• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2010 Election Predictions Thread

Mr Cleansheets

That's why I said: whether or not they are purer of principle is impossible to judge, but at least they would be less likely to be mediocrities.

My main point is that most of our politicians are mediocre careerists and that a possible way to attract more highly talented people would be to offer higher salaries. Probably the biggest drawback to my idea is that if already successful people are attracted to parliament by the rewards it might preclude the desirable diversity of background we currently have.

Diverse...but mediocre.

curious

A website http://www.electionleaflets.org.au/ was launched today to monitor election leaflet drops after the shady, dirty tricks propaganda leaflets of past elections.

Here's one to make your skin crawl. I do wonder how they manage this stuff without criminal conviction.

It's published and distributed by Australia First Party

http://www.electionleaflets.org.au/leaflets/26/

FFC Mariner

Holy freakin crap

That is dreadful.............working aboriginal families? the rest are what I wonder?

To think that Australians died so that this sort of political belief was stopped............

f**k me, I am depressed

Mr Cleansheets

One of my favourite pieces of political trivia concerns the NSW state election just after One Nation's most successful election when they won some seats in (I think) a Qld state election.

Six candidates ran in northern NSW for the One Nation Party...every one of them was an Amway salesman.

dibo

Mr Cleansheets said:
One of my favourite pieces of political trivia concerns the NSW state election just after One Nation's most successful election when they won some seats in (I think) a Qld state election.

Six candidates ran in northern NSW for the One Nation Party...every one of them was an Amway salesman.

When Pauline ran for the NSW Legislative Council she was in the running for the last seat in the house and it was going down to round after round of elimination and redistribution of votes until finally the seat was decided and the Shooters' Party got up. The headline in the Sydney Morning Herald was gold:

HANSON FINALLY BROUGHT DOWN BY SHOOTERS

dibo

goingtoadisco said:
Lisarow Yellow (Pooley) said:
goingtoadisco said:
I got a call from belinda o niels mob the other day.

Deb O'neill

Nah mate twas Belinda.

Coming back to this - interesting yarn in Crikey:

Tuesday, 22 June 2010

Will Belinda Neal run as an independent?
by Andrew Crook

Dumped Robertson MP Belinda Neal has again refused to rule out running as an independent at this years federal election after Central Coast residents were push-polled over a potential Neal solo tilt.

Mt White resident Chantal Lewis told Crikey that she was relaxing at home on Sunday when market researchers rang and listed Neals achievements since her election in 2007, including increased funding for the F3 freeway, the redevelopment of local parks and boosts to childcare, before asking whether Robertson would be better served by an independent.

Follow-up questions asked whether Lewis would be more likely to consider voting for Neal if she ran as an independent in light of her local successes and whether the Central Coast was being ignored by the federal government in Canberra.

After Lewis responded that she was not planning to back Neal, a list of alternative candidates were trotted out, including bitter rival Deborah ONeill, who defeated her for ALP preselection in March.

I called my partner over once I realised what the call was about, Lewis, who is on the national Do Not Call list, explained.It was just so centred on her. She said the call lasted for around four minutes.

Crikey understands that other voters in Robertson have also been polled.

If Neal begins a solo campaign, she would be immediately dumped from the ALP and would be forced to sit on the cross-benches for the remainder of her term. Any assistance rendered by husband and NSW Upper House MP John Della Bosca would also lead to his immediate expulsion from the state ALP, despite his term expiring in 2015.

Neals electorate officer, Dez Karlsson, refused to deny the polls or rule out an independent tilt when queried on the specifics by Crikey this morning.

At this time extensive polling is being done by parties candidates and the media in a range of seats, including the Central Coast. Ms Neal intends to apply the standard convention of not discussing polling, said Karlsson.

Ms Neal has made no decision about her future but intends to continue working hard for the Central Coast community as she was elected to do.

Della Bosca has previously conducted private polling under Labors official radar. Last year, he reportedly paid Western Australian firm Australian Community Research $20,000 to gauge the electorates temperature on the prospects of him ousting then-Premier Nathan Rees from the states top job.

In April, the Sydney Morning Herald reported that Neal was mulling the possibility of going solo during a week away with her husband. Since then, she has continued a relentless program of gladhandling in the local electorate, attending numerous dinners and functions to press the flesh with civic and business leaders. A stand at the Erina Fair shopping centre and an appearance at the Terrigal Surf Club has also raised eyebrows.

A source close to ONeills campaign said they were surprised by the strategy: If Belinda wants to run as an independent then she can find out just how popular that she is.

Her behaviour is entirely consistent with her running again. Shes been turning up to events everywhere, acting like shes still the candidateshes been campaigning hard as if nothings changed.

But another senior Labor source was sceptical, wondering what a run as an independent would achieve. She might be threatening to run to get a payback later on, the source noted.

Other possibilities for Neal include a play for the state seat of Gosford, but that would require the current sitting member, 70-year-old Marie Andrews, to resign.

FFC Mariner

If Belinda wants to run as an independent then she can find out just how popular that she is.

LOLOLOL

although she is aMariners supporter............

Mr Cleansheets

My wife (Kazzie) attended a local primary school speech day to give one of the prizes and was therefore sitting among the dignitaries. She found herself sitting next to Belinda Neal.

When they sang the school song, Belinda said to Kazzie: Did you come here as a student?

Kazzie: No

Belinda: Well how do you know the words to the song?

Kazzie: Because they're printed on the program.

At the end of the ceremony, BN spent ten minutes talking on her phone while the teachers and students waited to talk to her, then suddenly left without talking to anyone.

So many babies to kiss...so little time...

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
FFC Mariner said:
Holy freakin crap

That is dreadful.............working aboriginal families? the rest are what I wonder?

To think that Australians died so that this sort of political belief was stopped............

f**k me, I am depressed

Just finished skimming their website http://ausfirst.alphalink.com.au/

For Australia First read KKK. Do people actually believe this type of sh*t?

curious

My word they do. The founder of that party was a fed labor member for Kalgoorlie for 15 years and independent for another three while holding similar views to those you see on that site. A class A arsehole and one very popular with  his electorate. There's lots of votes to be had in this country with far right policies.

RADINHO

Labor to win but an overall swing to Liberals of 4.1 %

Labor to win Dobell by 2.9%
Liberals to win Robertson 0.8%

dibo

RADINHO said:
Labor to win but an overall swing to Liberals of 4.1 %

Seat predictions are quite plausible, but that swing to the Libs is going to have to be concentrated in safe seats if Labor's to survive it. A uniform swing of 2.3% tips the balance.

curious

No Minister: 90% of web snoop document censored to stop 'premature unnecessary debate'

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/no-minister-90-of-web-snoop-document-censored-to-stop--premature-unnecessary-debate-20100722-10mxo.html?autostart=1

midfielder

Boy that was a grand debate last night .... passion ... great speeches ....... witty..... questions from the chosen press were well through out and considered and probed at the key issues concerning Australians...

All in all a excellent display of our nations democracy at work .. with our leaders giving of their best  parry and thrust and the third estate clawing at key issues....

curious

midfielder said:
Boy that was a grand debate last night .... passion ... great speeches ....... witty..... questions from the chosen press were well through out and considered and probed at the key issues concerning Australians...

All in all a excellent display of our nations democracy at work .. with our leaders giving of their best  parry and thrust and the third estate clawing at key issues....

I watched a different debate. Mine was a well rehearsed live play with a script overflowing with rhetoric and cliches, as soft and sweet as jelly and  devoid of anything that resembled substance.

In fact, the boredom and repetition played tricks on my hearing. I could have sworn I heard 'moving forward' & 'fair dunkum' 537 times each during the hour. Fair dinkum, I did!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred