• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 11 - 2015/2016

midfielder

Was at the Welcome Wednesday last night and the CEO said we will more than likely lose Adam Dawson as he has been offered contracts in Europe..

As for the Everton player he is a striker ...... BUT .... both Everton and the Mariners want to insure he is inform and ready to take a place in the first team thus he will do 6 weeks pre season training with Everton and they will advise us of his form...

localpom

Was at the Welcome Wednesday last night and the CEO said we will more than likely lose Adam Dawson as he has been offered contracts in Europe..

As for the Everton player he is a striker ...... BUT .... both Everton and the Mariners want to insure he is inform and ready to take a place in the first team thus he will do 6 weeks pre season training with Everton and they will advise us of his form...
Shame about Dawson. I think he would have worked out well but we have decent enough attacking mids to do the job.
We badly need another good striker, sounds promising with the Everton player. Obviously they only want to send him if he's virtually guaranteed a starting berth, otherwise there isn't much benefit to either side or player. So...we are still at 19 with a probable Everton striker which would take us to 20? Still need 2 CB's at least and another striker (Matty!) to round off the squad.

Roy Law

Happy not to have Dawson. A Visa spot should be taken by players who can make a difference; I couldn't see anything about him that said he was anything special.

MagpieMariner

Laughed at Martinez' comment about Everton lads speaking English. I've had numerous Scouser mates over the years and the relationship between their dialect and English was very marginal. :p

Gratis

I hope he gets a move somewhere better than the A-League

it would be hard to see him play for a competitor and unfortunately I don't see us having the room or the coin for him at this time

localpom

Would love Oli back, but even if we could afford him (which we probably can't) i would prefer a top CB (Wilko !) instead. CB and Striker are where our issues are.

Rowdy

Ollie's on Postecoglou's radar now, so I think that will give him some 'peace of mind' in staying & looking for another gig in Europe (which IS his said intentions)

As opposed to coming back to the HAL judt for the purpose of making the Socceroo's squad for the up-coming qualification campaign.

He's young, got time on his side. Best to try & stay in Europe- develop for the long-term

Golly

I'm at the pub again
Just overheard my mate tommy saying Bozanic won't be returning to the a-league anytime soon

Tommy the sauce on the pulse

kevrenor

Just saw a fan comment on CCM website (under the article "Walmsley talks preseason") about "former Sydney fc player Blake Powell set to sign. Should be a great signing for CCM ."
Don't know anything about him. Anyone know anything?

Yes, just signed for Wellington Phoenix

JoyfulPenguin

OK, should we have been trying to get him?
I think so, apparently was a decent player in Sydney's Champions League campaign a few years back then broke his leg and was released. Scored 21 goals in 16 games in the NSWNPL so I think he may have been worth a contract..

JoyfulPenguin

People think Allen Welsh is worth a shot? Thought he always acquitted himself well with the Jets and seemed to know how to play a ball. Think he could turn into a pretty good player with some good coaching.

pjennings

Speaking on Wednesday Shaun M said that the decision about age eligible player probably wouldn't happen this year. Tony was less pessimistic and wouldn't rule it out changing this year. I'm not expecting us to announce anything for a while because Tony seems to have a few loan deals lined up if the pre-season works with teams other than Everton as well. So maybe we will be waiting for 6 weeks or so. I would love to have seen Dawson here, his close control is up there with Perez.

At the most optimistic we will get Dawson, the age ineligible (at the moment) Everton CB, the Everton striker and Callum Richardson as another CB (i.e any other 3 first choice players which would give us a very competitive squad). At the other end we sign Callum Richardson and Harry Ashcroft at the back and Trent Buhagiar up front. The reality will probably be somewhere in between and we will be in the second tier of teams aiming for a 3rd -6th finish.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred