• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2018 FFA Cup

Tevor

commentators say Trent is progressing already. FFS.
They really don't like us on Fox do they.
Agree, in the first half they said he did nothing and then had a great ball put on a plate for him and now “he is improving at a big Club”. Absolute tossers at Fox.

Big Al

Facts are he’s probably scored more for them in this preseason than his whole time with the senior team.

SFC are using him more centrally and using his speed better than we ever did

Tevor

Facts are he’s probably scored more for them in this preseason than his whole time with the senior team.

SFC are using him more centrally and using his speed better than we ever did
Totally agree Big Al, recall quite a few on the forum suggesting we should have used him the way they currently are. But Okon clearly didn’t see it that way. He wouldn’t have got passes like he did last night, it was a quality pass and Elrich looked like an amateur.

He is getting good service and game time, I think he will have a better season for SFC than DDS who I now wonder if he can break into the starting team without an injury spot coming up. Last nights starting team would be close to their best I would have thought. Their three Mark Keys are all handy, only thing I noticed was WSW had them in the first half with a high press game, just couldn’t sustain it and they opened up in the second half. MOM for Redmayne for sure.

Wombat

I won money on both FFA games but sometimes the bookies just make it too easy.

I had a very good week and even won on Rangers who are never a save bet.

Watford and Leicester let me down. I didnt back Leeds coz their 3 strikers are injured and they are toothless without them.

Big Al

BTW LeFrondre looks the business.
Nice pass but lets see. Wasn’t the same Sydney without Mierzeski that is for sure.
WSW making some teams look good in preseason and FFA Cup.

Sydney still got the killer instinct. Apartmfrom Trents goal they didn’t threaten much in open play.

And it was the dutch guy on the free kick not LeFonde, De Jong or something

Big Al

The penalty was lefronde and he took it like Alan Shearer.
Almost put it in to the cross bar. He didn’t do a lot in open play that I noticed apart from the pass to Trent but looks like could be a good pickup but don’t think he will replicate Bobo

Wombat

Almost put it in to the cross bar. He didn’t do a lot in open play that I noticed apart from the pass to Trent but looks like could be a good pickup but don’t think he will replicate Bobo

Bullshit Big Al. Shearer used to smack the ball into the top corner every time. Imagine a 2ft x 2ft target on the corner of crossbar and post. Its impossible to stop if you are a keeper. Shearer hit it almost every time. This boy has the same quality on a penalty................i.e...its unstoppable.

Big Al

Bullshit Big Al. Shearer used to smack the ball into the top corner every time. Imagine a 2ft x 2ft target on the corner of crossbar and post. Its impossible to stop if you are a keeper. Shearer hit it almost every time. This boy has the same quality on a penalty................i.e...its unstoppable.
It’s definitely unstoppable no doubt but the margin for error is small, especially as you are lifting the ball. I’ll see if i can have another look but I remember going that was very close. There was an angle from behind the goal I think that showed it basically shave the under side of the bar.

Either way it did go in and it’s only early but SFC don’t look as slick. They still havebthe winning mentality but lets see how they go

Wombat

I hope Sydney struggle and I hope LeFronde is not as good as I think he will be. I must admit I had never heard of him before he was linked to us. Oh and apologies for being impolite.

Last edited:

Big Al

I hope Sydney struggle and I hope LeFronde is not as good as I think he will be. I must admit I had never heard of him before he was linked to us. Oh and apologies for being impolite.
Haha all good I expect nothing less. Doesn’t worry me one bit. It’s just passion

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami