• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2020/21 Other A-League Games

style_cafe

Yep and Brebner seems to have lost the dressing room with players looking very unhappy, the Gestede penalty was a WTF??? and how did he not get his second yellow is beyond me. Brebner's days are numbered for sure. As I've said before they don't even look like a good team waiting to gel, they just look rubbish. And to think we saved them from the spoon last year. Not this year.
The referee deemed that there was no intent or malice in the Gestede penalty.
It was reckless but he didn`t intend to hurt anyone, therefore no card...:popcorn:

style_cafe

This is why the salary cap is important for me, Victory, Sydney and City have been able to hide their deficiencies with money, they can't do that this season as all the clubs are basically spending the same amount. The development of "super clubs" would be detrimental to the development of players in this country.
so where does WSW come into this way of thinking.
I agree with what you`ve said JP but WSW are just giving every other club the middle finger...:popcorn:

JoyfulPenguin

I hate how clubs like Victory and the Wanderers are treated when they are struggling, they are the "biggest clubs in the competition" so they have some god given right to be top of the league? All the commentators do is whine about how terrible it is for a club like Victory to be bottom, they didn't give a rats about our successive spoons except to suggest we should be kicked out of the league, no such suggestion would ever be levelled at Victory.

JoyfulPenguin

I agree with what you`ve said JP but WSW are just giving every other club the middle finger...:popcorn:
Clearly the monitoring of the salary cap was not thought about during the decoupling from the artist formerly known as the FFA. That's not particularly surprising considering it was done mostly by CFG's consultants and the clubs who would benefit most from a lack of oversight. Realistically this should be the one thing still under Football Australia's control as there is a clear conflict of interest from every party involved in the APL.

turbo

The referee deemed that there was no intent or malice in the Gestede penalty.
It was reckless but he didn`t intend to hurt anyone, therefore no card...:popcorn:
Reckless is enough for a yellow. I don’t think he had the guts to send him (2nd yellow) after keeping Dorrans on the pitch earlier.

turbo

Lederer is one of the blokes keeping the lights on at the Jets and I believe the chairman of the body for the A league clubs. They’ve probably decided to look the other way for ‘the good of the league’ knowing that a healthy WSW means bums on seats and metro viewers.

Forum Phoenix

Yeah. It’s a tricky balance. I believe in the salary cap too.
I hate how clubs like Victory and the Wanderers are treated when they are struggling, they are the "biggest clubs in the competition" so they have some god given right to be top of the league? All the commentators do is whine about how terrible it is for a club like Victory to be bottom, they didn't give a rats about our successive spoons except to suggest we should be kicked out of the league, no such suggestion would ever be levelled at Victory.
so true. Harper called them two of the most important clubs the other night. just pathetic.

Last edited:

Huddo

how is the first goal not off side ? clearly there is a different rule for protected spices.
boza was gushing about methtown . another new low for fox commentary team .

I dunno how the first wasn't an offside, if the adilaide keeper had supposedly acknowledged Oar by stopping or deviating, the fox commentator believed that would have justified a pen. But because he didn't, it must be judged that oar didn't interfere with play, even though he attempted to play at the ball. It just doesn't make sense.
On another note Veart got it all wrong, no press, player positions, interchanges, corrective action, tactics, he was very mediocre last night.

Last edited:

pjennings

I dunno how the first wasn't an offside, if the adilaide keeper had supposedly acknowledged Oar by stopping or deviating, the fox commentator believed that would have justified a pen. But because he didn't, it must be judged that oar didn't interfere with play, even though he attempted to play at the ball. It just doesn't make sense.
On another note Veart got it all wrong, no press, player positions, interchanges, corrective action, tactics, he was very mediocre last night.
Not only that but the keeper sets up near Oar to the right of his goal leaving him stranded when the shor comes from the right

Last edited:

true believer

As soon as oar played at the ball its offside . Gee adeliade are a low side .
Could veart be out before bremnier and kisnorbo ?

Forum Phoenix

how is the first goal not off side ? clearly there is a different rule for protected spices.
boza was gushing about methtown . another new low for fox commentary team .
f**king crazy. pretending it didn’t impact the keeper, as if the keepers eyeline wouldn’t have been pulled by Oars jump and near miss or it didn’t at least mentally put him in two minds.

But now suddenly you can play at the ball, miss by an inch and be within two metres of the final play and it all doesn’t matter. Total BS. So much incompetence in Australian refereeing still. Every one makes mistakes and can miss things. But when VAR calls it up and you get a second chance to look at something on video and the rules are clear - we still somehow manage to make it about personal interpretations and have referees making constant obvious f**king errors.

it’s a serious detriment to our product.

Forum Phoenix

Yeah because they’re psychic, I think he does slow in his decision to get across too. Just because he doesn’t start and stop doesn’t mean he wasn’t effected. But luckily they’re all mind readers and know when a player can clearly interfere with play but it doesn’t matter,

And re Veart, they were so f**king listless and easy to shut down I found it bizarre,

turbo

Brisbane v Newcastle a pretty ugly game in heavy wind. Scoreless draw good for us and raises a few questions about Brisbane hitting a competent backline

Forum Phoenix

Brisbane v Newcastle a pretty ugly game in heavy wind. Scoreless draw good for us and raises a few questions about Brisbane hitting a competent backline
Yeah I think the jets are clearly better defensively than AU or Victory - roar have just been able to carry the ball upfield so easily. Not going to happen against us. AU will try to rebound of course. But I think we have too much for them as long as we stay focused and keep working to improve.

Last edited:

turbo

Bloody Brenton Speed suggesting players go down to win fouls multiple times, what the actual hell.
He’s not wrong though. Davila could have forced a red card (2nd yellow) decision for being held back at one stage but he pushed on and it came to nothing. Another time Broxham left a trailing leg that would have been a penalty too. Perhaps a goal then would have sparked something, but the nix got the result they deserved with that performance.
I don’t think it says a lot for Victory and we’ll see how they back up for WU and City.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami