• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 11 - 2015/2016

pjennings

I'd love Wilko to come back but won't be holding my breath.

CBs of Wilkinson, Galloway (Everton), Poscoliero and Candell-Sherriff certainly look a lot more solid than Poscoliero, Bosnar, Anderson and Griffiths.

Galloway debuted for the Toffees last night. Hard to see him coming here on loan now.

pjennings

If Archie can't came to an agreement with victory. I'd happily have a 36 year old striker at lower minimum wage with bonuses at 10, 15 and 20 goals. A Morwell old boy that Hutch would have a connection with.

localpom

If Archie can't came to an agreement with victory. I'd happily have a 36 year old striker at lower minimum wage with bonuses at 10, 15 and 20 goals. A Morwell old boy that Hutch would have a connection with.
For sure! Would love Archie here and he would be better off been the main man here than warming the bench at MVFC.

midfielder

IMO the two best strikers we have had were Damian Mori and John Aloisi both over 35 when we signed em... then theirs Macka's golden year ... so an older Archie would not worry me.

MagpieMariner

The 2 best strikers that we ever had were Mcbreen & Simon.:tophat::popcorn:
Surely you jest.
Mori is (or was until recently, so I read somewhere) the scorer of most goals for Australia, Aloisi also scored plenty for Australia, including THAT penalty and also the sealing goal for Australia's first ever World Cup finals win. They both performed just as effectively for us in the short periods we had them. Neither McBreen or Simon actually played for Australia, or if they did they certainly didn't score.
McBreen had one stellar season for us, after a couple of seasons of dross (I'm sure I wasn't the only one calling him McUseless); Matty worked very hard for us, I'll give him that, but best striker? His first season he couldn't hit the ground if he fell off a horse. After that, his best times with us were alongside Sasho and then alongside McBreen. On his own, I could count his goals on the fingers of my left foot. Yes, I exaggerate a bit there, but best striker no, even though I love the guy to pieces.

Roy Law

I think Matty Simon played for the Socceroos against Kuwait in Canberra; we lost 0-1. At the time he went off to try his luck in Asia he was matching Berisha for goals scored; he was in the best form of his life. I don't think though that he was ever our best striker.

Roy Law

With Spider Kalac leaving Sydney, what are the chances that Arnie will plunder the coaching stocks of the Mariners and take John Crawley?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred