• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R3 - Mariners vs Adelaide (Pink Round)

Jesus

Jesus
Way too early to be worried about the defence. We have had a shorter preseason than most if not all teams. Takes some gelling. Missed the last game as at a wedding, but though Pasfield did well enough against WSW, making a few quality saves.

I would prefer Kwassie in goals than reddy

dibo

Any idea what the crowd is set to be? Obviously not being a grand final replay, not being rd.1 and not being vs. WSW will all have an impact, but I'd be hopeful (if not actually all that optimistic) that we can draw 10k by ourselves.

eenfish

Any idea what the crowd is set to be? Obviously not being a grand final replay, not being rd.1 and not being vs. WSW will all have an impact, but I'd be hopeful (if not actually all that optimistic) that we can draw 10k by ourselves.

Saturday afternoon, with temp being a sunny 23 degrees, I'd expect 8k at least. 10k would be ideal but I think a tad optimistic.

Also, talking Saturday, I'm making a call out to get some friends. I'm going up to the game alone I think so if you see a guy with a shitty haircut and denim jacket with a Mariners patch on the back drinking alone at the Kendall say hello and talk yellow with me.

priorpeter

Saturday afternoon, with temp being a sunny 23 degrees, I'd expect 8k at least. 10k would be ideal but I think a tad optimistic.

Also, talking Saturday, I'm making a call out to get some friends. I'm going up to the game alone I think so if you see a guy with a shitty haircut and denim jacket with a Mariners patch on the back drinking alone at the Kendall say hello and talk yellow with me.

Drunk guy, black shirt, YA scarf, flat brim cap... can't miss me.

blbjohn

Pasfield has done NOTHING to suggest he should make way for Reddy. Unbelievable. Let's not become Sydney FC.

Yes, he can improve in areas (ball distribution for one). Who can't? Pasfield has stopped some tremendous shots and you could argue we would be bottom of the table if he weren't for the veteran keeper. What we need to do is BACK Pasfield who will only grow in confidence as the season rolls on. Crawley is a tremendous coach and will work on Pasfield's weaknesses. As noted by other members, he is obviously still finding his was way with his defenders too. I am backing Crawley and I am backing Pasfield.

FACT: You don't replace Australia's next long term keeper (Maty Ryan) and not see a drop in performance (albeit slightly so far).

Pokes

I'm really excited for this match. Once again the club is teaming up with Mingara to go Pink and raise much needed funds for the Cancer Council NSW Breast Cancer Research Projects (try and say that 3 times fast...). The club has already been overwhelmed with support, with RawShots Photography, and Primal Studios donating their time to help us out, as well as Masterfoods, Fruit 4 All, Westinghouse Solar, Bakers Delight, CCMFans.net and Gosford RSL all donating prizes to our raffle. We'll have a Mingara Pink tent, where you can get some pink hair chalk and get your nails a lovely pink colour, and find out about the latest in fitness and health thanks to Mingara One!

We're really hoping that we can break the $20,000 mark raised by this match, and will once again have the jerseys for auction! An eNews will be going out this afternoon with all you need to know about the match and more. I highly encourage you all to wear your best pink and support this cause :)

Gratis

Adelaide are looking sharp, it's their way to have a cracking early season then fade *grin*
Arnie will be all over our defensive structure you can be sure of that.
also he said post match that the heart game was one of our worst games in 3 years so thankfully that's not the standard we need to improve from but a low point, an outlier of sorts, and I expect a far better performance this week.

no doubt the inclusion of McGlinchey will see added cohesion as it's almost certainly what they prepped for in preseason, not to mention the added magic of the man himself.

I think we were a little off guard against heart, they're a new prospect this year and clearly had a rather specific game plan against victory which was not a clear indicator for how they were going to play against us and this influenced how we planned tactically. Adelaide's game plan is better known and will be well prepared for I'm certain.

in short - play like last week and it might not go well, play like we probably will and I'm calling a 3-1 win

priorpeter

Is there an official yellow army members t-shirt yet? I expect it to be black.

The idea was floated and shut down very quickly :(

Hoping to have our new scarves in time for this one. These will be fairly limited, wouldnt be surprised if we sold out on Saturday.

eenfish

The idea was floated and shut down very quickly :(

Hoping to have our new scarves in time for this one. These will be fairly limited, wouldnt be surprised if we sold out on Saturday.

What price are we looking at for them? Will I be able to get one from you before the game at Kendall?

priorpeter

What price are we looking at for them? Will I be able to get one from you before the game at Kendall?

I think $25. I won't have them on me at the Kendall but one of the lads will have them in Bay 16. if they arrive by game day.

true believer

fat bastard with blue with yellow strip shirt. no lad this week so I can play up a little

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred