• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners V AU Rd 7

Jaundice

Yeah, don't understand that one. Duke was probably the hardest worker out there, he always gives 100%.
The kid deserves some goals, some reward for his effort farken.

He hasn't got the mojo and I doubt the goals would come if we threw him up front. Simons made more incisive runs and combinations this year and his only been on the pitch for 15 minutes.

nearlyyellow

Ando made a very impressive foray up the middle in the 2nd. Can't remember the time but he controlled the ball all the way from our qtr. up to theirs. Made me look a right goose because I had just finished saying that I wish he's just do something instead of standing there with the ball at his feet waving his arms about. It was a sight to see. Anyone else recall that?

dibo

Yep. He was in the middle of a dream where he was a heroic ball carrying midfielder. Unfortunately he woke just as he met the cross, remembered he was a CB and cleared it safely over the bar.

dibo

Monty my MOM today, even with the send off. He and Hutch made it incredibly hard for the reds to have any space up the middle and they didn't get a lot of love through there. Monty is a little reckless with his tackling, but he wins so much ball and makes so many interceptions that he's essential against teams like Adelaide. Hutch was flicking between sitting alongside and pressing up with Caceres and it was working pretty well.

But for five minutes of ridiculously shit defending we've got a point today.

But for some reeeeeeeeally ordinary decision making with the ball going forward, we might've had a win.

We are our own worst enemies.

pjennings

mind you that fkn idiot Gillette and his two moronic flag wavers did us no favours

There was some poor defensive work and we should have put some goals away but I was more pissed off with Gillette than anyone in our team.

We 'committed' 10 fouls for 5 yellows including 2 for Monty and the one for Reddy. Some of our fouls were not fouls including one of Monty's. Adelaide had 15 fouls for 3 yellows. Galekovic also seemed to hold the ball outside the area - though he was still inside. That should have been a red. Ferriera scissored Neill - again should have been a red- but not even a foul and could have also been sent in the first half if penalty was given (which I thought live it should have been). Late in the second half there was also an elbow to the head on Caceres.

I know I have some bias but to me that looked like they should have been down to 8. We should have still had 11. If Ferriera had gone for either foul then there is no cross for the first goal.

Key decisions changed that game.

MrCelery

It pains me to say it, but...

FortressBluetongue-1.jpg

MrCelery

Why on earth did we sub our striker for a winger at the half? Was Duke injured?

Not as far as I know. He was running around like a chook as usual, but anywhere near the penalty area he must've been looking to pick up wheat. Because he certainly wasn't playing striker. Pretty much sums up his whole season so far, to be honest.

Atomic

I was excited when I saw the team line up prior to the game. The only criticism was Sim instead of Tricky… and didn't that decision come back to bite us in the arse. Sim had a shocker… and absolute shocker imo. His only redeeming feature was the effort.

As I said last week, we are impotent up front. Unfortunately, a quality striker is like a Ferrari… and we just can't afford a Ferrari. Dukey is more like an SS Commodore.

As for Ando… I didn't rate his game very highly at all. He seems a bit dumb struck when he has the ball. Limited vision. The unfortunate aspect is that he is the lynch pin when we are playing out from the back. The penny finally dropped in the last few minutes when he ran at the defence.

This is the first time where I'm not going to give Moss the benefit of the doubt. We started well, but when we dropped our bundle, his decisions were found wanting. Very poor!

VicMariner

He hasn't got the mojo and I doubt the goals would come if we threw him up front. Simons made more incisive runs and combinations this year and his only been on the pitch for 15 minutes.
He's not working out as a starting striker.
Probably the best way to use him would be as an impact sub where his pace and energy can torment a tired defence.

Or with Simon as Wombat said:
They should be playing in tandem up front.
I'd rather see two strikers than two defesive midfielders.

Last edited:

Navy and yellow

He's not working out as a starting striker.
Probably the best way to use him would be as an impact sub where his pace and energy can torment a tired defence.
Have to agree with this. Start Cernak up front, he has come off the bench several times now and shown as much effort as Duke chasing the ball. Hopefully if he is given the same chances that Duke has had recently he will finish one. That exquisite pass by Neil to put Duke one on one with keeper was butchered by Duke. Such a lame shot. Too many people seem to equate Duke's chasing all over the park with quality. He has been very poor this year. Seen better touch in O35's competition. Lots of hate for Sim but Fitzgerald has been equally poor this year but few comments on his performances. Made some poor decisions and turned over the ball cheaply several times. refereeing was very poor today and western linesman made some poor calls, but ultimately we are not playing well enough. Trying to be optimistic but getting harder every week.

Gratis

once again the promise was there in the first 38mins except for the lack of creating goals

indeed count all the goal we've scored this season, and no that's not a typo
just in case: 1.
all season. and not many 'close ones' either. all season. it would be more glaring but we'd scored during the ffa cup to make it less obvious

otherwise I thought we were the better team early, which impressive against this AU side.
hoping Matt Simon can be the goal catalyst and I don't know what the fug for the defence but we're leaky about 2 unnecessary goals a game on average

pjennings

Lots of hate for Sim but Fitzgerald has been equally poor this year but few comments on his performances.

I know what you are saying - they are both frustrating in different ways. Sim frustrates me the way McKay does at a NT level. When we are looking for a quick break he either loses the ball or takes one touch too many and we lose momentum. While I like the front men to back themselves Fitzy does when others are in a much better position. Two or three times when Vernes was on he was ignored by Fitzy when he was totally free.

Capt. Awesome

My random thought:

Great first 35mins or so. Really bad deffensive lapse.
We have some great build up play to get to the final 3rd but then we run out of ideas. Even though Monty was having a great game Moss probably should have subbed him off instead of Hutch as Monty already had a yellow.

I'd like to see us play a 433 formation with two no. 10s at the start of the game, grab a few goals and then switch to the more defensive 4231 after that. We are always chasing the game this season.

Oh and I'm over Ando. He's to slow. Takes to much time to make a decision and looks so nervous on the ball. I cringe every time he touches the ball. Calling Wilko...

As for Duke, Moss said he took him off because he was knackered.

The Hutch situation is really bad for the team. It's bad enough if one of your normal players storm off to the dressing room but when you captain does it that's really bad news. Oh and Bosnar needs to be dropped from the team. He couldn't be bothered to even warm up with the other players at halftime. Hate that sort if attitude.

Positive: Vernes looked likely and made a few good runs. Will probably start next week as he was singled out by Moss in the press conference.

Wombat

Mike Mulvey is available and the club should grab him while they can. We are a train wreck and I'm fearful the dreadful Scummers might even beat us next week.

Onto the game...

We actually played quite well for the first 40 mins and were the better side but our woeful defence conceeded 2 in 5 minutes the very first time they were pressured. Adelaide should have had another 2.

My observations without the benefit of TV replay....

Sim is completely lost (although his dead ball delivery is good) and out of his depth. Mossy is making a rod for his own back.
We need to pay someone like Mark Rudan to come in and teach the defence the basic fundamentals of their job.
The lack of movement is criminal......don't they practice two touch football?
It makes my blood boil to see our midfield sit back when we make a break and no players available or one bloke surrounded by 4defenders once we get the ball into the box.
We create so little it's sad to watch.

Reddy 5.5. Wtf was he doing up there when we were 2 nil down and was hugely lucky not to get a red for the hack. Still is was the most enjoyable moment of the game.
Storm 6. Decided to do our midfielders job but needs to concentrate on keeping clean sheets.
Neil 6. Suspect defensively again but looks good going forward.
Zac 5. Cumbersome.
Rose 6.5. Ball watches too much for a CB but did some good things.
Sim 4. Totally out of his depth. Bounces around without a clue. Touch is poor but dead ball delivery is good. Must have some shocking photos of Mossy in the safe.
Hutcho 6. Not his worst game.
Monty 7. Mom but only because everyone else was so poor.
Caceras 5.5. Too lazy or lackadaisical for my liking.
Fitzy 5. Started off very well but faded badly and his decision making is very average.
Duke 6. Left stranded again. Worked hard but looks short on confidence.

Ref was a complete retard but his incompetence was dwarfed by ours.

Subs...Vernes and Cernak were ok.

1 more week then time for a new coach.

Capt. Awesome

Mike Mulvey is available and the club should grab him while they can. We are a train wreck and I'm fearful the dreadful Scummers might even beat us next week.

Onto the game...

We actually played quite well for the first 40 mins and were the better side but our woeful defence conceeded 2 in 5 minutes the very first time they were pressured. Adelaide should have had another 2.

My observations without the benefit of TV replay....

Sim is completely lost (although his dead ball delivery is good) and out of his depth. Mossy is making a rod for his own back.
We need to pay someone like Mark Rudan to come in and teach the defence the basic fundamentals of their job.
The lack of movement is criminal......don't they practice two touch football?
It makes my blood boil to see our midfield sit back when we make a break and no players available or one bloke surrounded by 4defenders once we get the ball into the box.
We create so little it's sad to watch.

Reddy 5.5. Wtf was he doing up there when we were 2 nil down and was hugely lucky not to get a red for the hack. Still is was the most enjoyable moment of the game.
Storm 6. Decided to do our midfielders job but needs to concentrate on keeping clean sheets.
Neil 6. Suspect defensively again but looks good going forward.
Zac 5. Cumbersome.
Rose 6.5. Ball watches too much for a CB but did some good things.
Sim 4. Totally out of his depth. Bounces around without a clue. Touch is poor but dead ball delivery is good. Must have some shocking photos of Mossy in the safe.
Hutcho 6. Not his worst game.
Monty 7. Mom but only because everyone else was so poor.
Caceras 5.5. Too lazy or lackadaisical for my liking.
Fitzy 5. Started off very well but faded badly and his decision making is very average.
Duke 6. Left stranded again. Worked hard but looks short on confidence.

Ref was a complete retard but his incompetence was dwarfed by ours.

Subs...Vernes and Cernak were ok.

1 more week then time for a new coach.
Wow I actually agree with nearly everything you said for once. What is this world coming to?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred