• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R4: Away to Smurf Village

nebakke

honestly I thought thought the
what I couldn't stomach was the
lack of Mariners fight. Hutch
tried to start the fire blazing a
couple of times but the flames
just didn't take. when we lose
we go down in a blaze of glory,
not a tepid, wet sputter. this is
what angers me to undiplomatic
words

Like it or not, I'm starting to wonder whether it might be worth getting Matty into it for a game or two, together with Hutch, to see if they can kickstart the engine room a bit...

dibo

I'm not sure we were that awful.

They scored from a cracker and a jammy, jammy deflection. We smashed the crossbar and had a decently struck (not amazing, but decent) penalty saved. The numbers tell me we actually had more shots on target. Both keepers made saves - Vedran more than Nash, they had more ball and possession but they were playing at home. That's not unexpected.

We were not the better side, I'm not about to claim we were, but we weren't so awful that it justifies some of the ranting on here.

A lot of people on here are quick to hang shit on hutch, quelle surprise, but here's another game where Caceres is failing to impress. For someone who's meant to have all this creative talent, where was it? Why was Trifiro ploughing away without having much support? Why was there no link between the midfield and attack? That's what that role is for. When Monty came in, the shape improved and we looked more threatening.

I still don't get not starting Fitz. Sim's a trier, but I'd rather see us inject some pace. I *do* get starting Pascoliero - the kid's a good user of the ball. Might even be a Hutch replacement at some point in the 'quarterback' role; that takes the pressure off his defence and allows the passing to shine a bit more.

Something noticeable was that we seemed to press much higher - we were chasing right up to the Sydney penalty area, which is new. We haven't really done that much before and it meant we were sometimes a little exposed on transition, but it's not a bad change. You could see us doing it sometimes and not others, just changing it up every now and again to see if you can get the opponent to slip up.

Anyway, we lost 2-0 to a deserving top-of-the-table opposition when we're clearly not yet a settled unit.

Disappointed? Yeah.

Angry? Nah. I'll leave that to some of our more colourful forumites.

localpom

Didn't think we were that bad too....to put things in perspective we started the game with 4 players who were playing state league this time last year. Pascoliero looks like he'll fit in well and Tricky for me should be a starting player every week. There is a fine line between looking awful and things just clicking into gear. The players need that little bit more understanding. Would like to see the same side for this weekend but swap Monty for Hutch and Fitzy for Sim.

localpom

Didn't think we were that bad too....to put things in perspective we started the game with 4 players who were playing state league this time last year. Pascoliero looks like he'll fit in well and Tricky for me should be a starting player every week. There is a fine line between looking awful and things just clicking into gear. The players need that little bit more understanding. Would like to see the same side for this weekend but swap Monty for Hutch and Fitzy for Sim.
Oh and of course Reddy in if fit. :)

Roy Law

A lot falls on Duke. As a striker often played too far away from goal he still managed to get three good chances, albeit one was a penalty. On another day he converts one or two and it is a different story.

localpom

A lot falls on Duke. As a striker often played too far away from goal he still managed to get three good chances, albeit one was a penalty. On another day he converts one or two and it is a different story.
Very true Roy.We just haven't taken our chances in our opening 3 games...Fitzy's header against the Nix also springs to mind.

Jaundice

I didn't really like the jovial nature of a lot our players 2 zip down almost surrendering to the inevitable defeat. Desire looked in short supply out there in the mariners camp.

Blackadder

Yes, the lack of passion was the most disturbing aspect imho.
Losses are acceptable if players give it their all, no heart performances like that are just a insult to the fans and to the all the club stands for.

Atomic

That reminds me. The cheese can f**k right off. Unless we want to look like a bunch of bloody window lickers, the cheese should stay home.
I've completely missed the line of thinking on this cheese business… I have no idea what the references to cheese mean. Could someone please explain?

dibo

There's a blithering idiot who keeps rocking up to games with slices of packaged cheddar, and throwing them for who knows what reason.

dibo

...and Syd has disagreed with my post, which makes me wonder; is he the cheese throwing fool?

sydmariner

no i'm not i just think that it's funny he actually asked me if i wanted to thow some but i actually said no & let him throw it instead:)

Wombat

I've asked Sydney before and he dispute the challenge.
The cheese guy looks like he works at Gosford woolies and is a nutter.
Sydney is from Eastwood.......that's the distinction.

Wombat

:piralaugh:
You do realise many people find the word "cnut" offensive right Wombat? ;)

...and people still kill other people for "blasphemy". And other religious people are giving their lives trying to get "blasphemy" laws removed...

We don't have blasphemy laws. And people don't have to take offence to anything, especially not on the behalf of a purportedly omnipotent deity over what has become inconsequential common place slang.

If they find themselves so inclined, perhaps they should look to other parts of their doctrine for guidance that is a lot more conducive to a peaceful society where free speech is allowed.

"Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense."

"Do not take to heart all the things that people say, lest you hear your servant cursing you. "

Unless perhaps it's to take offence to having servants in the first place...
...or quite possibly what you must have done to them to make them feel they need to curse you.

And to get back on topic, what did that guy say about a good offence... because ours clearly still needs some work.

Only a f**kwit would be offended by that FP. Lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred