• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2016/17 Other A-League Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Al

He's a DM but we had Monty. As FP said sweet feet but no vision. People thought he'd be a good AM because he could dribble and hit a good shot from outside box. After the Newcastle ripper don't think I ever saw him shoot again little own score.

Think he got a lot of bad coaching at a critical development stage.

He's someone else's expensive problem now.

But am most pleased to see we don't miss him.

JoyfulPenguin

The Perth is Adelaide game was very enjoyable and in the end Adelaide fairly unlucky. Andy Keogh is one hell of a player and Ben Garrucio is really starting to live up to the hype he had at Heart.

Big Al

The Perth is Adelaide game was very enjoyable and in the end Adelaide fairly unlucky. Andy Keogh is one hell of a player and Ben Garrucio is really starting to live up to the hype he had at Heart.
Goal or free kick?

I like that being a goal, similar to Roy's challenge on Redmanye. Keepers get special treatment and get away with being soft.
That said I can understand Amor going off because it's always a free kick.

How funny was WSW offside goal for Bulut. Ran all the way to the RBB for nothing. Hilarious

JoyfulPenguin

Goal for me (Galekovic didn't have control of the ball when Griffiths hit it) but if it wasn't against us I wouldn't be happy. It's a very diffcult one for the referee and I think you could see it either way. Amor being sent off was the stupidest thing I have ever seen in an A-League match, the man is a saint. Muscat, Popovic, Arnold, Lowy, Kosmina and a host of others have done far, far worse and not been sent off or even spoken to while having full comprehension of the English language. Seeing Bulut celebrate and then get disallowed was sweet, he shouldn't of been on the pitch anyway with the challenges he put in so I don't think the Wanderers can really complain. I want his realization face as a gif so badly.

JoyfulPenguin

How Ned Zelic is a commentator is beyond me, does he have incriminating photos of Rupert Murdoch or something? His rambles rarely make sense and when asked a direct question 90% of the time he doesn't respond and when he does answer it's a creepy laugh and accusing the other commentator of making some allusion about him. Please Fox have some sense and get rid of the poor bastard.

Pirate Pete

Goal or free kick?

I like that being a goal, similar to Roy's challenge on Redmanye. Keepers get special treatment and get away with being soft.
That said I can understand Amor going off because it's always a free kick.

How funny was WSW offside goal for Bulut. Ran all the way to the RBB for nothing. Hilarious

If it was a goal he could have been booked for excessive celebration.
I wonder if you can be booked for excessively celebrating a disallowed goal?
He looked pissed off when subbed too.

Pirate Pete

second yellow and still on the field.

Why didn't we get away with that last season.
Is Arnold had any sense he'd sub him off.

According to the HAL site he's only been booked once.
the last one.

Big Al

second yellow and still on the field.

Why didn't we get away with that last season.
Is Arnold had any sense he'd sub him off.

According to the HAL site he's only been booked once.
the last one.
Yeah he pulled card out of pocket, swapped hands walked away to talk to Grant and put it away without showing it.
He and Grant were the only two who knew

Forum Phoenix

So great seeing young pain and Galloway get there chance to shine and enjoy their football with us. Feels like half the Socceroos staring 11 could be exmariners one day - because I think Trent and Pain could both go on to do well. And I really like Galloway for that matter - though I think brad smith has been the best lb (maybe the only true lb) we've had since chippers. Pain is a better footballer than Leckie - hope he can have two stellar years with us and then go on to get a good deal OS and continue to grow.

All thanks to us. MV is too big to reward young players properly and instead stunts their growth. I think us, the scum, roar and AU have been the best supporters of youth. Anyway moral of the story is... unlike some others I liked Austin - but when I knew we were getting pain I was very happy with the deal and now it's clear we got the best end of it by a mile - I'm ecstatic.

Tevor

Great news we rightfully remain in 6th position. SFC v Adelaide was a dour match. Probably the shake up SFC need just before the FFA Cup.

JoyfulPenguin

Worst match from a neutral perspective this season the Sydney vs Adelaide match. Most boring game in the A-League for a long, long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred