• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2018 Pre-Season Games ...... yes they exist !!

pjennings

I think time will tell. I actually think we are much stronger. We have 4 good CB's in Cisse, Golec, Aspro and Rowles. Clisby is looking like the best LB we have had in years. RB still a problem but McGing can do the job and is better for last years experience. We have 2 decent DM's and forward players that do alot of defensive tracking back.

Tend to agree that we do look a lot stronger defensively. That said GK and RB will probably be the next areas that need strengthening.

Offsider

Tend to agree that we do look a lot stronger defensively. That said GK and RB will probably be the next areas that need strengthening.

Don’t share your optimism about the defensive cb’s. Golec and aspro are still underdone health wise and Rowles didn’t look at all comfortable the other night in the trial. Hope they prove me wrong but I only recognise their potential at the moment. O’neil is a bit of an enigma ??

JoyfulPenguin

Very concerned about whether Golec and Aspro will return immediately to their past form, if they don't we are in trouble as Rowles really struggles with his defensive positioning. I don't think Rowles is ready for regular A-League game time and although he has shown promise with some good tackles and aerial victories I fear he is a long way off being A-League ready. Cisse is an unknown quality, and while Mulvey knows him from his time in Malaysia his comments that he was going to retire before the call from Mulvey are definitely concerning as well as his limited performance against Adelaide.

pjennings

Very concerned about whether Golec and Aspro will return immediately to their past form, if they don't we are in trouble as Rowles really struggles with his defensive positioning. I don't think Rowles is ready for regular A-League game time and although he has shown promise with some good tackles and aerial victories I fear he is a long way off being A-League ready. Cisse is an unknown quality, and while Mulvey knows him from his time in Malaysia his comments that he was going to retire before the call from Mulvey are definitely concerning as well as his limited performance against Adelaide.

I haven't seen Aspro but Golec surprised me with his fitness and form in pre-season. I really thought he would be a lot further away. Cisse, while he looked a bit short of run early he now looks much better. He is also a defender that won't think twice about taking the safety first option(something that Okon would not have liked but I find refreshing)

I expect us to line up something like this on the weekend.

Kennedy
McGing Cisse Golec Clisby
McGlinchey Hiariej
Murray Oar
McCormack
Simon

Bench: Pearce, Rowles, Shabow, Gamerio, O'Neill or Melling,

Last edited:

Antlion

I think time will tell. I actually think we are much stronger. We have 4 good CB's in Cisse, Golec, Aspro and Rowles. Clisby is looking like the best LB we have had in years. RB still a problem but McGing can do the job and is better for last years experience. We have 2 decent DM's and forward players that do alot of defensive tracking back.
I agree with this but think it might take up to a 3rd of a season before being solid due to gelling/injuries etc. You're right though - the defence should be solid enough in time

Tevor

I haven't seen Aspro but Golec surprised me with his fitness and from in pre-season. I really thought he would be a lot further away. Cisse, while he looked a bit short of run early he now looks much better. He is also a defender that won't think twice about taking the safety first option(something that Okon would not have liked but I find refreshing)

I expect us to line up something like this on the weekend.

Kennedy
McGlinchey Hiariej
Murray Oar
McCormack
Simon

Bench: Pearce, Rowles, Shabow, Gamerio, O'Neill or Melling,
Some harsh critics but I don’t think you are too far from the first team sheet PJ.

Offsider

It'll put bums on seats and eyes on TVs but why would it return members?

If you would please stay with me for a serious moment ........ which for me are very rare as you know......... I will try and explain it to you.:innocent:

If you relate a sales chart to a pyramid .......... very wide base, pointy top. The number of sales are marked on the chart relative to the pyramids height. The number of people asked to become members represented on the horizontal graph.
The base is the work that goes in to making a sale. The top is the number of sales acquired.
You cant just come in and widen the top of the pyramid to make for more sales. You have to widen the base ...... and the top will grow higher naturally.
Bolt has widened the base of the pyramid a hundred fold to where it was when mc tried to shift to north sydney ....... if you get my drift.
Numbers will grow over time from the increased exposure naturally.

Let me give you an example .........
I’m sure you were told as a lad that if you ask a woman for sex enough times you will eventually get a positive reply. Maybe like one in a hundred.............. ie. if you ask 100 ladies to have sex eventually one will say ok :vhappy:.......... so the base of your triangle is 100 and your conquests measured on the vertical graph being 1. There are a few things that can be done to increase your strike rate like say 50 to 1 by ......... maybe putting a rolled up sock in your trouser pocket.:rolleyes:
Bringing in Bolt has widened the base of the ccm triangle and because of his following and wonderful genuine public connection will increase the strike rate dramatically ............ not least anything to do relative to his enormous shoe size or where he carries his spare sox ???
The effect of his involvment will be felt for many seasons as the young kids at the trial games and watching on tv grow to emulate his playing football dreams.
Stroke of genius:cheers:.

Antlion

If you would please stay with me for a serious moment ........ which for me are very rare as you know......... I will try and explain it to you.:innocent:

If you relate a sales chart to a pyramid .......... very wide base, pointy top. The number of sales are marked on the chart relative to the pyramids height. The number of people asked to become members represented on the horizontal graph.
The base is the work that goes in to making a sale. The top is the number of sales acquired.
You cant just come in and widen the top of the pyramid to make for more sales. You have to widen the base ...... and the top will grow higher naturally.
Bolt has widened the base of the pyramid a hundred fold to where it was when mc tried to shift to north sydney ....... if you get my drift.
Numbers will grow over time from the increased exposure naturally.

Let me give you an example .........
I’m sure you were told as a lad that if you ask a woman for sex enough times you will eventually get a positive reply. Maybe like one in a hundred.............. ie. if you ask 100 ladies to have sex eventually one will say ok :vhappy:.......... so the base of your triangle is 100 and your conquests measured on the vertical graph being 1. There are a few things that can be done to increase your strike rate like say 50 to 1 by ......... maybe putting a rolled up sock in your trouser pocket.:rolleyes:
Bringing in Bolt has widened the base of the ccm triangle and because of his following and wonderful genuine public connection will increase the strike rate dramatically ............ not least anything to do relative to his enormous shoe size or where he carries his spare sox ???
The effect of his involvment will be felt for many seasons as the young kids at the trial games and watching on tv grow to emulate his playing football dreams.
Stroke of genius:cheers:.
Wow you really have come round on this

I agree, and well said. There is still a massive amount of potential, and I think it might prove a shame if it all ends now. Imagine worldwide shirt sales if he signed and played

Offsider

I agree, and well said. There is still a massive amount of potential, and I think it might prove a shame if it all ends now. Imagine worldwide shirt sales if he signed and played

Because ............ there was enough information / comments from people that knew, enabling appreciation of the deal.

Lid off the bickie tin time ........... what not to like.............. but still regard mc as an enigma.

adz

Staff member
Haha yay :D

Generally don't need to lock threads though, it should die out of its own accord...

Wombat

Kennedy
Wee mac O'Neill Hiariej Oar
McCormack Simon

Bench: Pearce, Rowles, Shabow, Gamerio if fit, if not Pain
Let’s all not forget that Hoole was the player that failed to show up for training after one of Oklic’s fabled mini-breaks, which resulted in him being benched for a week (or should that be weak?) - At the time I thought he should have been frozen out for longer or kept on the bench as an unused sub to send a clear message but we all know how poor Okon was at instilling discipline don’t we?

Hoole has a lot of ground to make up due to his disrupted pre-season and it will be interesting to see if he follows Gamiero’s example by just digging in and working even harder.

He was still limping last week.

style_cafe

The FFA would love that...:popcorn:We pay they make the profit

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami