• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A-league Crowds

Jesus

Jesus
Always like to keep an eye on the crowds.

Apparently Heart are hoping for 15k, probably around 10k.

But Perth have already sold 15k out of 20k for their match, so should be a sellout.

Could be a good year i think for crowds :)

kevrenor

Always like to keep an eye on the crowds.

Apparently Heart are hoping for 15k, probably around 10k.

But Perth have already sold 15k out of 20k for their match, so should be a sellout.

Could be a good year i think for crowds :)

Let's hope so.

The Reds should get 12K to their preferred Friday night.

I wouldn't think that the Smurfs will top 17K on Sat even with the Tards coming.

northernspirit

lol good call

11,000 heart, good effort on a thursday night - will be interesting how many were curious victory supporters and how many will reguarly attend, that avg over this season would be a success imo

big crowd in perth and same in adelaide should be a good round, sydney to be 15k-17k imo, theyre poor with crowds and lack of media coverage isnt helping

midfielder

Inbreds... 8, 478 was only 4 degrees not a bad crowd...
Heart ... 11, 050 on a Thursday night and it was very cold... not bad ...
Perth ... 16, 019 Brilliant and many turned away as they could not get in reports are saying...
Sydney ... 12, 106 ... HHHHHHMMMMMMMM huge build up lots of press playing Melbourne ... not a good sign .. get the Rovers in fast...

midfielder

Inbreds... 8, 478 was only 4 degrees not a bad crowd...
Heart ... 11, 050 on a Thursday night and it was very cold... not bad ...
Perth ... 16, 019 Brilliant and many turned away as they could not get in reports are saying...
Sydney ... 12, 106 ... HHHHHHMMMMMMMM huge build up lots of press playing Melbourne ... not a good sign .. get the Rovers in fast...

Roar ... 6, 394 piss poor but maybe not by Fold Coast standards..

Total for R1 .... 54, 047 average ... 10, 809

Last year opening round ... 68, 156 ... average ... 13, 631

Next week

Bogan Scum
Tards
Sheep Shargers
Fury
Mariners...

northernspirit

Was hoping the world cup would give attendances a kick along but evidently its done little to nothing to that effect... Personally, im fine with avg attendances being 10,000+ for a national league here - its just that these crowds in what are often some of the biggest stadia in australia which means lots of empty seats.

Would love to see boutique stadium for clubs like SFC and Brisbane but it isnt going to happen.

MrCelery

Less than last year - worrying trend.

Comparing apples and oranges though.

I just hope we're not heading for pre-A-League crowds. I doubt it.

Fold Coast is the biggest worry. Rubbish.

northernspirit

gcu is rubbish
but are we comparing apples with apples?

i.e - did melb victory host first round game last season? if so that would have increased avg attendance for that round, they were away 1st round this season

Forum Phoenix

Yep, MV against us last season.
And Fold Coast were at Suncorp for a bigger crowd than at skilled *shakes head*
Switch those two games, and we would have at least been 5k up on last years opening round.

Crowds look fine really. We'll build people, give it time.
GCU are the only real issue... hopefully they will sign Nuno Gomez and it helps.
Also possibly but hopefully not Fury... who believe they will get 8 to 10k this week.
Heart have done well!

northernspirit

so all in all round 1 avg attendance is quite good imo
fury have apparently sold more memberships than last season and their crowds built last season towards the end... GCU are the new N.Z Knights, question is will they still be around in 5~ years if fat clive pulls the plug.. doubtful imo

Jesus

Jesus
All in all crowds were good i thought. Heart did well for thurs.

Perth did well, may have sold more if not for their member ticket problems.

Adelaide was going to be less than last year after wooden spoon i thought.

Sydney didnt surprise me. They played 3 of their last 4 games against melbourne or something. It was also a heavy schedule in sydney last weekend.

I still think Sydney vs Melb has to be after nrl/alf finish to bring up averages. Sydney Vs us round 1 would have got a similar or bigger crowd.

GC crowd was dissapointing, last time they played at GC was like 10k, though mainly roar fans it seemed. Maybe less made the trek, but doesnt look like GC have added to their support from last year.

Hopefully Roar dont have that problem.

Next week should be interesting.

3pm will diminish our crowd i think with lots of people playing their own games. Especially annoying since is purely for fox as no other sunday games.

Wellington should be looking for a decent crowd

Melb at home will lift the average, and hopefully they have not lost much to heart. Fowler usually brings some out anyway.

Hopefully the scummers have done some work in off season to change their shit crowds last year, worse than GC for me

Fury vs sydney should get a decent crowd, especially after a good showing last week

northernspirit

Wellington should be getting 15k+ following on from their W.C and also last season... Melb Vic have only lost a small number of memberships from last season so crowds for them should be similar maybe a little smaller...

Hopefully the renewed confidence this season will see our gate improve, last year was dissapointing

midfielder

A-League 09/10 Regular Season average attendance by team
Total 1,322,475 Average 9,796

Team Average
Melbourne Victory 20,750
Sydney FC 12,987
Adelaide United 10,765
--------------------------------- Average 9,796
Perth Glory 9,205
Wellington Phoenix 8,965
Brisbane Roar 8,650
Central Coast Mariners 7,430
North Queensland Fury 6,723
Newcastle Jets 6,358
Gold Coast United 5,392

See Scum were up and Nix in that weather was equal to a 12K + crowd Glory on the improve so it not looking that bad... Mariners tomorrow ........ 10.5 K

yellowcake

I guess this is the thing. I kept a spreadsheet on crowds all though V1 and would have expected better than this between V1 and V5

A-League 09/10 Regular Season average attendance by team
Total 1,322,475 Average 9,796

Team Average
Melbourne Victory 20,750
Sydney FC 12,987
Adelaide United 10,765
--------------------------------- Average 9,796
Perth Glory 9,205
Wellington Phoenix 8,965
Brisbane Roar 8,650
Central Coast Mariners 7,430
North Queensland Fury 6,723
Newcastle Jets 6,358
Gold Coast United 5,392

A-League 05/06 Regular Season average attendance by team
Total 920,291 Average 10,995
V1 21 rounds x4 games (84); V5 27 rounds x5 games (135)

Team Average
Sydney FC 16,669
Queensland Roar 14,785
Melbourne Victory 14,158 (playing out of Olympic Park, pushing capacity)
--------------------------------- Average 10,995
Adelaide United 10,947
Perth Glory 9,734
Newcastle Jets 8,912
Central Coast Mariners 7,899
New Zealand Knights 3,909 (you know what happened there)

So... more people went to the football, which is good. But only MVFC, who moved to a larger capacity venue and the NZ side re-emerging in a new city have actually increased crowds.

samster

5,177 for north queensland, reckon they might get more if they keep playing like they are

Melbourne vs Perth looks to have a good crowd 20k+

Jesus

Jesus
5,177 for north queensland, reckon they might get more if they keep playing like they are

Melbourne vs Perth looks to have a good crowd 20k+

Unfortunately for the fury the FFA scheduled their 1st home game simultaneous to the cowboys playing the titans in the nrl.

I think when you look at a place like townsville with 180k people, you have to assume some supporters are following both, and with fury a year old, and cowboys at business end, you have to avoid that dont you?

Fury should have played sunday or at least kicked off at the later time so as people who watched the nrl could make an attempt to get to the fury game, or watch it on tv at least

midfielder

This weeks crowds

Adelaide v Heart 7,370
Perth v Newcastle 12,031
Brisbane v Sydney 10,339
Wellington v CC 9,553
MV v NQ 13,318

Crowds to date

R1...54, 047
R2...51, 071 ... adjusted for a latter release of the MV crowd from 17 to 20 K...
R3...52, 631

Average crowd to date... 10, 517 ...

Next week is the big challenge ... to keep over 50 K... with Fury, Fold Coast & Heart at home and needing Sydney & Brisbane to get over 30 K, to keep at 50 K per week...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred