• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2021/22 Memberships

Ozhammer

I can’t say what I can’t say sorry guys but am just trying to provide some balance to the debate. Staj has made his decision and as disappointed as many folks may understandably be about the situation, my view is that it can and will be recovered.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I can’t say what I can’t say sorry guys but am just trying to provide some balance to the debate. Staj has made his decision and as disappointed as many folks may understandably be about the situation, my view is that it can and will be recovered.
Appreciate what you're trying to do - but on the flip side, if neither Staj nor the club are going to be honest with us about what happened, then we have every right to arbitrarily pick and choose to who blame and how much to be angry at them.

scottmac

Suspended
They're is no coaching appointment that can make up for another walking away from their only job and the club doing nothing about it. Just means if the next guy (or girl) gets it right by the way of a miracle, they've got the platform to do the exact same thing.
Unless they can get the whole spine of this team back on the books (very very unlikely) then it's just rinse and repeat. We've made no ground, the non rusted on supporter is pissed and feeling like a sucker, and we are the laughing stock of the league. Again.
Only we could do this and that IS the fault of our cock sucking owner. He wants to sell it however is willing to see it devalued before its sold.....????

The only way this would be acceptable is if they've found a new owner and Staj disagrees with the decision to sell to that entity so walks.

Charlie1

A few senior players didn’t see eye to eye with staj and didn’t want to play under him next season so the club and staj agreed to part ways as they thought it would be easier to replace a coach rather than 3-4 senior players

yorkshireman

A few senior players didn’t see eye to eye with staj and didn’t want to play under him next season so the club and staj agreed to part ways as they thought it would be easier to replace a coach rather than 3-4 senior players
fact or speculation?

true believer

I am now having serious doubts about my. early decision.
I have been the g.reatest proponent where there is life there is hope on this forum for many years.
If I am now thinking this way, I shudder to think how others are feeling about committing.
I fear the news about Staj could be the end
yep i committed early . i believe now i squandered 1600 bucks on the best seats.
if there is a 2023 .i will be going the GA only . as this reflects the owners tepid commitment

Last edited:

Ancient Mariner

yep i committed early . i believe now i squandered 1600 bucks on the best seats.
if there is a 2023 .i will be going the GA only . as this reflects the owners tepid commitment
No, that post was just my early knee jerk reaction. I am over it now and happy to renew. It is all just part of being a true football supporter.
No way while the Club is still in the league will I give up the best seats in the house and happy to build a family dynasty of support.
Bring on next season with a new coach who knows how to make subs and get most of the squad some decent game time throughout the season.

Looking forward to a new owner, 3 more years of Marco Urena while he does his coaching tickets, settles on the Coast and follows Monty's lead.

This Club is young and fragile at the moment. It has always been the underfed runt of the litter who fought above its weight to survive. But I have seen enough (the players, the culture, the fans, the behind the scenes workers, the Academy and youth set up, the only true regional club, even the supporters trust) to see that it is something different and special compared to the others.
It has the possibility, with the right care to become a monster in Australian football.
I am here for as much of the ride as I am able.

You gotta stay positive.

true believer

No, that post was just my early knee jerk reaction. I am over it now and happy to renew. It is all just part of being a true football supporter.
No way while the Club is still in the league will I give up the best seats in the house and happy to build a family dynasty of support.
Bring on next season with a new coach who knows how to make subs and get most of the squad some decent game time throughout the season.

Looking forward to a new owner, 3 more years of Marco Urena while he does his coaching tickets, settles on the Coast and follows Monty's lead.

This Club is young and fragile at the moment. It has always been the underfed runt of the litter who fought above its weight to survive. But I have seen enough (the players, the culture, the fans, the behind the scenes workers, the Academy and youth set up, the only true regional club, even the supporters trust) to see that it is something different and special compared to the others.
It has the possibility, with the right care to become a monster in Australian football.
I am here for as much of the ride as I am able.

You gotta stay positive.
a spoon next year will see wollongong playing in our spot .
there appears to be no new owner on the horizon nor urena's confirmed retention .
under the circumstances .no news is poison

turbo

under the circumstances .no news is poison
Not quite. Media deal and private investment is only very recent. We now know the stadium rights go up in a couple of weeks. All big factors in what our license is worth to a buyer or seller. Might have been cheaper to pick us up 6 months ago depending on how this next month goes.

Blackadder

Why would we need to extend the contract now? He was contracted to the end of 21/22, not this season.
More the fact he reportedly asked for more funds , was ignored and no talk about a new contract beyond 21/22 when most (all) organisations would of at least had preliminary talks.
Easy to see why Staj felt he didn't have the support of MC.

rbakersmith

More the fact he reportedly asked for more funds , was ignored and no talk about a new contract beyond 21/22 when most (all) organisations would of at least had preliminary talks.
Easy to see why Staj felt he didn't have the support of MC.
Most organisations aren't openly on the market though. If MC signed Staj to a multi-year contract then a potential buyer needs to take that into consideration as a liability.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

It's interesting, i felt duped and let down when i heard about this. Then i started thinking about the product i got this year for the price i paid and it was undoubtedly a bargain. Next year... we'll see.... need plenty of good off season news that's for sure.
yep, valid, you won't be the only one.

With all the shit we've put up with from this club, I'm not even surprised that they managed to burn the goodwill and support from a great season.

I really, really hope the club has some good news lined up - and I don't think any re-contracting news of any of our players will cut it.

Wombat

OzHammer is very considered and controlled in what he says and does. If he is painting a positive picture then we can all breath alot easier.

Ozhammer

OzHammer is very considered and controlled in what he says and does. If he is painting a positive picture then we can all breath alot easier.
Thanks Jim appreciate your kind words, although on reflection I probably allowed my emotions to get the better of me in this instance said more than I should have. As I subsequently posted, there are no doubt two sides to this story, with the truth somewhere in between. I believe Staj is both an honourable and genuine man and if someone like that wants to step aside, we all need to respect it.

For me though, there is an opportunity here to let someone like Monty step up to see what he can offer the club. He would no doubt be hungry and ambitious and knows the club inside out, so should be able to hit the ground running. He also knows all about the financial and resourcing challenges, so none of that would be a surprise to him.

scottmac

Suspended
Thanks Jim appreciate your kind words, although on reflection I probably allowed my emotions to get the better of me in this instance said more than I should have. As I subsequently posted, there are no doubt two sides to this story, with the truth somewhere in between. I believe Staj is both an honourable and genuine man and if someone like that wants to step aside, we all need to respect it.

For me though, there is an opportunity here to let someone like Monty step up to see what he can offer the club. He would no doubt be hungry and ambitious and knows the club inside out, so should be able to hit the ground running. He also knows all about the financial and resourcing challenges, so none of that would be a surprise to him.
Monty will be a disaster. You can't put a rookie coach in this position. Monty has zero runs on the board, not even NPL. You can't learn your trade under this horseshit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami