• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Team of the Decade:

dibo

3 in open play, the other 3 from the spot, in a season where it was raining goals; Kwasnik got 9. And he couldn't hack it for a decent stint here. Not sold.

Wombat

Your love in with Hutcho is commendable if misguided.

It's good how you have a selective memory..........because you always used to bang on about how good Porter and Heff were and deserved to be starting 11. It's ok maybe it's an Aussie/coast thing......back the local regardless.

Perez was quality, Amini was a decent prospect.

Atomic

I don't think we ever saw a fully fit Perez did we? He was always struggling with a groin strain. I've always wondered what would've happened in the Brisbane GF had Perez been fit.

Having said all that, I still rate him as our most talented #10. However, I don't think 18 games is enough to get him into the team of the decade, in my opinion.

dibo

Your love in with Hutcho is commendable if misguided.

It's good how you have a selective memory..........because you always used to bang on about how good Porter and Heff were and deserved to be starting 11. It's ok maybe it's an Aussie/coast thing......back the local regardless
You've got a fantastic imagination.

Wombat

You would make a great Police witness........I didn't see anything, I never said nuffin.

Go back through some of the drivel you have written over the years and the evidence is as plain as day.

Roy Law

So when is the name of the thread to be changed to "You said, I said..."?
I used to think that it was only on 442 that threads could so easily move away from the topic.

Roy Law

Here is my idea of the team:
Ryan
Bojic Sainsbury Zwaanswijk Heffernan
Jedinak Hutchinson
Pondeljak Rogic McGlinchey
McBreen

Subs: Vukovic, Wilkinson, Gumprecht, Simon, Kwasnik

Wombat

My team (no gimmicks)

Ryan
Wilko
Tesco
Dutchy (capt)
Rose
Weemac
Griffiths. (Just in front of Jedi)
Gumpey ( just in front of Perez)
bozanic
Aloisi
Mori

Subs
Danny
beauchamp
Jedi
Perez
Simon

Manager...tough one...I give it to Lawrie on the back of season 1 when we played lovely attacking Football and were the best team in the comp.

dibo

I'm going to assume you aren't joking, and remind you that we (along with everyone else) were miles behind Adelaide in season 1. It's fair to say we weren't even close to the best team that year.

MagpieMariner

Not 100% sure, but I think we came 4th at the end of the home-and-away. That makes us 4th best, even though we ended up 2nd.

tsd

if you treat team of the decade as "most talented players per position" i can understand guys like perez and aloisi being mentioned but if its "most memorable/ had the most influence/ defined who the mariners are" its gotta have guys like kwas, simon, wilko, gumps, jedi, tommy p, patty z, danny v, mcbreen

side note: any one caught posting a team without hutch should be banned for life!

sydmariner

if you treat team of the decade as "most talented players per position" i can understand guys like perez and aloisi being mentioned but if its "most memorable/ had the most influence/ defined who the mariners are" its gotta have guys like kwas, simon, wilko, gumps, jedi, tommy p, patty z, danny v, mcbreen

side note: any one caught posting a team without hutch should be banned for life!
:goodpost: Can we make the same rule about simon & can anyone who votes mcglinchey in be banned for life

Atomic

:goodpost: Can we make the same rule about simon & can anyone who votes mcglinchey in be banned for life
McGlinchey gave the Mariners 5 years of top shelf service. To say anyone voting for him should be banned for life is just plain wrong.

UnitedsNo9

I think it is worth noting that over the years we have had some fantastic DM players. Hutch has played many positions but I believe he has excelled in DM. Monty has been a machine for the last few years, Griffiths was picked up (possibly for really cheap from Nth Qld when they folded) and turned into an incredible player who really dominated and was soon sold for at the time record fee for A-League I believe. Then their is Jedi who has gone from stride to stride.

I know it is cheating but I'm putting two down
Back to topic, my 1st 11: Alternate 11:
Ryan Vukavic
Bojic Sainsbury Zwannswijk Rose Roux Wilko Vidmar Heff
Jedinak Hutch Griffiths Monty
McGlinchey Bozanic Gumprecht Ibini
Rogic Amini
McBreen Aloisi

Reactions: tsd

UnitedsNo9

Ok cocked that up:
Should have read

Ryan
Bojic Sainsbury Zwaanswijk Rose
Jedinak Hutch
McGlinchey Rogic Bozanic
Mcbreen

Atomic

Even after what he's just put the club through
Absolutely. McGlinchey gave far more to the club than he took from it. You can be bitter at the way he departed… so am I, but there is no denying what he did for us over 5 years. For me, he should be a certain starter in our team of the decade.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred