• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The official all-purpose trolling bogan scum thread

midfielder

Shot me, ban me, flog me... but for the greater good of Football and the A-League the Jerks are in a spot of financial bother with a difficult owner living mainly overseas [cough cough I am talking about the Jerkd not us] ... I hope they get through it and the article indicates FFA may have to step in and take over ...

The ATO is moving in on Tinkler and it seems a lot of Tax is unpaid by the Jerks is a huge issue [ ground hog day you may say and I repeat its not us the article is about]

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2644473/jets-tax-office-moves-on-tinkler/?cs=306

NATHAN Tinkler could be forced to hand control of the Newcastle Jets back to Football Federation Australia before the end of the year amid reports the embattled former billionaire faces tax debts of almost $40million.

Tinkler put the Jets up for sale in August, but the Newcastle Herald understands that the club’s financial situation is at crisis point and the time to find a buyer is running out. On a dramatic day for Newcastle’s A-League club, it emerged:

● The Australian Taxation Office has taken out two mortgages over four Tinkler stud farms which go to auction starting Thursday in an attempt to recoup nearly $40million in debt;

● British billionaire Marwan Koukash ruled out buying the Jets; and

● the club struggled to meet wage payments this month for coaching and ancillary staff.

The Herald has been told that, barring a miracle sale, FFA could assume control of the club by Christmas.

It was speculated that the sale of Tinkler’s Patinack Farm properties would reap $50million for the cash-strapped Singapore-based businessman.
But website Crikey has reported that the ATO has taken the unusual step of registering two mortgages over the stud farms following a recent deed of settlement with Tinkler. The mortgages were signed last month and in May, with one reportedly relating to a $20.1million debt, signed between the Tax Commissioner, Tinkler, a string of Patinack entities and the companies that own the Jets and formerly the Knights.

The other is for $19.5million and relates to other Tinkler Group and Patinack Farm entities.

Tinkler is also understood to still owe Gerry Harvey several million of an initial $40million after a dispersal sale of his racehorses last month netted $34million.

The ATO threatened to wind up the Jets in 2012 over a $1.063million debt.

Sources close to the situation confirmed that the current ATO debt was a significant issue for the future running of the Jets.

The Herald reported on Wednesday that the Jets had held preliminary talks with Koukash, who owns Salford Super League club and is keen to buy an NRL club.

But hopes that the former refugee, who is worth up to $3billion, might step in and save the Jets were dashed when he tweeted: ‘‘I have no interest in the Newcastle Jets.’’

Former Hunter Sports Group chief executive Troy Palmer, Jets boss Robbie Middleby and assistant coach Michael Bridges went on a sales pitch to the United Kingdom last month.

But any potential leads are unlikely to come to fruition in the immediate future.

The Jets’ cash-flow situation has not been helped by playing the opening four games away due to the resurfacing of Hunter Stadium.

Player wages are covered by $2.45million in grants from the FFA specifically for that purpose, but the Herald understands that the Jets struggled last week to meet coaching and ancillary staff wages due on the 15th of the month.

FFA has repeatedly assured Jets fans that if required it would prop up the club as long as needed.

The governing body stepped in when former owner Con Constantine could not meet player entitlements in September 2010 before Tinkler assumed ownership.

“FFA has been in regular contact with the Tinkler Group in light of the decision to seek new investors in the Newcastle Jets,” an FFA spokesperson told the Herald on Wednesday.

“We’ve been closely monitoring the situation in order to be satisfied that the football club would make a smooth start to the A-League, W-League and Youth League seasons.

“Despite the circumstances, the Jets management has given the coaches, players and team staff what they need to get on with the job of competing in the national competitions.”

Since the end of last season the Jets have cut costs dramatically, despite the transfer of midfielder Josh Brillante (Fiorentina) and striker Adam Taggart (Fulham) to European clubs for an estimated $700,000.

While the Jets’ situation is dire, any ongoing financial issues Tinkler has with the tax office have nothing to do with the Knights or the NRL, an NRL spokesman said.

‘‘There are no outstanding tax debts and Mr Tinkler has no debts with the NRL,’’ the NRL spokesman said.

Knights Members Club chairman Nicholas Dan was certain all outstanding debts were settled during the members club’s protracted settlement negotiations with the NRL and Tinkler’s Hunter Sports Group management company this year.

‘‘All of that was taken into account during our negotiations. They were the sorts of things everyone wanted to make sure were covered at the time,’’ Dan said.

The NRL took over from Tinkler and HSG as controlling owners of the Knights on June 14.

In a statement issued at that time, NRL chief executive Dave Smith said what was left of Tinkler’s $10.52million bank guarantee would be used to pay HSG’s ‘‘existing employee and supplier obligations and to provide $5.1million in start-up funds for the new club’’.

sydmariner

Shot me, ban me, flog me... but for the greater good of Football and the A-League the Jerks are in a spot of financial bother with a difficult owner living mainly overseas [cough cough I am talking about the Jerkd not us] ... I hope they get through it and the article indicates FFA may have to step in and take over ...

The ATO is moving in on Tinkler and it seems a lot of Tax is unpaid by the Jerks is a huge issue [ ground hog day you may say and I repeat its not us the article is about]

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2644473/jets-tax-office-moves-on-tinkler/?cs=306

NATHAN Tinkler could be forced to hand control of the Newcastle Jets back to Football Federation Australia before the end of the year amid reports the embattled former billionaire faces tax debts of almost $40million.

Tinkler put the Jets up for sale in August, but the Newcastle Herald understands that the club’s financial situation is at crisis point and the time to find a buyer is running out. On a dramatic day for Newcastle’s A-League club, it emerged:

● The Australian Taxation Office has taken out two mortgages over four Tinkler stud farms which go to auction starting Thursday in an attempt to recoup nearly $40million in debt;

● British billionaire Marwan Koukash ruled out buying the Jets; and

● the club struggled to meet wage payments this month for coaching and ancillary staff.

The Herald has been told that, barring a miracle sale, FFA could assume control of the club by Christmas.

It was speculated that the sale of Tinkler’s Patinack Farm properties would reap $50million for the cash-strapped Singapore-based businessman.
But website Crikey has reported that the ATO has taken the unusual step of registering two mortgages over the stud farms following a recent deed of settlement with Tinkler. The mortgages were signed last month and in May, with one reportedly relating to a $20.1million debt, signed between the Tax Commissioner, Tinkler, a string of Patinack entities and the companies that own the Jets and formerly the Knights.

The other is for $19.5million and relates to other Tinkler Group and Patinack Farm entities.

Tinkler is also understood to still owe Gerry Harvey several million of an initial $40million after a dispersal sale of his racehorses last month netted $34million.

The ATO threatened to wind up the Jets in 2012 over a $1.063million debt.

Sources close to the situation confirmed that the current ATO debt was a significant issue for the future running of the Jets.

The Herald reported on Wednesday that the Jets had held preliminary talks with Koukash, who owns Salford Super League club and is keen to buy an NRL club.

But hopes that the former refugee, who is worth up to $3billion, might step in and save the Jets were dashed when he tweeted: ‘‘I have no interest in the Newcastle Jets.’’

Former Hunter Sports Group chief executive Troy Palmer, Jets boss Robbie Middleby and assistant coach Michael Bridges went on a sales pitch to the United Kingdom last month.

But any potential leads are unlikely to come to fruition in the immediate future.

The Jets’ cash-flow situation has not been helped by playing the opening four games away due to the resurfacing of Hunter Stadium.

Player wages are covered by $2.45million in grants from the FFA specifically for that purpose, but the Herald understands that the Jets struggled last week to meet coaching and ancillary staff wages due on the 15th of the month.

FFA has repeatedly assured Jets fans that if required it would prop up the club as long as needed.

The governing body stepped in when former owner Con Constantine could not meet player entitlements in September 2010 before Tinkler assumed ownership.

“FFA has been in regular contact with the Tinkler Group in light of the decision to seek new investors in the Newcastle Jets,” an FFA spokesperson told the Herald on Wednesday.

“We’ve been closely monitoring the situation in order to be satisfied that the football club would make a smooth start to the A-League, W-League and Youth League seasons.

“Despite the circumstances, the Jets management has given the coaches, players and team staff what they need to get on with the job of competing in the national competitions.”

Since the end of last season the Jets have cut costs dramatically, despite the transfer of midfielder Josh Brillante (Fiorentina) and striker Adam Taggart (Fulham) to European clubs for an estimated $700,000.

While the Jets’ situation is dire, any ongoing financial issues Tinkler has with the tax office have nothing to do with the Knights or the NRL, an NRL spokesman said.

‘‘There are no outstanding tax debts and Mr Tinkler has no debts with the NRL,’’ the NRL spokesman said.

Knights Members Club chairman Nicholas Dan was certain all outstanding debts were settled during the members club’s protracted settlement negotiations with the NRL and Tinkler’s Hunter Sports Group management company this year.

‘‘All of that was taken into account during our negotiations. They were the sorts of things everyone wanted to make sure were covered at the time,’’ Dan said.

The NRL took over from Tinkler and HSG as controlling owners of the Knights on June 14.

In a statement issued at that time, NRL chief executive Dave Smith said what was left of Tinkler’s $10.52million bank guarantee would be used to pay HSG’s ‘‘existing employee and supplier obligations and to provide $5.1million in start-up funds for the new club’’.
:vhappy:

nearlyyellow

Not so sure this is a reason to celebrate. Firstly it could damage the sport in the eyes of the great unwashed.
However, it won't if FFA moves very quickly to take control of the HAL license, just as the NRL did to the Knights.

Secondly, I put this scenario to you. If FFA takes control they will have to fund the club for a period of time until they find a buyer. Does your memory extend to FFA (founding and) funding WSW into the powerhouse it was at the end of last season? And if FFA takes control how long will it be before they are able to find a buyer for a club which, let's be honest here, does not have the marketability of WSW? A highly funded Jets would represent a much more serious threat to CCM than it currently does.

It's really not a good thing all round.

dibo

There's no mention of the club itself being a money pit, only that the owner is cash poor. FFA might be able to top up a cash reserve so they float until a buyer comes?

midfielder

Not so sure this is a reason to celebrate. Firstly it could damage the sport in the eyes of the great unwashed.
However, it won't if FFA moves very quickly to take control of the HAL license, just as the NRL did to the Knights.

Secondly, I put this scenario to you. If FFA takes control they will have to fund the club for a period of time until they find a buyer. Does your memory extend to FFA (founding and) funding WSW into the powerhouse it was at the end of last season? And if FFA takes control how long will it be before they are able to find a buyer for a club which, let's be honest here, does not have the marketability of WSW? A highly funded Jets would represent a much more serious threat to CCM than it currently does.

It's really not a good thing all round.

Agree and we need to remember if we remove our yellow shirts for a tick... Newcastle was Australia first [real] Football heartland with the Scottish and English miners working in the Hunter coal mines... They have a huge membership especially given their recent performances and when playing well equal the Knights in crowds... I think the season they won the Knights had a bad year and it was a close call on the crowd average.

FFA will not let this team fail however if they have as the article indicates huge tax debts I can see FFA forming a new company and taking control ..

nebakke

Yeah, I have to admit... What's the fun of the rivalry if one of the rivals die?
Grudgingly, I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with the Jest, which is increasingly turning into a straight-up lack of care, because of how poorly they have been performing. I'd really like them to perform well enough to be a challenge again, otherwise the dislike is just sort-of empty. It'd be nice if beating them actually meant something more than what we already know - that we're better than them... It'd be nice if it meant "we're better than everyone else too!"
Right now, it just means "we're not so far behind the rest of the league that we can't beat the whipping-boy" (that's perhaps harsh, but they're STILL the Jest!)

So, I'd like to see them do well, so we can thoroughly thrash them into the future as well :D

nearlyyellow

"Player wages are covered by $2.45million in grants from the FFA specifically for that purpose, but the Herald understands that the Jets struggled last week to meet coaching and ancillary staff wages due on the 15th of the month." This is the pertinent part of the article. I'm with middy on this. I can see FFA transferring all player and coaching etc. staff to a new entity and funding it for enough to make it a successful Jets, until it can be sold, a la WSW. So probably a little bit more funding than just a top up, sufficient to make the club successful enough to sell quickly and for at least a cost plus cost of funds approach in however many years time it takes, or something.

Last edited:

MagpieMariner

I was working with a Celtic supporter, and he was most distressed when Rangers went down the gurgler. For him, the best part of any season was the old firm rivalry. I think it would be the same for us if the Jest went under, even though we still have the Poos to hate.

sydmariner

I was working with a Celtic supporter, and he was most distressed when Rangers went down the gurgler. For him, the best part of any season was the old firm rivalry. I think it would be the same for us if the Jest went under, even though we still have the Poos to hate.
& wsw too dont forget the gf

tsd

Hearing the Newcastle fans booing their own team during the second half and chanting "who are ya?" To their own captain was awesome. I also really liked the ironic cheer when carney did his best zadkovic impersonation /shot at goal

dibo

Hearing the Newcastle fans booing their own team during the second half and chanting "who are ya?" To their own captain was awesome. I also really liked the ironic cheer when carney did his best zadkovic impersonation /shot at goal
Best possible example of why we shouldn't be piling in on our team when we're 1-0 down. Even scum fans have the decency to wait until they're being f**king hosed before turning to that shit.

Gratis

Egat! I'll only be happy with all current teams bomb proof (so that we are).

times like this I'll take our problems

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred