• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Forum Phoenix

Didn’t expect to get anything out of the French except a solid dose of cheating.

But it always hurts to get your hopes up.

Solid defensive effort with really only four or five major mistakes.

Sainsbury was my MOTM

Jedi and Mooy for the most part were excellent. Kruse was anonymous. Tommy and Leckie were decent. Risdon was our worst.

Big Al

Fantastic display by the socceroos.But please can someone explain why the french player wasnt red carded for the handball,also from the replays Risdon got a touch im his tackle
It was for the trailing leg after IMO which despite my disgust probably deserved a penalty but only with bloody VAR. had to be against us who hate VAR.

Fantastic defensive effort but sloppy and slow with the ball.

Started getting very sloppy in the last 20mins.

How unlucky was their 2nd goal. Gets a deflection and just crossed the line by a bees dick.

Big Al

The turnovers and sloppy passing in the middle in transition is what hurt us under Ange. That sloppiness for 2yrs has hurt us big time tonight. Should have been stamped out a long time ago

Big Al

Sainsbury was boss. Absolutely amazing game. Definitely should be skipper after WC even though everyone will winge because he is Arnies son in law but he is our best player by far

MrCelery

Poor coaching let us down. Fancy fronting France with only 10 players. What was he thinking?
I'm talking about Kruse of course. My garden gnome would have put in a better performance.
I continue to be baffled why a player, who's resume should read "Falls over a lot. Not good for anything else", should continue to be picked.

pjennings

That Risdon tackle was not worth a penalty, or the yellow he got.

VAR ruins football.

Agree completely

Risdon got the slightest of touches;
The ball was rolling away into Ryan’s arms. Griezman was never getting it; and
Risdon got him with his trailing leg but with the combination of above the referee thought it was insufficient to blow for a penalty.

The VAR then seemed to show the only angles that didn't prove a touch on the ball from Risdon.

Very unlucky not to get a point out of the game.

We will just have to get revenge against then in the final!!!;)

Offsider

My MOTM I am still trying to decide between Sainsbury or the yellow shirts support who booed the diving disgrace to the game relative of the referee hernandez ..........:poo::poo::vomit:. it is diving players like hernandez that give referees their poor reputation. The replays showed he was playacting ......... what a disgrace .......... a real cask killer.

Nabbout is not a striker .......... but he had to play somewhere because his best position was taken by the socceroo’s “ nearly got there before I gave up, I think I am injured oh no I’m not” kruze. At least kruze didn’t get a shot to butcher or get offside I suppose in that regard he had a good game. The step up in class was not made by him he was invisible apart from some defensive work.

Risdon .......... bert’s fav player on the night because he held the three best attackers on the field all game. Watching the replay it looked like he was the first responder and Sainsbury cleaned up with his excellent reading of the resulting mayhem.

My wooden spoon of the game goes to basheer and moore. Their “pubtalk repeat everything adnauseam “ commentary drove me up the wall. Who listens to their trash when there is a bloody game going on behind their talking.????. They knew the complete playing history of every french player but couldn’t identify Sainsbury when he took a back pass from risdon ........... back to “ ”.
I hope that will shock the french out of their comfort zone so they can thrash denmark and peru and my increased expectation of the socceroos is not just that.......

Big Al

Messi with the penalty saved. The Argies with there own VAR controversy. When is a clip not a clip. Who knows

Love the Icelanders. Was a good first half before I went to bed.

Looks like the croats were killing Nigeria and should of had a couple more.

And poor Peru. Missed a penalty by a mile and had the Danish looking like Swiss cheese but the keeper kept stopping them and that back heel. Oh my so close.
Looks like we can take the Danes.

Only loosing by one was crucial for us as going to be a tight group

Big Al

Also for those that think Rogic should be at a better club than Celtic. Last night was why he isn’t. Couldn’t impose himself at all. Sure there was limited attempts to give him the ball but you watch Messi dominate a game and you can see the massive class difference. Rogic is a 10min highlight player not a dominator for 80-90 mins

Offsider

Also for those that think Rogic should be at a better club than Celtic. Last night was why he isn’t. Couldn’t impose himself at all. Sure there was limited attempts to give him the ball but you watch Messi dominate a game and you can see the massive class difference. Rogic is a 10min highlight player not a dominator for 80-90 mins

To me it was all about the tactics by france to cut the attacking threat off before it starts. Marking Rogic out of the came and pressuring lead up left him neutered. Kruze was way out of his league and that only left Leckie who was having to put up with hernandez falling over everytime he looked at him.

Saw bert’s excellent team in action ......... :shoutclap::shoutclap:

pjennings

To me it was all about the tactics by france to cut the attacking threat off before it starts. Marking Rogic out of the came and pressuring lead up left him neutered. Kruze was way out of his league and that only left Leckie who was having to put up with hernandez falling over everytime he looked at him.

Saw bert’s excellent team in action ......... :shoutclap::shoutclap:

Marking Tommy out of the game and Risdon's running kept France honest. It may not have shown those two in their best light but they were doing the job as part of the team.

Last edited:

Big Al

Agree tona point but a top player must be able to handle that and do something special

Messi can’t be marked out of a game but Rogic can easily. He needs to do more.

The one time they found him it opened up the whole pitch and he sent Behich away down the left.

Rogic is good but needs to be better to take his game and play at the next level

pjennings

Agree tona point but a top player must be able to handle that and do something special

The one time they found him it opened up the whole pitch and he sent Behich away down the left.

Rogic is good but needs to be better to take his game and play at the next level

Rogic can't be compared to Messi by any stretch but conversely Messi isn't ever as isolated at Barcelona or with Argentina as Rogic is playing for Australia. In the set up yesterday his main job was to draw players first as a defensive measure i.e. if they are defending against Rogic they aren't deep in our territory. His setting up Behich was only part of his secondary job.

Offsider

I don’t disagree with you but ............. I hope I put this right as my level of experience to your level is probably what rogic is to messi. .

If Rogic had the support messi does it would then be a comparable measure of his ability. As you say ...... the one time they found him he sent behich away. His markers and france’s tactics nullified his effectiveness which is not a marker as to his personal ability ......... if you get my drift.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

The more I watch it the worse this decision gets.

It was purely incidental contact after the challenge (as opposed to a challenge that goes through the ball then cleans up the attacker). There was contact on the ball (not much, but similarly the contact on the player was very little), and the attacker had lost the ball anyway. Arguably it was going to be a 50-50 at best.

No impact on play and at the very, very bottom of the 'careless' scale - at worst - should lead towards a 'no penalty' decision.

But even worse is the fact that the VAR got involved - even IF it was an error, it definitely wasn't 'clear and obvious'. VAR should not have been involved here.

Offsider

The more I watch it the worse this decision gets.

It was purely incidental contact after the challenge (as opposed to a challenge that goes through the ball then cleans up the attacker). There was contact on the ball (not much, but similarly the contact on the player was very little), and the attacker had lost the ball anyway. Arguably it was going to be a 50-50 at best.

No impact on play and at the very, very bottom of the 'careless' scale - at worst - should lead towards a 'no penalty' decision.

But even worse is the fact that the VAR got involved - even IF it was an error, it definitely wasn't 'clear and obvious'. VAR should not have been involved here.

I felt that griezman milked the contact. He could easily have stayed on his feet but by stopping his stride he left his foot where it made contact with risdon............... and then he fell forward. He had no chance of retrieving the ball to stop it going out. He was actually going down before the tackle.

pjennings

Onto another result. A country with a population similar to the Central Coast drew last night with the might of Argentina with a population of nearly 45 million people.

As an aside - the Icelandic keeper Hannes Halldorsson also directed Iceland’s entry for Eurovision 2012!

Offsider

Onto another result. A country with a population similar to the Central Coast drew last night with the might of Argentina with a population of nearly 45 million people.

As an aside - the Icelandic keeper Hannes Halldorsson also directed Iceland’s entry for Eurovision 2012!

:tv::tv:
As an aside to an aside .............. a team made up mostly of players with a history of central coast with a population similar to that of iceland nearly defeated a country with a population of over 58,000,000.

:popcorn::popcorn:

Big Al

Rogic can't be compared to Messi by any stretch but conversely Messi isn't ever as isolated at Barcelona or with Argentina as Rogic is playing for Australia. In the set up yesterday his main job was to draw players first as a defensive measure i.e. if they are defending against Rogic they aren't deep in our territory. His setting up Behich was only part of his secondary job.
My comparison is the best take the game by the scruff of the neck and make it there’s. Rogic can’t

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred