• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2018 Pre-Season Games ...... yes they exist !!

MagpieMariner

I miss the days when the supporters groups all invited each other to 'their' bar for away trips.
Well, all except for MV supporters, they were the only ones too good for that. Typical from them as we now know.

Always disappointing to hear of that sort of shit. We are all supporters of the game. Nobody should ever be made to feel unsafe because of their jersey or allegiance.
Re the MV supporters, I remember a few years ago there were a number of them in the Kendall Bar before a match, and we had a very enjoyable singing match, they sang their songs and we sang ours (well, not I, I make an owl with laryngitis sound like Pavarotti), it was all good fun and we all went out together in good spirits. I remember the chap with the bagpipes was there, really made the place jump.
My son-in-law & I went down to Melbourne one other time to watch Tommy R get his first goal, Sains to get a straight red & Kewell beat us with a screamer. When we came out after the game, all the MV guys were very friendly, thanked us for coming down and gave us no grief at all. Perhaps they may not have been so friendly had they lost, lol.
My point is, most supporter groups are good, it's only a dick-head minority that give the majority a bad name.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Re the MV supporters, I remember a few years ago there were a number of them in the Kendall Bar before a match, and we had a very enjoyable singing match, they sang their songs and we sang ours (well, not I, I make an owl with laryngitis sound like Pavarotti), it was all good fun and we all went out together in good spirits. I remember the chap with the bagpipes was there, really made the place jump.
My son-in-law & I went down to Melbourne one other time to watch Tommy R get his first goal, Sains to get a straight red & Kewell beat us with a screamer. When we came out after the game, all the MV guys were very friendly, thanked us for coming down and gave us no grief at all. Perhaps they may not have been so friendly had they lost, lol.
My point is, most supporter groups are good, it's only a dick-head minority that give the majority a bad name.
I remember those days, though I also remember they told us to 'go jump' when we tried to connect with them at the start.
Most supporters of all teams are fine and keep it in context. Though the official groups of some teams leave a bit to be desired. MV fans have always had a bit of a superiority complex.

scottmac

Suspended
I never have nor ever will be a Euro snob, I have supported solely Heart and the Mariners. My introduction to football was through the A-League and Socceroos, I have never once in my life gotten up to watch a stupid f**king game on the other side of the world unless the Soceroos or another Australian was playing. I attend the NPL and watch as many live streams of the NPL as I possibly can, I have f**king commentated NPL matches, how bloody dare you call me a Euro snob you muppet. I champion Australian football at every turn I have been a member of the Mariners every year since I became a fan, I have written f**king reports on our former academy players and how they are going in the NPL. Do not f**king call me a Eurosnob you pretentious assumption making prick. I want us to pick our own players, our players in the NPL, like f**king Jordan Murray or Themba Muata-Marlow. We need our own stars not pathetic transplants from codes desperately trying to still be relevant when they can't run anymore. If Bolt had been trailing in the year Jedinak was here would he have ever gotten a contract? Read McKinna's interview, he never would of if we're to give opportunities to celebrities and we would of lost our own great Australian sportsman. We do not need Bolt, we do not need his fake celebrity status to be a good football club.
Woo slow down there. Euro snob had nothing to do with football there champ. You were denigrating the best that's ever been in a discipline that's existed for time immemorial through what seems to be ignorance. I didn't question your football "loyalty" Chill the f**k out.

Edit just saw the other post JP. Alll g mate.

Last edited:

marinermick

I must of been standing in the wrong part of Belmore Oval then cause I could walk to the station after the game with nary a problem

Mr Celery had a knife pulled on him at Sydney United. Knife had the Nazi logo.

That is y\one small example. The old NSL was rife with crowd issues.

yellowcake

Most supporters of all teams are fine and keep it in context.
More often that's been my experience too, apart from the WSW incident I related above and one of their supporters unbelievably chucking a lit flare into the crowded beer-garden of PJ Gallaghers, while we were celebrating our Championship, even going to Parramatta I generally found I could make the (usually long) walk back to the car without incident and often chatting football with like-minded opposition fans.

Forum Phoenix

No, but Shaun did say that having Bolt did enable us to go after Ross and Tommy.

Whether that was by increased sponsorship interest in the Club (which I assumed) or whether MC got excited enough to open the wallet further, I do not know, but he did say it was a reason.

I do not see the reason for the heat coming from JP or Michael apart from purist zealotry.

As for saying that it has not helped memberships, I could equally argue that without the Bolt effect we would only have 2,000 members at this stage. The membership argument is drawing conclusions with incomplete data.

We are giving more than enough bench level players chances, we are giving lots of youth players chances.

The space CCM was in at the end of last season needed addressing seriously.

Grabbing Bolt has been a remarkable feat of lateral thinking that has brought an amazing result in publicity, exposure, feel good, and interest in CCM.

FFS, who would have imagined televised trial games against scratch sides for a team that did not get past the first round of the FFA cup. And every time there is one of those games it is then reported in the rest of the media for the next 24hours.

It has even turned Offsider into a glass half full poster (truly amazing result).

I see it as an fascinating chapter in the evolving history of the Central Coast Mariners and am enjoying every minute of it.

Get on board and enjoy the fun.

Love this post. Cheers Ancient.

Antlion

I was at that game too. I was aware Rogic was a gun but no one else knew him and I watched with real interest and expectation. Scored a screamer on 10 mins, was great.
Forgot about the red card actually.
But couldn't agree more, the MV fans were nothing but pleasant before and after.
I am aware there is an element of chance in who you meet though

Offsider

MC knew full well that means we either show the world a terrible product or a good one, and the former would be a disaster.

I’m not sure that I would buy that scenario :naughty:........... he may have been convinced by somebody he trusted.:popcorn:

Whatever.............. apart from a couple of rusted on diehard hasbeens on this forum :(:( the result has provided everybody with an opportunity to look towards the season with renewed optimism. :shoutclap::shoutclap:

It appears to me that we are in the mixer for a result in nearly every game :thumbup::thumbup: :cheers: As long as our “attack is the best defence” tactic keeps the ball out of our back third :-|:-|:-|:-|:-|

localpom

Definitely - defence still seems to be a weak spot
I think time will tell. I actually think we are much stronger. We have 4 good CB's in Cisse, Golec, Aspro and Rowles. Clisby is looking like the best LB we have had in years. RB still a problem but McGing can do the job and is better for last years experience. We have 2 decent DM's and forward players that do alot of defensive tracking back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred