• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2017 FIFA Confederations Cup

Insertnamehere

We were very lucky for a 3-2. Could and should been much worse. Back 3 + behich were very poor. Germany didn't let us in at all in the first 35 mins and well if they were sharper would have killed the game then.
Ange needs a better plan, especially since teams will shut down mooy.

Big Al

So is Ange becoming an arrogant prat for persisting?
I suppose the argument is when you try a new player you give them a few games to get comfortable and the same for this system. Was better but not good last night.

The fact none of them play it at club level or have played it and the Asian cup formation seemed to suit us puzzles me. Also Sainsbury is the only one i feel comfortable with playing it.

If the best teams show you the weeknesses then you know what neess work. Personally it means it's not working for us.

Cameroon should have scored from a cutback on a play that was almost identical to the Germany goal.

Rogic has been really good but needs to work on his passing tonthe strikerbor winger, otherwise his dribbling and shooting are top notch.

Gersbach was decent but if it's Juric put the cross low if Timmy put it high.

Insertnamehere

I suppose the argument is when you try a new player you give them a few games to get comfortable and the same for this system. Was better but not good last night.

The fact none of them play it at club level or have played it and the Asian cup formation seemed to suit us puzzles me. Also Sainsbury is the only one i feel comfortable with playing it.

If the best teams show you the weeknesses then you know what neess work. Personally it means it's not working for us.

Cameroon should have scored from a cutback on a play that was almost identical to the Germany goal.

Rogic has been really good but needs to work on his passing tonthe strikerbor winger, otherwise his dribbling and shooting are top notch.

Gersbach was decent but if it's Juric put the cross low if Timmy put it high.
Not talking specific players. Gersbach is the best of the 3 he's tried at LB imo.
I purely mean formation. It is not working. It's not suited to the players we've got.
My formation would be a 4 2 3 1, 4141 in defence and 4 2 4 in attack. That is what suits the squad he has picked.
It's arrogance because there is no pragmatism about his decisions, the regular quote is we'll play how we want to play. Problem is it's not aleague or Barcelona. We are a third tier national team.

Big Al

Not talking specific players. Gersbach is the best of the 3 he's tried at LB imo.
I purely mean formation. It is not working. It's not suited to the players we've got.
My formation would be a 4 2 3 1, 4141 in defence and 4 2 4 in attack. That is what suits the squad he has picked.
It's arrogance because there is no pragmatism about his decisions, the regular quote is we'll play how we want to play. Problem is it's not aleague or Barcelona. We are a third tier national team.
Yeah agree with you was just trying to give the possible reasoning why he will stick.

Gersbach was good but Bachich hasn't been bad but Gersbach has a better cross which is what Ange needs. Smith only plays because of his pace and crosses but they play more like wingers to me

I see no reason to have moved from the Asian cup setup, played really well and there was a clear difference in quality between us and the rest (except South Korea). Haven't been the same

I am also feeling huge arrogance from Ange. Now things aren't working and he's being called on it he is not liking it one bit yet he claims that's what he wants. Either be honest and say they are playing poorly or shut up with being criticised

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred