• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A-league Crowds

MagpieMariner

Another factor affecting crowds, I think, is the quality of the football being dished up. I watched the Jest-Roar match on Sunday. Fair dinkum I would've demanded my money back if I'd paid to see that. The only excitement was when Zadko got marched.
Look at the Roar stats too - 4 matches for 2 goals. What a load of rubbish.

Jesus

Jesus
Another factor affecting crowds, I think, is the quality of the football being dished up. I watched the Jest-Roar match on Sunday. Fair dinkum I would've demanded my money back if I'd paid to see that. The only excitement was when Zadko got marched.
Look at the Roar stats too - 4 matches for 2 goals. What a load of rubbish.

There have been some dull matches, but generally very good from what i have seen. Some great matches too.

My maths tells me 8575 for average so far. But i think that will lift from next weekend.

This week
GC vs Well = 3k max
CCM vs Fury i am hoping closer to 10k
Perth vs brisbane should be 10-11
Syd v adel should be around 10 with decent weather
Leaving Melbourne derby which they will surely be hoping for a sell out

So should average 10k this week (2 weeks) with a good derby crowd

Matt--Simon

And there it is the weekend that ended the NRL and AFL seasons. Now comes the moment of truth in the coming weeks. Will the crowds get bigger as other sports seasons have finished. Will the crowds come in the summer months where the weather is warmer or will the crowds stay the same have the Australian people lost interest in the A-League.

Jesus

Jesus
i think the average has been knocked a little bonus due to alot of shit weather compared to past seasons

MagpieMariner

Hopefully, the very positive report in the terrorgraph (so OK, just one page of football, but on a weekend with both major codes grannies on, not bad) about our game Saturday will attract bigger crowds.
I watched the Roar - Glory game yesterday and if that display doesn't pull future bigger crowds then we have real problems. I find it hard to believe the Roar team is the same one I watched play the Jest a month ago. Brilliant end-to-end stuff, and if you weren't excited by that, call 000 I think you've died.

northernspirit

comment about quality is crap
quality of the league has never been better, theres always been those crap matches - you even get them in the EPL, but overall the quality is of a far better standard than in previous seasons

bad weather and scheduling has hampered crowds so far, now egg balls done the scheduling will improve, with a few less rainy gamedays we will have a good idea where we really stand

more needs to be done to promote games though, hopefully FFA has been holding out for egg ball to finish to start ramping up the marketing.

Wee-mac

Rumours are there will be major advertising campaign scheduled for egg ball season finish, sooo soon

Jesus

Jesus
major is not the right word. FFA doesnt have the cash for a major marketing campaign.

That said it will be a campign that involves most of the FFA's marketing budget

midfielder

maybe the answer http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703989304575503821229703834.html?mod=e2tw#articleTabs%3Darticle

Forum Phoenix

30K sell out in Melb will help things a long a little.

And there's some great football being played and plenty of drama.
I think things are really about to come good.

Jesus

Jesus
loved the derby. Should build heart fans, as well as extra fans for the rematch at jihad dome.

Think it would have rated pretty decent on tv too.

This weeks games will be interesting

Fury v perth
Melb v syd
Bris v New
GC v Ade
Well v heart

And weds is
Bris v ccm

As far as crowds go i think one, as with last week should be nudging 10k average.
Hoping fury can push to 6.5-7k with league done and dusted.
Big blue (super shit name) should be aiming 20k+ though may be a touch under
Brisbane romped home last start and with league over i think 8-10k
GC as per usual around 3k though i think just over this time, maybe gaining on 4k depending on weather
Wellington, i think this could be a chance of 10k, again dependent on a rare nice day in wellington this time of year

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred