• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2010 Election Predictions Thread

Arabmariner

The party with the most primary votes, the most two party preferred and the most seats doesn't win ?

Great system that !

And the commie wannabes dominating the senate......

The party with the most primary votes was the ALP ... you have to add the Liberals, Nationals, the LNP, and the CLP in to get them the highest group of parties

The two party preferred is still being counted and is at 88% so too early yet, but at present there is 1,800 votes in it out of 11.7million!

Again the most seats were the ALP - a coalition is a coalition not a party no matter how you cut it!

Even in the UK it doesn't work like that any more once they got sick of winner takes all (like Thatcher and Blair) ... here it is all about the seats needed to get a majority in the House of Reps ..... do you want a democracy or not?

The wannabe Commies got about 0.3% of the votes so it couldn't be them you are talking about. I know - it must be ironic and you are talking about the Coalition plus Fielding First plus Xenaphon (sp?)

C'mon Bex you're either an older fogey than me and a politically ignorant one at that, or having a lend of us!

Bex

Yep, used by every incumbent to maximum effect. Is this a surprise to you AM?

Forum Phoenix

Wow, thats weird.

Was about to write GREAT post Arab.

Anyhow... whoever it was...

Great informed and intelligent post.

midfielder

I blame the ALP ... NSW right wing for the above errors on the forum... they are getting blamed for everything else so why not...

kevrenor

One of the most prescient articles about the attitude of some to the concept of living in a democracy:
http://blogs.crikey.com.au/pollytics/2010/09/08/let-the-great-unhinging-begin/

If the 1700s were the age of reason, the 2000 appear to the age of unreason

Bex

Yeh, weird. I didn't write that stuff that some other guy quoted under ArabMariner's name. :blink:

Arabmariner

Anyway I can't see this working.

I don't think much of the labor government but I'd rather see them with a clear majority than this unworkable rabble we've now got.

Wonder what the odds are of going back to the polls in the next 12 months or so ;)

northernspirit

an unworkable rabble is spot on.

if ever there is an election you want to lose it is this one, i reckon it will play right into the libs hands come the next election as the next term will be all stalling, no action, broken promises as legislation isnt going to get passed... this coupled with the disastrous first term and loss of majority this election - cant see labor holding on unless they manage to keep all the greens/independants happy for 3 years and get everything through the senate - cant see that happening

question is will the libs build on their momentum or implode again

bjw

bjw
http://www.news.com.au/national/julia-gillard-gives-warning-that-election-promises-will-be-broken/story-e6frfkvr-1225925676108

midfielder

Kev that Crikey article was an excellent read ... as were many of the posts...

Anyone wanta guess at how long the gov will last ...

a) Gone before the State Election oe within 6 months..
b] 9 months
c) 12 months
d) 18 months
e) Go full term...

My guess more than 12 but less than 18 months...

bjw

bjw
http://www.news.com.au/national/julia-gillards-minority-government-loses-division-in-house-of-representatives/story-e6frfkvr-1225931864825

dibo

story's wrong too - menzies lost several divisions in the early 60s.

the house is now no different to the senate in the sense that things have to be negotiated through. it's how most of the world does its governing. nothing scary about it, it's democracy in action.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred