• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A=League Players off Contract

Andy

fish said:
Not sure, it may well be an extension??

If so, it would seem to be a rather odd decision to negotiate with him, while there is another 10 or so players off-contract.

Unles he's agreed to take a pay cut, then well done CCM board. ;D

fish

Thats where I think we are a little luckier than some, we have a management staff that have shown loyalty to players like boogs,niko and others with long term injuries over the 3 years and in turn the players sho similar loyalty and respect.
Players resigning has been underway for a longer time than the last couple of weeks so I would think most things have been sorted its just the olld dotting the t's and crossing the i's

midfielder

fish said:
I think of that list of uncontracted players we might see J Hutchinson and M Jedinak taken off in the near future.

Enough with Reinaldo hes f**king rubbish

I think of that list of uncontracted players we might see J Hutchinson and M Jedinak taken off in the near future.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Enough with Reinaldo hes f**king rubbish

8) :vhappy: 8) :vhappy: 8) :vhappy: 8) :vhappy: 8) :vhappy: ??? :vhappy: ::) : 8) :vhappy: 8) :vhappy:

fish

im pretty sure he was off at the end of this season if not theres nothing wrong with securing them now rather than have the same issues next year, happens regularly o/s

pjennings

I'll assume that Viddy is retiring and hopefully staying with the Academy and/or replacing Fergie if he is off to Scotland. I would also release Clarky from the playing schedule but increase his fitness coach wage and use him as injury replacement for the backs.

Nik I would like to keep because I fear what he will do if we release him - lets see what he does with Lightning. Tommy and Gumps aren't getting any younger and seem a bit injury prone also. These three have been on big money and may have to take less.

I think we have to resign Redmayne and need another two under 20s. McAndre could be possibly be one.

So if we lost Viddy, Nik (big money under the cap) and Clarky and freed up a bit of money for reduced contracts for Tommy and Gumps then I would like to get

Milligan
Burns
Pantelis

djebella

If we do release anyone for whatever reason.  I would like to see the money spent on the next Jedinak, Boogaard, Zullo, Djite ... actually Ty Owens will be a year older and he was great in pre-season.

fish

I think Tyes got massive potential.
The Academy will be interesting to see what comes out in the next couple of years as a lot of people tell me there are some high quality kids involved.

Andy

fish said:
I think Tyes got massive potential.
The Academy will be interesting to see what comes out in the next couple of years as a lot of people tell me there are some high quality kids involved.

Yeah, I've heard some good things about him as well.

Does anyone know why he's not involved in the academy?

pjennings

A squad like this for next year would do me.

Matthew Trott
Danny Vukovic
Andrew Redmayne
Dean Heffernan
Paul O'Grady
Nigel Boogaard
Alex Wilkinson
Mark Milligan
Lucas Pantelis
John Hutchinson
Ian McAndrew
Bradley Porter
Mile Jedinak
Matthew Osman
Adam Kwasnik
Tom Pondeljak
Greg Owens
Matt Simon
Nik Mrdja
Sasho Petrovski
John Aloisi
Ty Owens
Nathan Burns

Viddy as assistant coach if Fergie goes
Gumps running the Academy
Clarky - fitness coach

and all fit available and ready to fit in to cover for injuries

pjennings

Mark is not as good as he thinks he is. We can hopefully offer ACL games and the chance to work with one of Australias great defenders and the opportunity of playing for the A-League socceroos. If he goes overseas I think he may disappear.

If we don't get him we can resign Viddy or Clarky for another year. 

P

Pete

I think Milligan will only ever even start thinking about negotiations with the Mariners AFTER Fergie goes. ;)

Fergie, I believe, wants Spike's nuts on a platter. Not the best of friends.

The Camel

Ty Owens is not in the academy as he plays first grade in the Northern NSW State League in Newcastle. I cant remember who for might be Pheonix.

Deej

I have no doubt Ty will sign for us 1 day, he's played a few games, trains with them quite a bit and is always at home games sitting up with the boys.  Porter will of course be over 20 next season so we'll need another youngster.

Milligan won't play for us, he'll go overseas after the Olympics........

C

curious

The Camel said:
Ty Owens is not in the academy as he plays first grade in the Northern NSW State League in Newcastle. I cant remember who for might be Pheonix.
He hasn't been with Phoenix since just after the preseason cup last season Camel.

poetryintheblood

Sad to see Andre Gumprecht go, he's a dedicated player, keepers are definitely Tommy, Matty Simon, Andrew, John Aloisi, and Danny, all great contributors to the game and team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred