• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2018-19 Other A-League Games

Pirate Pete

Well, that could have been the Mariners playing tonight instead of MV.
Comedy goal with an error by the keeper.
Start playing well and get most of the possession. Take it to half time and regroup.
But no, let two goals in at the end of the first half including an own goal by the skipper.
Take off a defender and play three at the back. Then let a few more in.
Then totally take the piss by bringing on DeSilva who misses a great chance.

Wombat

Ex Mariners were amusing............DDS misses an open goal from 6yds to make it 7 and doesn't even hit the target. The muppet pundits said he hit the post......nup missed that by a foot.
Roux does his usual on the 6th goal....i.e leaves the player totally unmarked. What would a normal player do.....block the shot thats coming.....nup he turns away, like the ball might hurt him.

The only thing funnier was Broxham's own goal. Sydney's defending on Victory's only goal was pitiful as well.

Come on Perth.....you got this!

Pirate Pete

Ex Mariners were amusing............DDS misses an open goal from 6yds to make it 7 and doesn't even hit the target. The muppet pundits said he hit the post......nup missed that by a foot.
Roux does his usual on the 6th goal....i.e leaves the player totally unmarked. What would a normal player do.....block the shot thats coming.....nup he turns away, like the ball might hurt him.

The only thing funnier was Broxham's own goal. Sydney's defending on Victory's only goal was pitiful as well.

Come on Perth.....you got this!
Redmayne put his arm up for offside. What more do you want?
Obviously the linesman forgot it was Sydney.

turbo

DDS missed a sitter earlier to go 7-1. Going to Sydney has done nothing for him, should have stayed for the minutes. Good luck loaning him at a price that covers his cost next season.

Edit - already mentioned above. Weird those posts weren’t showing up.

Insertnamehere

I suspect all is not well at MVC. Thomas has been benched for months..Broxham remains unsigned.
There's a few other that just suggest to me Muscat is going or half the team are, Popa style.

Josho Howe

This is becoming a major story. A Sydney FC fan was harassed by police and security because he needed to take his daughter to a toilet which is accessed via a gate that's usually opened but wasn't tonight. The way football fans are policed at games compared to the AFL/NRL is a completely disgraceful double standard.

Pirate Pete

D660RERUwAAvq4k

I think Corica was right.
If my lip reading skills are any good, I think he said "f**king Bullshit"
And then got a yellow card.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Refs got it right for me. I'm not convinced this still is at the exact moment of the kick - it's hard to tell being a blurry mess, but I think it's a split second before. And this is such a tight decision with players moving in opposite directions, that it probably takes less than 1/50s to go from onside to offside - even in this still, there's maybe an inch or two in it.

VAR would have to be 100% certain it's at the moment of contact in this one - I don't think you can claim that with certainty.

It's difficult because the VAR doesn't have technology - no hawkeye line, no digital line the commentators use, and they'd have to ignore the mowed lines I imagine (no guarantee they're perfectly parallel to the goal line). But, I think he was off.

Despite that, if the flag didn't go up, I'd say it wouldn't be clear enough to overrule.

I think Evans deserved this game - he's our best right now and had his best season yet, handling the game well too.

pjennings

The Gallop directive also says do not re-referee the game. So remind me again why we have VAR. I'm happy to live and die by the ref's decision.

Pirate Pete

We get coaches in their first season - wooden spoon.

Sydney, on the other hand....

Also, f**k Redmayne's penalty bullshit
It's been mentioned elsewhere whether the freeze frame is from the moment the ball was kicked.
I thought it was a goal.

As for the penalty antics.
spaz.gif
picard.gif

Somethings going to be have to done about that.

Wombat

Redmayne will come out in a silly hat and party poppers next time.

But..............how bad was Santa's penalty......the f**kwit.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Did I hear right , Foxtel decide which end the pens are taken ? ....I ask because that babbling idiot ,Hill on the stick, said FFA do ...but like I said I heard different ...or read actually , cause it got mentioned on twatter

turbo

We get coaches in their first season - wooden spoon.
Sydney, on the other hand....

Helps when you inherit most of a very successful team.

Did I hear right , Foxtel decide which end the pens are taken ?
They take them at the end Foxtel has extra cameras set up for. Both teams know in advance which end it will be.

I can’t believe the penalty antics worked. I would have thought it’s a distracting for the keeper as it is for the player. Fair outcome anyway, Sydney arguably hard done by with the disallowed goal and it’s a shame we had to have more controversy in a grand final. Not what we need to bring casuals back next season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami