• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2022/23 Season

Meerkat

So apparently we lost 4-2 to the Bulls in what I assume is one of our last pre-season games… did we win any?
Not looking great.

turbo

Preseason form means nothing. Let's see how we go when it counts
True, we could overcome a slow start for our finals hopes but it could let our Asian campaign get away from us pretty quickly if we start poorly. Would have liked to heard we won 1 for a bit of confidence. The only positive thing we have to go on is taking a rusty Sydney side to penalties in horrible conditions. Can’t be doing great things for the mood in the squad

pjennings

Aydan Hammond rumoured to be heading to WSW?
Along with his brother apparently who is currently a free agent.

TBH I can see Doka (who I think will be deployed further up than RB) and Theohaurus in front of him in his favoured position so he may feel that his chances will be blocked.

I would like to see a RB/CB signed to fight Storm for his spot and cover or more likely start at RCB. At the end of the season and his contract Storm will be 31. i hope he plays as well as last season and will be renewed but I'd also like to sign his long term successor. With Sasha out for the season he can't even be groomed for that. I'd like to see a cheeky approach to Fran Karacic who is over 3 years younger than Storm and has been a free agent for a couple of months now.

Last edited:

turbo

And not because the mood is completely shit which is what I’m hearing ?
I don't know how it couldn't be bad tbh. You've got a squad who either would run through walls for Monty, or were excited by the prospect of working with him and it was a factor in signing for us. The last week or two has dragged out a bit as an onlooker never mind being a player in the middle of it all. They need time to process and deal with that. Plus the uncertainty of his replacement hanging over the squad and lack of preseason positive results - even if you're trying things multiple 4 goal losses aren't good for confidence.

The club needs to get the replacement sorted out so the cloud isnt hanging around longer than necessary and squad can move forward.

JoyfulPenguin

We have a good enough side on paper to make finals.

Apart from City and the Wanderers everyone else is clearly recruiting from the bargain bin.

midfielder

Time will tell how well we have managed the sale of players and replacements... as a development club its what we are going to get used too.

There are two variables we don't know until say a third into the season... how much if any other sides have improved .... and have we replaced the players sold with equal or better quality....

Just based on media reports, Perth, MV, SFC, WSW, Roar, Nix all seem to have stronger squads.... Cows, Western United, Jerks, seem to be about the same... MC not sure.... AU weaker....

Our squad, on key players sold... and replaced...

Cummings... replacement Koul,
Beni ... replacement Torres
Sammy S .... replacement.... upgrade of Theo
Nectar ...... replacement ?????? Paul ????
Moresch.... replacement ?????? seems to be DHW
MacGarry .... replacement Mikael Doka [Doka is right footed but we have Farrell} also Smith on left.

Lots of potential..

Biggest I suppose is who is going to be the new coach,

FFC Mariner

Time will tell how well we have managed the sale of players and replacements... as a development club its what we are going to get used too.

There are two variables we don't know until say a third into the season... how much if any other sides have improved .... and have we replaced the players sold with equal or better quality....

Just based on media reports, Perth, MV, SFC, WSW, Roar, Nix all seem to have stronger squads.... Cows, Western United, Jerks, seem to be about the same... MC not sure.... AU weaker....

Our squad, on key players sold... and replaced...

Cummings... replacement Koul,
Beni ... replacement Torres
Sammy S .... replacement.... upgrade of Theo
Nectar ...... replacement ?????? Paul ????
Moresch.... replacement ?????? seems to be DHW
MacGarry .... replacement Mikael Doka [Doka is right footed but we have Farrell} also Smith on left.

Lots of potential..

Biggest I suppose is who is going to be the new coach,
Ted Lasso.
#Believe

Big Dog

They played 3 x 45min. It was 2-2 after 90. Last 45 was basically NPL players.
Also, some players not available. Players being rotated. We also started our pre season a few weeks behind others and played almost immediately coming out of a tough pre season training trip. Still work to do but hearing there were some really positive signs yesterday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred