• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

More relocation chat/brawling

Ancient Mariner

I know more than a hundred regulars that refused to come back in season 4 after our best season in season 3 because of two events

1) The CCM Jets Grand Final being played at SFS and
2) the treatment of Danny after the Grand Final for doing less than what Milligan did to Mark Shields 2 weeks before the Grand Final.

The latest fracas may lead to a similar (though I hope not) erosion of our fan base. With the size of our population the Mariners are not in the position to frighten supporters. It really isn't that hard to have a clear and consistent communications strategy.

We have had 7 good seasons out of 8, 2 premierships, are current champions and are not looking too shaky this year.

Yet we only draw 10k for what is traditionally the most attractive and most keenly fought game of the season against our closest (geographically) rivals.

Then you tell me of hundreds of fans that refused to come back because after season 3, because of the gf location.

I suppose hundreds left after last years gf at the SFS again.

If that is all it takes, I hate to think what will happen when we have a shit season and win the spoon.

No wonder the owners are looking elsewhere to increase the support base.

Wombat

We have had 7 good seasons out of 8, 2 premierships, are current champions and are not looking too shaky this year.

Yet we only draw 10k for what is traditionally the most attractive and most keenly fought game of the season against our closest (geographically) rivals.

Then you tell me of hundreds of fans that refused to come back because after season 3, because of the gf location.

If that is all it takes, I hate to think what will happen when we have a shit season and win the spoon.

f**k the owner.....he needs to take his dick out of his hand when he thinks or speaks.

Our support, per capita , is way above our opposition.

We have played like clowns for most of the season and have an owner talking like an idiot....hardly the stuff to pack in the crowds.

Atomic

What's your point mate? You're in favour of relocation? If not, what's your solution? Accept the fact that our supporters are fickle. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

pjennings

Why would they - we didn't qualify to host the game.

We've had shit seasons though haven't grabbed the spoon. The GF relocation and the treatment of Danny pissed off a lot of people - not directed at the Mariners but at the FFA. A fact that Lyall Gorman has accepted. In fact if we had hosted won the right to host the Brisbane Grand Final we would have hosted it at BlueTongue.

Last edited:

Ancient Mariner

What's your point mate? You're in favour of relocation? If not, what's your solution? Accept the fact that our supporters are fickle. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

No, I do not favour relocation.
I am in favour of our owners exploring every option available to increasing the supporter base.
I am sick of fickle supporters who have tantrums every time some new option is being explored.

And I am sick of this sort of lack of respect shown to someone who saved our bacon last year.

"f**k the owner.....he needs to take his dick out of his hand when he thinks or speaks."

This from one who did not renew his membership because the manager had the temerity to drop his favourite player.

Ancient Mariner

Why would they - we didn't qualify to host the game.

We've had shit seasons though haven't grabbed the spoon. The GF relocation and the treatment of Danny pissed off a lot of people - not directed at the Mariners but at the FFA. A fact that Lyall Gorman has accepted. In fact if we had hosted won the right to host the Brisbane Grand Final we would have hosted it at BlueTongue.

And you think if we had been premiers last year it would have been at Bluetongue?

Dream on.

Ancient Mariner

I think a lot of people here need to realise we are lucky to have a team.

It is not a right, it is a privilege and it is a result of hard work and investment by others.

I am sick of the "if I don't get my way I will....." attitude.

If the support for this most successful club is fickle after 9 seasons, it will simply not survive.

Toughen up stop whinging and support your team.

adz

Staff member
I hear they are building new facilities in Brazil, they love their football there and would love a team to call their own, could be an excellent relocation opportunity?
Haven't contacted the club for comment, but they haven't denied it.

:tinfoilhat:

sydmariner

I think a lot of people here need to realise we are lucky to have a team.

It is not a right, it is a privilege and it is a result of hard work and investment by others.

I am sick of the "if I don't get my way I will....." attitude.

If the support for this most successful club is fickle after 9 seasons, it will simply not survive.

Toughen up stop whinging and support your team.
:goodpost:

sydmariner

I hear they are building new facilities in Brazil, they love their football there and would love a team to call their own, could be an excellent relocation opportunity?
Haven't contacted the club for comment, but they haven't denied it.

:tinfoilhat:
It'll never get Finnish'd in time 4 the 2050-51 season lol:vhappy:

Reactions: adz

Ancient Mariner

Our support, per capita , is way above our opposition.

Exactly. Our support per capita is massive. Better than any other team in the comp. It will be very difficult to increase that support a great deal more from the current population pool. There would probably be an increase if football became the "in" game to be seen at, or if we found a benefactor with a few spare million to throw at a del Piero. But even those would not be permanent solutions.

Which is why we have to increase the base from which we draw support.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred