• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2018 FFA Cup

sydmariner

APIA dreaming of FFA Cup glory after gritty win in Melbourne
Re-live the FFA Cup Round of 32 opening night

VIDEO: Watch all the highlights from the Round of 32's opening night!

In four years of the FFA Cup, no NPL side has gone further than the semi-finals, but McColl believes it won’t be long before a Member Federation club makes the showpiece final of Australia’s biggest knockout competition.

And he said APIA – currently league-leaders in the NSW NPL – believe it could be them that goes all the way.

“The boys have got a dream,” McColl told Fox Sports from a jubilant Tigers dressing room.

“We want to see an NPL team win it and that team should be APIA.”

There wasn’t much between Port Melbourne and APIA, with Tasuku Sekiya’s goal just before half-time proving the difference.

sekiya_0.jpg

Tasuku Sekiya scores APIA's match winner.
And it’s a moment Sharks keeper Matthew Symes will want to forget.

The gloveman, who had an excellent match, allowed Sekiya’s close-range shot to squeeze through his hands and trickle into the net.

“I’m very happy. It was a very tough game, so it was pleasing to win and not to concede,” McColl said.

“The two teams were brilliant, two teams gave 100% and it was a great Cup tie. But we just edged it.”

sydmariner

Zad’s lads finally snap FFA Cup Round of 32 curse
APIA dreaming of FFA Cup Glory after win in Melbourne

FULL COVERAGE: Re-live the FFA Cup Round of 32 opening night

VIDEO: Watch all the highlights from the Round of 32's opening night!

“I’m really proud,” a beaming Zadkovich told Fox Sports.

“Last year [4-2 loss to Moreton Bay] was disappointing for us when we lost in extra-time with a man sent off.

“It was a little bit of redemption for us tonight. I’m really happy for all the volunteers and supporters of our club.”

Things didn’t start well for the Magic, falling behind after just 12 minutes courtesy of a Thomas James strike for the hosts, before losing star player James Virgili to injury.

magic16.jpg

But they somehow turned things around as Kale Bradbury equalised midway through the first half before John Majurovski scored either side of the break to put them in control.

Canberra FC had Daniel Subasic sent off for a second yellow card offence late in the match, with Dino Fajkovic putting the icing on the cake on 78 minutes to cap a brilliant night for the visitors.

“We had three or four boys who had to travel down today and drive six hours and James was one of them, so it’s not a shock that that ended up happening,” Zadkovich said of Virgili’s injury.

“Work commitments, NPL, it says a lot about our bunch and where they are at.

“I’m really proud of all my boys for their effort.

Asked who he wanted to face in the last 16, Zadkovich said: “You kind of hope you get a winnable game but if not you hope you get the champions of the A-League.

“Hopefully a home game at Broadmeadow would be nice, mainly for the younger ones in our club and the experience for the supporters and volunteers would be a brilliant thing and great exposure for our club.”

Big Al

23 mins of stoppage time:eek: apperently Bratten suffered som head knock
Taken to hospital in a special ambulance

Was kicked in the head I think. Had fallen on the ground and ball was near his head. Roar player slide tackled and got the ball but followed through onto Bratton neck I think.

Here’s hoping it’s just them being overally cautious

pjennings

Was kicked in the head I think. Had fallen on the ground and ball was near his head. Roar player slide tackled and got the ball but followed through onto Bratton neck I think.

To be fair the slide happened first and Brattan fell into the follow through. Looked like it could be nasty. Let' hope he is ok.

sydmariner

REVEALED: FFA Cup Round of 16 matchups

After a thrilling night of FFA Cup Round of 32 action, the matchups have been revealed for the final 16 of the competition.

Rockdale City Suns star Blake Ricciuto joined the Fox Sports crew in the studio to draw out the clubs for the next round of matches.

There is one Hyundai A-Leaggue v Hyundai A-League clash, three member federation v member federation fixtures, and four member federation v Hyundai A-League matches.

Full fixtures below:

GAME 1: Melbourne City v Newcastle Jets
GAME 2: Avondale FC v Devonport Strikers
GAME 3: Adelaide Comets v Heidelberg United
GAME 4: Broadmeadow Magic v Bentleigh Greens
GAME 5: APIA Leichhardt v Melbourne Victory
GAME 6: Lions FC v Adelaide United
GAME 7: Cairns FC v Sydney FC
GAME 8: Bonnyrigg White Eagles v Western Sydney Wanderers

Dates and venues to be confirmed in the coming days.

Big Al

Nice to see the nix take the Cup as seriously as us and even show spoon potential

WSW defense was horrible as well and they made a mess of their game

Big Al

I think the FFA cup should exclude the A League teams.

Some are not taking it seriously and others are to good and they then hijack the final like the other divisions never played in it.

As they said last night let’s go to Darwin vs wsw instead of perth vs mv as that is what the cup is about

sydmariner

injury is @ 0:09

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami