• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2015 Mariners Pre-Season Games

localpom

isn't he like 17?
Yep, 17. I think both his and Liam Rose's time will come but maybe not quite this season unless there are injuries or due to form.Both are fantastic prospects and hopefully we will see them on the bench. It may just come down to physically they are not quite ready for a full season yet.

Rowdy

Was interesting to see Posco was played as the single DM. He did a pretty good job. Was fast and moved the ball side to side well.

This initiative to use Posco as a DM in this game from Walmsey garners my respect, for me it's an extremely exciting 'possibillity'. If Poz can adapt to the role, he could be a revelation that could help with success this coming season.

Last season Posco performed really well in the CB role, when replacing Ando and Bos, when poor form got them both dropped at various times.

He also did really well in the RB role & imo out performed Storm Roux who was dropped often from the squad.

At RB he goes forward really well. Linking up with AM's using 1-2 passes effectively and putting in good crosses for the front men.

Considering his understanding of 'all of the above' coupled with that aggressive defending quality and his speed I think he could make an excellent DM alongside Monty in a 4-2-3-1, with Monty being the one who sits & holds whilst we attack with Posco pushing up to support the attack- and if that attack breaks down his defensive mindset/abilities kick-in and help stifle the oppositions quick counter attacks whilst knowing Monty is in behind him covering.

I know Walmsley has been tinkering with the 4-3-3 as our new playing formation, but I see multiple possibilities of formations could be used this season with the players we now have, which again I find exciting.

Dare I say even a back 3-4-3 perhaps & really attack teams. :wub:

Luca Brasi

I agree there is potential for Posco at DM, he is very comfortable on the ball. Whether he can be our Matt McKay will depend on how high he can pull his shorts up. For Posco to move up it will depend on the success of McGing and Ascroft. It has been reported that MV have signed Gallifuoco and Melb City have signed Callum Richardson, I had hopes CCM might have been able to attract one of them as a central defender.

dibo

Imagining a side we could put together with Posco as the oldest player:

-------------Izzo----------------
Roux Ascroft McGing Neill
----------Poscoliero------------
-----Rose Caceres Kalik------
-----Bingham Fitzgerald-----

This can be the core of a side going forward - I don't think all of those players will ever play together in those positions, but you can see there are quite a few players who have enough experience and potential to imagine some of them really coming good.

Signings will also come to fill in the gaps, so I'm pretty optimistic. If some of our older signings this year (which I suppose just means O'Donovan and Heffernan, who at 30 and 28 are hardly ancient) can crack on, then we should go OK.

Wombat

This initiative to use Posco as a DM in this game from Walmsey garners my respect, for me it's an extremely exciting 'possibillity'. If Poz can adapt to the role, he could be a revelation that could help with success this coming season.

Last season Posco performed really well in the CB role, when replacing Ando and Bos, when poor form got them both dropped at various times.

He also did really well in the RB role & imo out performed Storm Roux who was dropped often from the squad.

At RB he goes forward really well. Linking up with AM's using 1-2 passes effectively and putting in good crosses for the front men.

Considering his understanding of 'all of the above' coupled with that aggressive defending quality and his speed I think he could make an excellent DM alongside Monty in a 4-2-3-1, with Monty being the one who sits & holds whilst we attack with Posco pushing up to support the attack- and if that attack breaks down his defensive mindset/abilities kick-in and help stifle the oppositions quick counter attacks whilst knowing Monty is in behind him covering.

I know Walmsley has been tinkering with the 4-3-3 as our new playing formation, but I see multiple possibilities of formations could be used this season with the players we now have, which again I find exciting.

Dare I say even a back 3-4-3 perhaps & really attack teams. :wub:

Posco did ok but I think we are getting carried away.
I don't see him as a ball playing DM.
McGing is more suitable but we are trying to turn him into a CB.
I see Posco as a useful sub that can slot into CB or RB when needed.
If his form is good he may force his way in as a starting CB.

style_cafe

Considering the lackluster pre-season last year, I`m thinking TW has ticked all the boxes possible to have the Mariner`s primed for the first game.
Whilst a little optimistic about our chances this season, it will be interesting to see how our " rough diamonds " adapt to their first season in the A-League.

Wombat

we could go hell for leather and put out this side:

Reddy
Storm Ascroft McGing Rose
Ferreira Caceras Trifiro Austin
Heffernan O'Donovan

rbakersmith

The lineup:
12046926_10153532747161206_1285020064899670345_n.jpg

rbakersmith

3-1 to the Roar at FT, with goals to Brown, Petratos and Borrello in the second half in response to Fitzy's goal in the first half.

Atomic

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we've lost our last 3 A-League opposition games by an aggregate of 7-1.

We were promised goals this season... I naively assumed that it would be us who were going to be doing the scoring.

Forum Phoenix

Yeah it's a fair point. TW talked of a host of missed chances last match. Hope to hear a match analysis by anyone who saw it. Wondering was it a misleading score line? Did we create many chances? If not, where did the trouble lie, midfield or upfront. Was our back line as porous as it sounds?

Friendlies typically don't mean a great deal they say, but it's hard to feel good about losing them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred