• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A-League Round 1

Bear

Greenpoleffc said:
Fabiano and Allshit are just pants TBH

I think Fabiano and Archie will be very dangerous if given the time to gel. However, I cant see Ernie starting Fabiano over Allshit

Auburn Mariner said:
Bear has been right for YEARS now, Allsopp is a donkey.

Donkey of the year award will be hard this year. Every team has a possible contender. Allshit, Hey-naldo, Dadi, Kwasnik, Christiano, Aloisi, Zura and Dylan all have potential for the award.

~Floss~

Anyone interested in a sweet video stream:

http://www.veetle.com/viewChannel.php?cid=488fda2b0fd7f

You have to download a player but it's worth it.

FFC Mariner

taylor said:
Greenpoleffc said:
Not much too it really but doubtless the tele will have a 4 page wog sokka killers lift out on Monday.

Was it Bling v Bling or a few dumb Tards trying it on?? I could easily understand someone wanting to smash the SCC as they are squadrunt wannabes

SCC - Squadron wannabes?

Yep, obnoxious spotty teens who believe they are too good for the real grown up support (Cove at SFC and S Hill at EAS).

Paolo

Greenpoleffc said:
taylor said:
Greenpoleffc said:
Not much too it really but doubtless the tele will have a 4 page wog sokka killers lift out on Monday.

Was it Bling v Bling or a few dumb Tards trying it on?? I could easily understand someone wanting to smash the SCC as they are squadrunt wannabes

SCC - Squadron wannabes?

Yep, obnoxious spotty teens who believe they are too good for the real grown up support (Cove at SFC and S Hill at EAS).
incorrect wrong. Most are in their 20s or older and prefer a different kind of support to the Cove

~Floss~

Hmm, maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but so far this is (surprisingly) the only article I've found about the SCC incident:

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24195714-5001023,00.html

FFC Mariner

Yiddo said:
Greenpoleffc said:
taylor said:
Greenpoleffc said:

SCC - Squadron wannabes?

incorrect wrong. Most are in their 20s or older and prefer a different kind of support to the Cove

Like flare throwing and fighting???

Paolo

Greenpoleffc said:
Yiddo said:
Greenpoleffc said:
taylor said:
Greenpoleffc said:

SCC - Squadron wannabes?

Like flare throwing and fighting???
If opposition fans charge into your bay looking for trouble are you just going to stand there and accept the punches thrown your way?

dibo

Greenpoleffc said:

Ally and I popped along to catch another match and scope out the opposition and I was actually in the bay where the fighting started.

Coupla Maaaahlbourne muzzas led by a twat in a Burberry scarf* came walking very slowly down the aisle between bays 29 & 30. When there was no reaction, they started up a Melbourne *clap* *clap* *clap*, showing all true hools have impeccable taste in football songs. This stung the SCC into walking very slowly up the aisle towards them, the sort of confrontation that smacks of people desperately avoiding having to throw a punch. Security came over and there were gestures and so on but nothing actually on.

Then one twat from the SCC threw a coke bottle at the guys further up the aisle and it was on for young and old. Perhaps 25 people actually got involved in throwing punches or kicks, there was some wrestling and so on but frankly nothing more disturbing than Ive seen at NRL matches, and they seem to strike more randomly. Nobody there was getting punched that wasnt there for it, and if theyre nursing bruises now theyre a reward for stupidity.

Coppers arrested a few people (mainly Melbourne boys) and it was all cleaned up in about 5 minutes. Terrifying it wasnt, and I was barely 10 metres away.

*Someone should let the poor dear know that it makes him look like hes daddys little princess of a Hong Kong businessman.

clarence

I'd find it ironic if the FFA had to sanction Sydney for the lack of stadium security - why should anyone wearing Melbourne colours be allowed into an area so close to the SCC and/or Cove - and Sydney became the first A-League team to have restrictions of some sort imposed on them. Won't happen of course, but if the incident had been at our place I'm pretty sure the media would have gone off and poor Lyall would have had to justify letting the fans in for the next home game!

dibo

clarence said:
I'd find it ironic if the FFA had to sanction Sydney for the lack of stadium security - why should anyone wearing Melbourne colours be allowed into an area so close to the SCC and/or Cove - and Sydney became the first A-League team to have restrictions of some sort imposed on them. Won't happen of course, but if the incident had been at our place I'm pretty sure the media would have gone off and poor Lyall would have had to justify letting the fans in for the next home game!

they weren't in colours ;)

clarence

dibo said:
clarence said:

The moment they started up chants, did security take them to task and started having them leave? From what I can see in your posts, they started up the chant, the SCC boys got up and security started getting involved, then someone threw a bottle and it was on for a bit.

The press coverage was very minimal. I think maybe the media realised it wasn't too great a matter. I only caught a glimpse of the match on the TV -and it looked like flares went off. Can you confirm that?

Are you an SCC member in disguise (lol)  ;) ;D?

dibo

clarence said:
dibo said:
clarence said:

The moment they started up chants, did security take them to task and started having them leave? From what I can see in your posts, they started up the chant, the SCC boys got up and security started getting involved, then someone threw a bottle and it was on for a bit.

The press coverage was very minimal. I think maybe the media realised it wasn't too great a matter. I only caught a glimpse of the match on the TV -and it looked like flares went off. Can you confirm that?

Are you an SCC member in disguise (lol)  ;) ;D?

security did fine - they were there as soon as you could've expected and did what they could. this wasn't a long time, they were there for maybe 2 minutes, and there was some margin between the security getting there and the bottle being thrown. the guy who threw it seemed to be weighing up whether he wanted to or not.

in the end it was really a very small deal.

there were certainly a few flares, and for the most part the crowd seemed to enjoy them quite frankly. the sydney boys were reasonably smart in getting them out of the cove and onto the grass - that way they don't get punted because they're harder to find.

...until SFC review the CCTV anyway, bearing in mind the allocated seating situation etc... ;)

and no, i'm definitely not an SCC member or any other sort of SFC supporter, as many people on here who know me can attest.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred