malaysia.

Rowdy

With the Slippery Fish having gained his Australian citizenship, he wont be taking up a visa spot - so is a pretty good signing by the Reds.

Interesting that AU are going to Malaysia for their pre-season, which is where the little Brazilian was just playing - in the Malaysian Premier League for Negeri Sembilan who are coached by Aussie Gary Phillips.

Brisb offered him a deal but Rique was a bit too greedy & the Roar werent willing to meet his demands, so he took the Asian Player spot (now he's an Aussie;)) with Negiri instead - who also have fellow Australians Taylor Regan, Alex Smith, Andrew Nabbout (actually Henrique pushed him out & to the Scum) & Joel Chianese at the club.

At least Henrique knows he'll get paid at Adelaide :cool:

Rowdy

Speaking of Joel Chianese, read on Sporting News that he may be heading to Perth (nothing official as of yet).

"Perth Glory chairman Tony Sage has again come to the party by providing the funds for Kenny Lowe to continue his off season recruiting with the signing of former Sydney FC striker Joel Chianese.

Chianese will sign a one-year deal after recent stints in Malaysian football.

The quick-fire Chianese is seen as the final puzzle of an interesting attack that includes Andy Keogh, Adam Taggart and Chris Harold."

Rowdy

More transfer news, strangely coming out 'this arvo' o_O

Brosque re-signs with Sydney FC:
gettyimages-491476428.jpg

Sydney FC club captain Alex Brosque says he has unfinished business after committing to a new one-year deal with the A-League club.

The 32-year-old Socceroos forward has scored 40 goals in 144 games for the Sky Blues over two stints.

He will be saddling up for a seventh year for Sydney and his third in his second period with the club.

Brosque's 2015-2016 campaign was cut short and limited to 13 games by a hamstring injury.

"I've got unfinished business from last season and I've been doing a lot of work in the off-season to get back to where I want to be," Brosque said.

"I'm raring to go this year and as hungry as ever to take out all three trophies.

"We've added a lot of quality players to the squad and I'm excited to see this squad fulfil the potential that is on offer."

Brosque made his comeback in a cameo appearance against Brisbane Roar in a pre-season game last weekend.

He will travel to Western Australia for Sydney's round of 16 FFA Cup tie against Perth Glory at Dorrien Gardens on Tuesday, though it's not certain how much of the game, if any, he will play.

Sydney coach Graham Arnold welcomed Brosque's decision to commit to the club for another season.

"Alex Brosque's importance to Sydney FC was evident through his absence last year," Arnold said.

"He is an exceptional player and a great leader.

"It's great to have him back at full fitness and firing on all cylinders this season.

"His addition means we have some real top quality players in the squad this season and I'm confident we will go very close in all three competitions."

Brosque is part of a forward group which also includes imports Bobo and Filip Holosko, fellow Socceroo Bernie Ibini, veteran Matt Simon and emerging youngster George Blackwood.

His signing swells Sydney's squad for the coming season to 19 players.

Among the recruits are Brazilian Bobo, experienced goalkeeper Danny Vukovic and a clutch of Socceroos in Ibini, defenders Alex Wilkinson and Michael Zullo and midfielder Joshua Brillante.

Rowdy

Interesting that its ony a 1 yr deal, Arnie maybe still has concerns with his injuries ??? and his longevity.

"19 players signed" .... still leaves plenty of room for some more quality to be included.

They may just yet put together a decent side for this season compared to last year.

Rowdy

Speaking of Joel Chianese, read on Sporting News that he may be heading to Perth (nothing official as of yet).

"Perth Glory chairman Tony Sage has again come to the party by providing the funds for Kenny Lowe to continue his off season recruiting with the signing of former Sydney FC striker Joel Chianese.

Chianese will sign a one-year deal after recent stints in Malaysian football.

The quick-fire Chianese is seen as the final puzzle of an interesting attack that includes Andy Keogh, Adam Taggart and Chris Harold."
Now official
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2016/08/30/chianese-signs-perth-glory

Rowdy

CITY SIGN DANISH INTERNATIONAL:
MichaelJacobsen24januar2014.jpg

Melbourne City FC’s upcoming A-League campaign has been boosted by the signing of Danish defender Michael Jakobsen from Superliga side Esbjerg fB.

The left-footed defender has earned five senior appearances for the Danish national team, having played alongside City goalkeeper Thomas Sorensen and represented Denmark at every youth level.

The 30-year-old joins City on a two-year deal, adding experience and depth to the team’s back line as coach John van’t Schip continues to strengthen his squad for the upcoming season.

A left-sided central defender, Jakobsen played an integral part in Aalborg BK’s Danish Superliga win in 2007/08 and qualification in the 2008/09 UEFA Champions League.

Following 153 appearances for AaB, Jakobsen secured a permanent move to Spanish La Liga side Almeria, before returning to Denmark with Esbjerg fB.

Jakobsen’s arrival at City follows recent signings Tim Cahill, Josh Rose, Neil Kilkenny, Manny Muscat, Bruce Kamau, Daniel Arzani, Ruon Tongyik and Luke Brattan, and the re-signing of Dean Bouzanis, Nick Fitzgerald and Anthony Caceres.

Jakobsen, who will occupy a visa position within the A-League squad, will link up with his new teammates during the Club's pre-season tour of Townsville next week.

Jakobsen had been monitored by City scouts for some time and he was confirmed as a priority when Melbourne City FC Director of Football Michael Petrillo attended a recent scouting summit in Manchester.

Rowdy

Ca$h for fcuking daaaaays !!!

Wonder if the Jam'tards will stupidly come up with a 'Viking-chant' a'la Euro 2016. :popcorn:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
fkn Manchester City South are doing a sterling job of balancing their salary cap hey

Rowdy

Holman signs with Brisbane Roar:
brettholman-cropped_1dzc1a32u4us917v272f95sy5w.jpg

Brisbane Roar have made a positive step with the signing of former Australia international Brett Holman.

Holman, 32, last played in the United Arab Emirates with Emirates Club and joins the Roar after a career that has also included stints in the Netherlands and England with Aston Villa.

His signing is a huge boost for the Roar, who have gone through turbulent times with a lack of certainty over their ownership.

Holman becomes the latest addition for John Aloisi's men, with Thomas Kristensen and Joey Katebian among other arrivals as the Roar look to be an attacking threat this season, with the forward joining Jamie Maclaren, Thomas Broich and Tommy Oar in the front third.

A 63-time international, Holman starred for the Socceroos at the 2010 World Cup, scoring twice in the group stage.

Brisbane begin their campaign in the season opener against the Melbourne Victory on October 7.

Rowdy

Screenshot_2016-09-03-13-19-20-1_zpsracprxij.png

Western Sydney Wanderers have reportedly come to terms with 28-year-old Argentinian attacking midfielder Nicolas Martinez and signed him on loan from Greek Super League club Olympiakos.

As part of the loan deal with Western Sydney sources at gazzetta.gr say that out of his current wages of $563,000 a season, the Wanderers have agreed to pay about $266,000 while Olympiakos will foot the remainder.

Last season Martinez was on loan from Greek Super league champions Oympiakos to Cypriot first division team Anorthosis Famagusta and played 30 games and scored two goals.

Martinez who stands at 169 cm has played a total of 161 games and scored 12 goals in eight seasons of football.
He began his senior career in Argentina with Independiente and then moved to Chile and spent 2011 and 2012 playing for a team that was coincidently named Santiago Wanderers. After that the left footed attacker then spent the 2012/13 season in Spain’s second division with Real Murcia.

But the most significant step Martinez’s career was the next two seasons in the Greek Super League with Panetolikos that included 42 games and five goals. The 2014/15 campaign saw Martinez’s finish the Greek Super League season with the most assists.

Subsequently his performances earnt him a four-year contract with one of Greece’s biggest club Olympiakos, who paid 700,000 Euro’s for his services. Unfortunately, Olympiakos found it difficult to find room in their squad and Martinez was and sent out on loan to Anorthosis with another 18 other players.

During his time at Panetolikos he played in a 4-3-3 formation in front of the defensive midfielder. His ideal position is as a number 10 and he has been described as a player with great vision, dribbling, passing and one on one skills.

There was speculation that Standard Liege, Atromitos, Asteras Triplis, Apollon Limasol and Astra Giurgiu were interested in signing the Argentinian but the most serious interest came from Wanderers as the other clubs weren’t willing to pay more than 100.000 euros of his wages.

Greek media also reported that he has already spoken with Tony Popovic and a deal will be finalised next week as early as Monday.

Rowdy

Belgian, Romanian, Greek & Cypriot 1st Division clubs were only prepared to pay $147,000 AUD towards Martinez's $563,000 wage.

WSW offer just $120k more to get this quality Argentinian midfielder, impressive & clever business.

Poppa must have some awesome overseas contacts !

THIS is the sort of deal CCM should be looking for when we look to fill the Marquee spot, hopefully come January.

$200k AUD would get us something reasonable.
..... & I prayer to sweet baby Jesus that it's Okon & NOT ! fcuk'n Storrie that does the window-shopping & the subsequent decision making.
...... & that Ok's has just as good of a
'little black book' as Poppa ;)

Rowdy

Loyal Jurman spurns Eredivisie to stay with Sydney FC:
gettyimages-528886884.jpg

Highly-prized Sydney FC defender Matt Jurman has rejected a three-year deal to join an unnamed Eredivisie club in a show of loyalty to the Sky Blues.

Jurman, who last season scooped a clean sweep of club awards with player of the year, players' player of the year and members' player of the year gongs, would have become a millionaire over the lifetime of the deal.

However, such is his faith in the direction coach Graham Arnold is taking the club, and the squad which has been assembled for the new season, the 26-year-old - who missed just two games last season and played every minute of the 25 matches he was involved in - decided to stay put.

It is also understood that Jurman, who signed a new two-year deal 14 months ago but has a buyout clause inserted into his contract - also recently spurned an approach from a K-League club in a further affirmation of his desire to help bring success to Allianz Stadium.

The Korea offer would have dwarfed what Jurman could have earned in the Netherlands but, once again, he was not swayed.

In his second spell with Sydney, for whom he has made 95 league appearances across five seasons, Jurman is at the peak of his powers.

But despite his show of loyalty, there is no guarantee he will remain with the Sky Blues indefinitely and continue to delay grabbing a slice of the riches on offer overseas, especially in Asia where a bevy of Australians – mainly defenders – are already cashing in.

Rowdy

Wow !
..... considering he's NOT that 'young kid' anymore (26yo)

Arnie must of begged him to stay.

Tevor

Maybe he feels money isn't everything and living in Korea is not his thing. It is nice to see a quality player at his peak stay, he can always go to China in 3 or 4 years for a pension fund.

Rowdy

Adelaide sign Sergi Guardiola on loan from Granada:

Adelaide United have signed striker Sergi Guardiola on loan from Granada until June 2017.

Guardiola, no relation to Pep, started the season with La Liga side Granada, but is yet to get any playing time with the first team.

The 25-year-old joins fellow Spaniards Isaias, Sergio Cirio and coach Guillermo Amor at the A-League champions.

Guardiola is probably best known for having one of the shortest contracts in FC Barcelona history, after he was released just a few hours after signing with the Catalan club in December 2015.

The striker signed with Barca's B team on a one-and-half-year deal only to be released a few hours later after it was discovered he had tweeted offensive anti-Catalan statements in 2013.

Guardiola's best record at a club came when he scored 14 goals in 41 matches in the Spanish third division for Eldense.

With Guardiola's signing Adelaide United have filled their import quota of five who joins Isaias, Cirio, Italian Iacopo La Rocca and Argentine Marcelo Carrusca.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred