• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

More relocation chat/brawling

FFC Mariner

2 steps ahead of you, Thurbs ;)

540314_10151887041011220_285436863_n.jpg

Doesn't do much there. Needs to be on everything the Coast does. Not just us. As mentioned above. Get some cash, put it up for sponsorship and jam it in people's faces.

Logo instead of players.

(I'll discount the invoice)

BTW, I drive past that spot every day and didn't notice. Beef it the f**k up.

pjennings

Crowd was poor just over 10 K ... and my guess 2.5 SFC fans ... 7.5 to 8.5 ... Saturday night, warm, clear weather all day...

I agree in that I expected more. However, SFC would be lucky to have 1 in 8 fans there - not 1 in 4. I was hoping for around 12,000 around 10,000 from us with 2,000 from Sydney. As it turned out we probably were down 1,000 and their travelling contingent was well down, probably because ADP pulled out earlier than last year.

rbakersmith

Prime Minister Tony Abbott has pledged $10 million towards the refurbishment of the ground, but that figure is at least $20 million short of what is required to bring it up to NRL standard. In initial discussions with the Sea Eagles, the federal government has indicated there is not likely to be any money forthcoming for Brookvale or other stadium projects in the short term.

The odds of any home games moving to Brookvale on a permanent basis are roughly zero - if the ground's not up to NRL standards then it almost certainly won't be up to FFA standards either.

Last edited:

bikinigirl

. the crowd dilemma will continue to cause debate ... it is far too complicated for anybody to pinpoint a reason why crowd numbers are what they are - and why they vary

. for this one we had to leave a family Christmas thingy early ... that may have been a common reason. regardless of what we think and/or say people will still have their priorities wrong ;)

. another example of the difficulty with getting people to the game ... at the pre-game function some bloke asked 'how much is a ticket?' ... and later went on to say 'i will have to get to a game one day'

....... ok, seriously - wtf!
. he is at a pre-game function across the road from the stadium ... but had never been to a game!
. and despite the reasonable-ness of the ticket prices and options for a great seat and game ... he still could not be convinced to attend last night - and he was already there ... and showing some interest

Atomic

Recent media report would have hurt crowd number I would have thought. Despite the denials by the Mariners that no games will be heading south, I still suspect there is a lot of residual pain felt by a lot of people who lived through the Northern Eagles debacle.

I think that it is this subset of fans that are the ones that are on the edge of being regular attendees at Mariners fixtures. Basically, NRL fans that love sport and love the Coast. They have been to a few games over the years and would've attended last night until the recent media reports surfaced. They are probably thinking to themselves "why put myself through the pain of another Northern Eagles episode?"

Mike Charlesworth isn't a Coastie. He probably has no idea about what the Northern Eagles were and would have less of an idea about how the Central Coast was treated like a piece of dog shit by the NRL and Manly in particular. He shoots his moth off, thinking that it's in the best interest of the organisation, but in reality, he is opening old wounds and giving fans a reason to lose hope in the team.

sydmariner

They just won't learn will they we don't want NSO or Brookvale oval WE WANT BLUETOUNGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard:

Ancient Mariner

Recent media report would have hurt crowd number I would have thought. Despite the denials by the Mariners that no games will be heading south, I still suspect there is a lot of residual pain felt by a lot of people who lived through the Northern Eagles debacle.

I think that it is this subset of fans that are the ones that are on the edge of being regular attendees at Mariners fixtures. Basically, NRL fans that love sport and love the Coast. They have been to a few games over the years and would've attended last night until the recent media reports surfaced. They are probably thinking to themselves "why put myself through the pain of another Northern Eagles episode?"

Mike Charlesworth isn't a Coastie. He probably has no idea about what the Northern Eagles were and would have less of an idea about how the Central Coast was treated like a piece of dog shit by the NRL and Manly in particular. He shoots his moth off, thinking that it's in the best interest of the organisation, but in reality, he is opening old wounds and giving fans a reason to lose hope in the team.

Careful, do not say "Boo", you might frighten a Central Coast supporter. :naughty:

pjennings

Careful, do not say "Boo", you might frighten a Central Coast supporter. :naughty:

I know more than a hundred regulars that refused to come back in season 4 after our best season in season 3 because of two events

1) The CCM Jets Grand Final being played at SFS and
2) the treatment of Danny after the Grand Final for doing less than what Milligan did to Mark Shields 2 weeks before the Grand Final.

The latest fracas may lead to a similar (though I hope not) erosion of our fan base. With the size of our population the Mariners are not in the position to frighten supporters. It really isn't that hard to have a clear and consistent communications strategy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred